A Trip Down T2W Memory Lane

I long ago suggested to Sharky that he had a premium section with a nominal payment for access.
That works extremely well on MoneyAM and is around £6 a month. There is only one nutter there out of the entire paying membership and the quality is much higher than on their free section.
Just a thought. One which will be as popular as projectile vomiting.

Another idea is for members to resuscitate some of the better educational threads by adding a comment. This would bring those threads to the attention of new members and should generate additional hits on the site, thus justifying higher charges to advertisers and enabling Sharky to visit some of those places of interest in Soho near the t2w office.
Richard

Sorry to be the one to state the obvious but with a 95% failure rate !!

Some of the old faithfuls will be among them much to their own disgust and chagrin.
Perhaps I was reading too much between the lines But thought I might be able to tell sometimes when the rose tinted glasses of huge expectation came off and the reality of losses had to be faced, then bitterness often crept into their posts.
Oh dear and alas poor Yorics
:cry:

Still think positive and try again is my motto
:clap:

Sorry to be the one to state the obvious but with a 95% failure rate !! Some of the old faithfuls will be among them much to their own disgust and chagrin.

Reading through wasps list, a disproportiante number of the higher quality posters where banned. I'd go as far as to say there's an extremely strong positive correlation between the quality of a members post and the likelihood of a ban.

Those posting (and defending) quality material, will inevitably be banned, those posting inane drivel you'll be welcomed by mods and admin with open arms, indeed there are very few idiots who do get banned (S89 being an exception)

New Trader is spot on with his earlier comments, unfortunately I cant rep him as the system wont let me as I have to "spread reputation round", ensuring that the half wits get their fair share of colored dots !

As we are strolling down memory lane my two favourite posters (in addition to the ledgendary Mr Socco) where Rude Boy and China White, very different in style/content but still great contributions from both

Now you mention it - it does ring a bell! But why not revisit the idea? I think it's time that something is done; ignoring the problem isn't going to make it go away. As for Sharky, well, I would have thought he'd be open to any idea from vet's and advisors to improve the site so long as it doesn't sap his time or his (bulging!) wallet.

The obvious problem with sectioning off - or dividing - the site is that there will, inevitably, be a vociferous minority who will feel victimized and alienated etc. They will start threads that will become very popular and get listed on the front page etc. Ironically, in so doing, this course of action is likely to fan the raging fire of non trading rich content. Even so, I think it's time to bite the bullet and go for it.
Tim.

How about a small section for members with over erm.... 118 posts :whistling Or a section for senior members (and higher)? Newbies could maybe view but not post in that area until they are senior members. Or as Mr. Charts said, a small paid for (cheap!) section? Would filter out some of the crap. It might also encourage newbies to read more rather than just start up new threads asking questions that have already been answered. I admit I've done this because its easier to ask again than search through pages of search results and threads as I don't find the search facility much good.

Interesting that, zup

There's well over 1000 been permanently banned - the vast majority being spammers.

For one reason or another some of the quality posters became sufficiently disenchanted to stop posting quality and resorted to the kind of posts to which you take exception and/or rude and abusive ones. We gave most of them many warnings and lots of rope, but they eventually hung themselves.

'Course, I expect that "We gave most of them many warnings and lots of rope" won't suit you either since it confirms your "not all are equal" view and your conviction of our hypocritical approach :rolleyes:

cheers

jon

As we are strolling down memory lane my two favourite posters (in addition to the ledgendary Mr Socco) where Rude Boy and China White, very different in style/content but still great contributions from both

Rude boy was a right idiot ;)

How about a small section for members with over erm.... 118 posts :whistling Or a section for senior members (and higher)? Newbies could maybe view but not post in that area until they are senior members. Or as Mr. Charts said, a small paid for (cheap!) section? Would filter out some of the crap. It might also encourage newbies to read more rather than just start up new threads asking questions that have already been answered. I admit I've done this because its easier to ask again than search through pages of search results and threads as I don't find the search facility much good.

isnt that what the Private Forums are for?
Grey1 had an excellent one.

It requires permission to join.
It allowed focussed posting on the topic in hand.
And, by dint of the originators powers, disruptive posters could be banned from a private thread.

downside is that the momentum needs to be maintained, as I find even the slightest fall off in posts, and the thread is apt to die.

so, strictly speaking, the facility already exists, without registration fees, to have tighter-controlled threads.

hate to say this, but we have been through all this before.

Interesting that, zup

There's well over 1000 been permanently banned - the vast majority being spammers.

For one reason or another some of the quality posters became sufficiently disenchanted to stop posting quality and resorted to the kind of posts to which you take exception and/or rude and abusive ones. We gave most of them many warnings and lots of rope, but they eventually hung themselves.

'Course, I expect that "We gave most of them many warnings and lots of rope" won't suit you either since it confirms your "not all are equal" view and your conviction of our hypocritical approach :rolleyes:

cheers

jon

yep, just the sort of hypocritical response I expected. You see the mods all over most spammers like a dose of herpes, but when its a mate of your's you turn a blind eye and allow the spamming to continue, hell you even support it.

