Memory

You could also delete any unnecessary services (that load up) using MSCONFIG.

Proceed with extreme caution. You have been warned!!

This is the BEST advice however, to be used by people who know what they are doing.

You can uncheck a service instead of deleting and later re-enabling the service if it alll goes pear shaped using last known good configurtion.

Usually any un-identified services are worth disabling except for security products (which always display as unknown).

Proceed with caution.

4. Adobe Acrobat version 8 puts two services in startup too. You can uncheck these with no problems.

This is the BEST advice however, to be used by people who know what they are doing.

You can uncheck a service instead of deleting and later re-enabling the service if it alll goes pear shaped using last known good configurtion.

Usually any un-identified services are worth disabling except for security products (which always display as unknown).

Proceed with caution.

4. Adobe Acrobat version 8 puts two services in startup too. You can uncheck these with no problems.

To do this more safely, i would recommend the freeware utility "startup inspector for windows".

I bought a further memory stick of ebay from fastmemoryman.
This was a mistake, as he takes an absolute age to deliver them, and to cut a long story short, the goods were not up to scratch, as they didn't work properly.
I do NOT recommend buying from this seller!! I just wish i'd read a few of his significant % of negative feedback comments :( .

Last edited:
I bought a further memory stick of ebay from fastmemoryman.
This was a mistake, as he takes an absolute age to deliver them, and to cut a long story short, the goods were not up to scratch.
I do NOT recommend buying from this seller!! I just wish i'd read a few of his significant % of negative feedback comments :( .

JT,
I've got some DDR400 memory I don't need. I'll drop you a mail. :)

Tim