A Trip Down T2W Memory Lane

i missed that call but i do have to say i have seen a good number of profitable calls here and td ive got pages of word documents with your posts :D ... you should look into putting your journalistic writing skills into writing a book:smart: and get them to sell it here on t2win... it will fly of the shelves :D just dont forget my small cut :p

And then we can make you become a vendor and chase you with pitch forks!!!

i thought that was only saved for the people selling sh!t ...i doubt this would be in that category :p

There's been a fair bit of talk on this thread of special forums for senior or chosen members/ premium sections etc. Although I'm a pretty infrequent poster who shouldn't expect to have any influence on board policy etc I'd just like to add my 2 cents worth here as I think this would really be a disastrous idea.

The thing is that there really isn't an automatic correlation between post count and post quality. In fact most of the rubbish/soap operas comes from the more prolific posters as these are the people who feel most comfortable joining in with these discussions and for whom the forum has become more sociable. Equally well you often get some great contributions from people with a lot to offer but for whom the forum is not such a large part of their daily lives.

I reckon we'd find that a lot of what people are complaining about would be carried on through to any elite sections but you would be ostricizing a lot of people with good things to say or who can add something a bit diiferent or new. There is already a first steps forum to house all the silly newbie questions.

On top of this I reckon you'd have all sorts of arguements, egos, and toys being thrown of prams when it comes to deciding who should and who shouldnt be allowed to post in these places.

I just think the risk/reward on this would be pretty lame.

Also, just like to add there's nothing wrong with a bit of fun and banter.

Since I am one of those morons that thinks everyone should be equally subjected to the rules and guidelines of the site regardless of their ''status'' or ''connections'', I might have a problem when I perceive opposite to be the case.

My position on this is pretty simple, in an ideal world status would be based on merit. Clearly who gets to decide who has merit and who dosn't is a very subjective call and open to abuse, the closest we'll get is some form of democratic process.

With respect to status being granted via connections, I agree in principle thats its wrong, but I have to face upto the reality that it happens, and when it does happen, as in the case with Grey1, the only thing you can do if you feel stronly about the issue is point out the hypocrisy of the situation.

I just fail to see how everyone can be treated equally. For example, lets assume someone posts suggesting that a particular product may be of interest to the general membership. If this takes the form of repeated posts from a new member whose only adgenda is to promote an unproven product purely for financial gain, (an afiliate marketer for example), then personally, I feel that they should be treated differently from say a long standing member with no commercial interest other than to genuinely inform. The robustness of moderation has to be (and is) adjusted accordingly.

Grey1 is a good example, he's been around for years, his private forum here was and is a credit to the site, and his own personal contributions have merit. Under these circumstances surely he deserves a little more respect than say an obvious affilaite marketer who contributes little, other than abusing the privelidge of membership for personal gain ?

Since you don't belive that; for me your stands in this issue amounts to nothing but sour grapes. There was a decision and you didn't like it. Well though. Move on.
At least by moving on you would stop adding fuel to very wrong attitude slowly creeping in to the this site that since everybody is not equal rules can be applied to individuals according to their perceived ''quality''. Before you say, this is already a norm , I would remind you that; you seems to find nothing wrong with that, as long as it is openly declared and the'' hypocrisy'' eliminated.
Very short sighted I say....

The issue is that this isnt a slowly creeping attitude that rules are applied with discretion according to the percieved quality of posts, as you say, its the norm and it has been for some considerable time, at least in recent weeks the moderators have admitted its the case. My commenting on the situation has no bearing whatsoever, with the exception that a couple of mods have stated that they requested a vendor tag be applied and their requests where ignored. At least those statements allow new members who wish to undertake due dilligence to place the issue in context, and the moderators comments that members are not treated equally provides a much better understanding of why certain issues are dealt with in certain ways that at first glance sometimes appear illogical.

History has shown that the site's management operates under a culture of hypocrisy, and you cant really change that, and there's no reason for them to. They have a popular forum, the mods do a good job under difficult circumstances, and the site attracts advertising revenue it needs to keep running and renumerate managment and investors. The mods have stated that members are not equal, we can see that in practice people arent treated as equal, so all we really need is an admission from the sites management that this is policy, and a retraction of the written statement that favouritism does not exist, then we all know where we stand and you can either accept or reject that proposition. Surely that has to be a better situation than misleading and confusing new members ?

grey1 was the only trader worth listening to to be honest and you guys **** it up for yourselves mainly because of jealously to be honest. im not selling anything now and thank god i did not or you would all have the codes.

personally i thought it was a great idea considering all the scammer's and quiet background con men on here. Members would have got value for money no doubt but anyway thats the end of it as far as im concerned.

just hope you give baimry, trader dante etc just as hard time when there time comes.

Still waiting for the links to 3 threads that offer; in-depth, detailed, discussions in furthering the understanding of markets and participants. (no leading to pay rooms or pay tutoring, or 'short-cut' setups.. proper understanding).. make you walk and really think and re-asses how you look at the charts

shameless bump.

Attachments

• Animooted-bump.gif
    Animooted-bump.gif
    1.2 MB · Views: 172
grey1 was the only trader worth listening to to be honest and you guys **** it up for yourselves mainly because of jealously to be honest. im not selling anything now and thank god i did not or you would all have the codes.

I'm going to give an alternative and hopefully more balanced perspective. Grey1 is far from the only trader worth listening to. I'm no fan of Grey1 but he does seam to possess a reasonably well developed mental model of how he believes markets operate. Therefore if multi timeframe TA, cycle analysis etc float your boat, then Grey1 has a valuable contribution to make. However, not everyone percieve the market in the same way, and Grey1's methods may not fit well with their own particular viepoint, regardless of the profitability of those methods.

As to **** ing things up by throwing his toys out of the pram, he's probably done a few people a favour in so much as they'll be forced to get off their arses and actually start doing some work for themselves, which ultimately, is the only way forward.

personally i thought it was a great idea considering all the scammer's and quiet background con men on here. Members would have got value for money no doubt but anyway thats the end of it as far as im concerned.

People would have either found it useful, and continued paying, or not useful and left, its really that simple isnt it ? personally I dont see the problem, either move forward with the idea if you believe in it, or drop it, but bouncing around from one idea to the next isnt really going to get you very far.

just hope you give baimry, trader dante etc just as hard time when there time comes.

I guess it depends on how its handled and whats actually being offered, the principle difference between the examples you cited and you, is that you where selling a product developed by someone else, thats OK if the product is a TV, or a carpet or washing machine, but when its intellectual property, that may need to be maintained to evolving and changing market conditions, its a slightly different situation. If baimry where to decide to charge for his autotrader I'm sure he could pitch the argument quite convincingly, and most would accept it as such, at which point he stands or falls on performance the same as everyone else.

Show me the three threads and I'll retire to my chat room! Its like the star chamber in there so it is, and I am the gatekeeper... I am zuul...!

cue the 50ft marshmallow man.......