As to the all are not equal issue, you'd have to be blind not to notice thats obviously the case, and as pretty much every mod has now admitted all are not equal, I guess we can agree that all are not equal, and as far as I'm concerned they shouldnt be. Only a moron would treat everyone as an equal.

The problem comes when the site owner publically states on repeated occassions that all are equal, and that makes him, and you a hypocrite of the worst possible kind.

Its interesting that you say "for one reason or another" quality posters became dishenchanted. What do you and the sites management think those reasons where ? do you take a view on this ?, do you feel that you are in some way responsible, or do you feel that you play no part in the events that lead to the loss of quality posters ? (or the increase in number of spammers and vendors who arent vendors ?

The Grey1 episode was a clear example of the hypocrisy running rife on this forum, as so long as that hypocrisy remains, I'll call you on it until such time you take action to prevent it.

regards
zu

grey1's links to his site selling signals and training were immediately taken down when we were aware of them, if mods had administrative powers he would have been tagged with a badge there and then, we do not have such powers, as has been explained before to you. There was no turning of a blind eye here, as soon as it became apparent that something was wrong a mod asked questions in the tt forum.

grey1 is not "our mate" but out of courtesy for a long standing member, given an opportunity to explain himself, he has so far failed to communicate any explanations or future plans to a moderator.

As long as there are no links here on T2W to any offsite commercial services I don't really see what we can do to resolve some members issues on this, it would be easy if grey1 posted stuff while refusing the vendor tag, we could ban, but as it stands now we are a bit stuck as to what we can do, there isn't much we can do apart from watch and wait for something to happen that we can act on. a bit like waiting for paint drying I know, sorry :sleep:

Come on now Zupcon! This whole hypocrite thing is getting a bit stupid now! Grey1 doesn't even post here anymore so its really not much of a big deal is it??? Chill out a bit man, go and grab a beer or something? The way I see it, although I don't really care, is that Grey1 became a 'vendor', the mods sent him a pm requesting him to register as a vendor, he did not register and stopped posting here. What else did you want them to do? Anyway, I shouldn't really get involved as it will probably just stir things up even more but if you are so angry about it, why do you even post here anymore? The vast majority of your posts over the last couple of months contain the words "Hypocrite", "Hypocrisy", and Hypocritical". You've made your point. Its been heard! Now go and get laid or have a tommy tank ;)

Sam.

P.S. Before you have a go at me, I just want to say...... I Love You x :love:

Last edited:
anyone remember avidtraders with Teasa Lowe ?
They traded the spx live, I learnt alot from that site.
Think it was $300 a month but worth every penny.

Attachments

• dowbottom.gif
    dowbottom.gif
    32.9 KB · Views: 229
.................Its interesting that you say "for one reason or another" quality posters became dishenchanted. What do you and the sites management think those reasons where ? do you take a view on this ?, do you feel that you are in some way responsible, or do you feel that you play no part in the events that lead to the loss of quality posters ? (or the increase in number of spammers and vendors who arent vendors ?...........

zup,

Yes, I do feel responsible since I think better moderation on my part could have helped. It wasn't (and isn't) easy since some "quality posters" seemed to have very thin skins and prone to take any disagreement with what they said as personal attacks or worse. We tried "tougher moderation" on some threads they started, but that led us to the "not all are equal" accusations of unfairness.

I dunno why I keep on modding really. Like the other mods, I just try to keep the site clear of spammers whenever I notice them or they are reported - admitedly some linger on a bit until their true colours are revealed and some remain because they interest members and are pretty free with the information they give - and reasonably free of abuse and offence. Whether you care to believe it or not, we operate without any interference (or orders) from on high other than the guidelines and we mainly ride solo unless we are unsure when we converse with each other.

You can accuse us of whatever you like, but it's about time you stopped seeing conspiracy where none exists.

cheers

jon

. Only a moron would treat everyone as an equal.

Since I am one of those morons that thinks everyone should be equally subjected to the rules and guidelines of the site regardless of their ''status'' or ''connections'', I might have a problem when I perceive opposite to be the case.
Since you don't belive that; for me your stands in this issue amounts to nothing but sour grapes. There was a decision and you didn't like it. Well though. Move on.
At least by moving on you would stop adding fuel to very wrong attitude slowly creeping in to the this site that since everybody is not equal rules can be applied to individuals according to their perceived ''quality''.
Before you say, this is already a norm , I would remind you that; you seems to find nothing wrong with that, as long as it is openly declared and the'' hypocrisy'' eliminated.
Very short sighted I say....

thinking back to the beat the broker thread theres a priceless one liner here

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/spread-betting/44946-beat-broker-compo-66.html#post574612

heres a graph for those who dont like my one liners :eek:

and new_trader just to show no hard feelings i will give you a rep .... if you spot the gramatical error in one of zupcons posts above (y)

Dilesh dude, you crack me up. There have been some sick calls on this board. My favourite one of my own was a toss up between the weekly Pound short from 2.0782 or the Euro/Gbp long from 0.7018 calling for parity. I remember taking that Dow long right at the bottom of the whole market live on the ETX thread that was a ridiculous trade LOOOL. Did you ever see Laptop1's call to get long Crude?!