All things FTSE

We've, now, broken through the resistance pattern prior to this morning's high. Does that tell us anything? There could be some heavy going, now, or it might slice through all the resistance, or drop back.

:LOL: Reading the above, I'm not a very good forcaster, am I? I might get a job on a Sunday column.

Split

Last edited:
:D Don't worry,

Covering all your bases, you can't be wrong!

Or using the lingo, you are hedging your posts!

Anyone here using capital Spreads? I am having trouble placing orders with them..........anyone else experiencing difficulties ?

MACD just posted 2 lower highs on the 5 minute chart

We could be running out of steam...

* Just got stopped out of FTSE LONG for a +10

Yes, I've moved my stop up close to 17.5 market, but I only have forty minutes before I leave for work.

New trade

SHORT @ 6418.8 with SL at 6428.8

I closed Tesco @ breakeven. Didn't like the trade anymore so it was for the best

British Energy still going with +2 locked in

Closed for 21 points. Would like to have stayed on but duty calls. 38.8 points today.

See you tomorrow

Good trading

Split

ouch

SHORT just got nailed so its a -10 this time

Also closed British Energy for a 1.4 profit and opened new LONG @ 574.08

* new LONG on FTSE @ 6526.5 , I seem to be getting the ole whippy action here but rules are rules and I must follow to prevail in the end

Last edited:
What a topsy turvy day it's been.

Up 50, falls back 10, gets all that back and a little more, now falling back but for how long who knows.

Get youselves an hourly chart over the last month and look how erratic it's been.

Tried to post one here, will try later, currently the upload keeps failing.

Stephen

SHORT just got nailed so its a -10 this time

Also closed British Energy for a 1.4 profit and opened new LONG @ 574.08

* new LONG on FTSE @ 6526.5 , I seem to be getting the ole whippy action here but rules are rules and I must follow to prevail in the end

Well, that LONG trade was closed at breakeven so it's cool,

My British Energy, well what a beauty its has been today. The LONG was stopped for a -2 but I reveresed and it tanked :cheesy: Had the SHORT @ 570.43 and stopped out for +10 :)

So all in all a good day +18 which includes that horendous -10 spike stop...

Trying a sneaky SHORT on Amvescap (FTSE 100) just want to see if my TA works on this share as well

Thanks

Without wishing to sound patronising,as I certainly don't have all the answers, there is a valuable lesson in there.

Taking your loss when stopped and still having a profitable day overall shows that stops are your friend!

It's so easy when in that trade not to want to take the loss but you need to keep telling yourselves stops will get you where you want to go in the end.

Take your loss and move on is probably the greatest habit you can form in trading.

Only not doing this once can wipe out years of hard work!

Stephen McCreedy

Stops

Thanks Stephen,

The stops definitely saved my bacon today on some of my trades.

I would be so nervous without a stop, I frequently lose connection to Finspreads platform (who knows why) but all I need is a platform crash and can't login straightaway again (another issue I seem to have) and the price to fly off the handle and wipe out a whole days profit or possibly even weeks.

So the trend is your friend and stops are their annoying sister, always tagging along :eek:

This posting at the times of trading is a bit of a dead loss. Sometimes it is just to active to do that, so I am stopping. Suffice to say that I just lost 12 points on a short trade. Oscar's right, by the way. Did anyone read that series of posts before Easter? It is better to put the stop in before the open. I can't do that with spreadbetting, though.

I think I'm talking to myself, here, this morning! In any case, I'm on a hiding to nowhere in trying to get it right. 25 points down on 5 trades. So, I'm off until Tuesday while I'm still ahead.

If anyone comes in---Good trading--- but I think I'm alone
Split

Finally

Morning,

I missed the big move up this morning but was waiting for a short.

I am now SHORT @ 6592.8

* Stopped and reversed, now LONG @ 6597.3 (last trade -4.5)

Last edited: