A new forum - just for me!

With this in mind I'm very pleased to let you know that I am very close now to improving our moderating resource and Barjon and CV will no longer be soldiering on alone!

has anything happened on this front yet? if so, it's not apparently going well.

i ask because a thread named "Twenty Cents for Each MetaTrader 5 Installation Via Your Link!" by metaquotes has been live all afternoon so far, with over 100 views under it's belt!! and allowed to stand ?? just because there's likely no post report doesn't mean it has to be missed. it wasn't a post hiding within a thread or otherwise difficult to see or understand what the post is about, self explanatory from the title really. where is any added member benefit to be gained from the posting, other than solely benefiting metaquotes in being allowed to lure t2w members to assist it's affiliate marketing campaign.

at least it's a minimum heads up as to what to look out for in the future, the now inevitable avalanche of useless posts as carrier for some numbnuts link to mt5 will fill the new posts listings.

forexfactory - carry the post in the commercial forum - t2w doesn't have one of those, but has still allowed the thread. Twenty Cents for Each MetaTrader 5 Installation Via Your Link! @ Forex Factory

babypips - deleted already http://forums.babypips.com/melting-...-metatrader-5-installation-via-your-link.html

forex tsd - in a commercial area of sorts Twenty Cents for Each MetaTrader 5 Installation Via Your Link!

Last edited:
has anything happened on this front yet? if so, it's not apparently going well.

i ask because a thread named "Twenty Cents for Each MetaTrader 5 Installation Via Your Link!" by metaquotes has been live all afternoon so far, with over 100 views under it's belt!! and allowed to stand ?? just because there's likely no post report doesn't mean it has to be missed. it wasn't a post hiding within a thread or otherwise difficult to see or understand what the post is about, self explanatory from the title really. where is any added member benefit to be gained from the posting, other than solely benefiting metaquotes in being allowed to lure t2w members to assist it's affiliate marketing campaign.

at least it's a minimum heads up as to what to look out for in the future, the now inevitable avalanche of useless posts as carrier for some numbnuts link to mt5 will fill the new posts listings.

forexfactory - carry the post in the commercial forum - t2w doesn't have one of those, but has still allowed the thread. Twenty Cents for Each MetaTrader 5 Installation Via Your Link! @ Forex Factory

babypips - deleted already http://forums.babypips.com/melting-...-metatrader-5-installation-via-your-link.html

forex tsd - in a commercial area of sorts Twenty Cents for Each MetaTrader 5 Installation Via Your Link!

Actually LMQ it is going pretty well and i'll have an update soon. I'm taking this recruitment as an opportunity to simplify things on the moderation front (I hope) and naturally need to discuss things with Jon and CV. I almost had it nailed before Christmas and then the floods kicked in and scuppered my plans (could not get to the various meets I had planned) but i'll be back on track early in the New Year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Steve,

I was wondering if it would be possible to add an editable "Quick Summary" post on first page of a thread after the opening post that would always stay editable, so that it would be possible to put links to the most useful content in long term threads like my Stage Analysis thread. As people generally don't have time to go through 100 or so pages of heavy content and so end up asking questions that have already been addressed earlier in the thread. So I think it would be useful for me personally to be able to put links to the FAQs in the thread, and also the most useful examples, and the main talking points etc. So it would be a way to put the highlights/content links of the thread on the opening page that could be added to and edited as the thread develops.

I've seen that this is possible on other vBulletin forums that I'm assuming that T2W also uses, so I was wondering if it was possible on here?

Last edited:
Hello Isatrader

I'll look into this and get back to you.

Steve
Just to add to Steve's comment. . . If for some reason it's not possible, by all means PM me with the details (exactly as you'd link them in the OP) and I'll copy and paste it for you.

Good idea though isatrader - let's hope it's doable.
Tim.

OK, I have looked into this as promised and it can be done. I have started the process and it will hopefully go live next week, i'll let you know when it has been done.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Steve

Hi Steve,

I was wondering if it would be possible to add an editable "Quick Summary" post on first page of a thread after the opening post that would always stay editable, so that it would be possible to put links to the most useful content in long term threads like my Stage Analysis thread. As people generally don't have time to go through 100 or so pages of heavy content and so end up asking questions that have already been addressed earlier in the thread. So I think it would be useful for me personally to be able to put links to the FAQs in the thread, and also the most useful examples, and the main talking points etc. So it would be a way to put the highlights/content links of the thread on the opening page that could be added to and edited as the thread develops.

I've seen that this is possible on other vBulletin forums that I'm assuming that T2W also uses, so I was wondering if it was possible on here?

OK, I have looked into this as promised and it can be done. I have started the process and it will hopefully go live next week, i'll let you know when it has been done.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Steve

Thanks Steve, that will be a big help for me and I'm sure other people on the site as well. Appreciate the effort you've put in.

Hi Isatrader

OK it is done!

They allowed me into the inner workings to do it myself which probably means I will have broken something :smart:

So have a go with it and let me know if it is OK please.

Also, just so everyone is aware, know these things are changed on a forum by forum basis so the only one it applies to at the moment is the TA one.

I can change others on request.

Steve

Hi Isatrader

OK it is done!

They allowed me into the inner workings to do it myself which probably means I will have broken something :smart:

Also, just so everyone is aware, know these things are changed on a forum by forum basis so the only one it applies to at the moment is the TA one.

Steve

Thanks Steve, I really appreciate the effort. I've just done a quick test and it worked perfectly. So I'll be able to do a proper summary of the thread now on the first post with links to most useful content and frequently asked questions. :smart:

That's great news!

There will be a few red faces here from those that were going short on my ability to make the changes without assistance!

Thanks again for the suggestion.

Steve

Hi Isatrader

OK it is done!

Steve

IMHO this definitely should be applied to the Journals section ...

That's great news!

There will be a few red faces here from those that were going short on my ability to make the changes without assistance!

Thanks again for the suggestion.

Steve

Hi Steve, I've done a bit of a update on the opening post today on my stage analysis thread and the simple quick edit function works fine. But one thing I noticed was that when I clicked the advanced edit button I got an error message. So that might need fixing for the future, unless you only want to allow text updates, and not pictures. There's no rush, as i haven't done the images yet; but I would like to put some marked up example charts in the first post as well at some point. Cheers

Hi Steve, I've done a bit of a update on the opening post today on my stage analysis thread and the simple quick edit function works fine. But one thing I noticed was that when I clicked the advanced edit button I got an error message. So that might need fixing for the future, unless you only want to allow text updates, and not pictures. There's no rush, as i haven't done the images yet; but I would like to put some marked up example charts in the first post as well at some point. Cheers

OK i'll pass this on and get back to you with an answer.

Thanks for pointing it out.
Steve

OK i'll pass this on and get back to you with an answer.

Thanks for pointing it out.
Steve

Just to let you know I have not forgotten this, it is taking a bit more figuring out than we thought. I know there's no rush but i'll get an answer one way or another.

Steve

15 post minimum before PM's allowed

I'm getting increasing requests to deal with this especially as the number of people posting nonsense just so they can PM is on the increase. Why they should want to just post a PM rather than making a contribution is something that bugs me and tempts me to just leave the restriction in place.

However, this drivel is annoying for members and wastes too much mod time sorting it out. So, with immediate effect the restriction is lifted. We'll see if this creates a whole set of new problems but i'm hoping it won't!

Hi Steve,
This is the sort of thing that makes other members just give up on reading the threads. Fixing it afterwards is easy and the mods usually do after it gets reported. How to prevent it?? That's the $million question :)

Also, many thanks to all the staff and admin for the new private forum (y)

Attachments

• depressing.JPG
    depressing.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 270