A Master Class in FX Intraday Trading by F & Co

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Live Trade of the US session at 2 50 pm on the GU

GU

2 42pm

We should be able to sell the GU under 4515/20 area
- if it went back up higher then its making a full turn and then look at buying again after small pullbacks

4519 and not scalp sold it yet - not lined up and still looking a scalp buy atm

Forexmospherian;2700928[B said:
]2 mins later now 4528 and still a scalp buy atm - hitting alot of R between 30 and 40 next though - will still see if it lines up to sell[/B]

4524 was the LR crossover and fall

Ideally need under 4493 to stay with sells e
tc

GU

3 30 pm Update

Nice scalp sell on GU

Risk really 5 pips and approx a 50 pipper all in 40 mins

Here's my 1 min chart - maybe tick set up was better etc but still it did what it should have done

Nice(y)

216976d1454686280-master-class-fx-intraday-trading-f-co-gu-5216-scalp-pm.png

Attachments

• GU - 5216 SCALP PM.png
    GU - 5216 SCALP PM.png
    81.7 KB · Views: 1,065
Hi F
Nice going there.

I notice you have a descending trend line on you GU chart. Is that based on the longer LR's?

Regards

Hi F
Nice going there.

I notice you have a descending trend line on you GU chart. Is that based on the longer LR's?

Regards

Hi Fxw

That particular one is just a ray line at a 20% declining angle - i use that as another guide on rallies - ie normally a quick rally can decline over 45 to 70% but once it goes out of a 20% angle - normally its fizzling out etc etc

Main clues for me was off the up trendlines from last rally being breached and then at least 8 other Lrs all being over price etc - and of course still in a bear price structure under 4240/50 area

I had expected to fall under 4510 - based on static R from earlier - but I never just enter at a price - I need to see PA change and stall and quick Lrs start to go over

From 4530 -40 I had a lot of dynamic R areas of 3 longer Lrs - so was thinking - it should stay under there and this last fall from 4500 is also under the Lrs and a new TL

I was maybe looking for maybe 15 -25 pips to get over a 50 pip drop surprised me really

Hope you had a good week and all is going OK

Regards

Peter

Hi F

Thank you for the explanation.
Looking to increase my Ave Winner and win percentage of 65%.

Have a nice weekend too.

Regards

Hi Fxw

That particular one is just a ray line at a 20% declining angle - i use that as another guide on rallies - ie normally a quick rally can decline over 45 to 70% but once it goes out of a 20% angle - normally its fizzling out etc etc

Main clues for me was off the up trendlines from last rally being breached and then at least 8 other Lrs all being over price etc - and of course still in a bear price structure under 4240/50 area

I had expected to fall under 4510 - based on static R from earlier - but I never just enter at a price - I need to see PA change and stall and quick Lrs start to go over

From 4530 -40 I had a lot of dynamic R areas of 3 longer Lrs - so was thinking - it should stay under there and this last fall from 4500 is also under the Lrs and a new TL

I was maybe looking for maybe 15 -25 pips to get over a 50 pip drop surprised me really

Hope you had a good week and all is going OK

Regards

Peter

hey all ..never got back anymore to play ..........shame ........

since 2pm I see the CAD has been the banger selloff..........only AUD has got near it ..........

plenty of decent bull action on USD , GBP , Euro , Swissie ...even the Yen at times

for me the Ucad buy though was where I would have been ....110 pips net and bags of opportunities to multiply that move with multiple scalps ...heaven

have a good weekend amigos
N

Attachments

• ucad on fire.JPG
    ucad on fire.JPG
    132.1 KB · Views: 122
pro stuff as always boss.......(y)

Morning N

Thanks for the compliment - as you know - sometimes it all goes to plan and other times you have to adjust and take what you can etc.

On this particular GU sell - I had originally though I should sell 4610 -15 area

Many traders might have said OK sell at 4115 - stick in a 30 or 50 pip stop and go for it.

Thankfully - I am not one of those traders - I want my stop and risk as low as possible to get a better RR.

Also I am so aware of the difference in bias - some pairs just a 5 or 10 pip difference can have price either moving up 30 -50 pip - or falling 30 -50 pips - yes it can be so close on a session bias.

I also knew I should only carry on with buys if we made over 4630 and 40.

Now the LP's or market makers - could have even tried and taken it up to say 36 and then reversed it - but they must have been kind and so stopped it at 28 and by 4624 it was saying its finished for now time to sell

So - if I had a jumped in at 4615 - I would have needed a 15 or 20 pip stop - still that would have made me a RR of over 2- so still a good trade.

But by having patience and a great scalping set up - I ended up only risking 5 pips and even then I might have pulled if it went evenb 3 pips against me

As it was it went under 4624 to 4609 area within 3 mins - so soft stop immediately to 4622 ish so I could not lose. It then stalls for 4 mins never bouncing over 4615 - and then the fall started .

A perfect set up for my method and type of trading - an easy scalp and then a nice move down for over 20 mins

In fact I think it was a SSS - a great "Sweet Spot Scalp" but instead of happening at 4615 - it happened at 4624 ish - that 9 pip carry on up was a buy for me still but only on 30% stakes - a great win win situation ;-)

Hope you have a great week N and enjoy your weekend - Spurs are certainly on a roll ;-))

Regards

F

Last edited:
Morning N

Thanks for the compliment - as you know - sometimes it all goes to plan and other times you have to adjust and take what you can etc.

On this particular GU sell - I had originally though I should sell 4610 -15 area

Many traders might have said OK sell at 4115 - stick in a 30 or 50 pip stop and go for it.

Thankfully - I am not one of those traders - I want my stop and risk as low as possible to get a better RR.

Also I am so aware of the difference in bias - some pairs just a 5 or 10 pip difference can have price either moving up 30 -50 pip - or falling 30 -50 pips - yes it can be so close on a session bias.

I also knew I should only carry on with buys if we made over 4630 and 40.

Now the LP's or market makers - could have even tried and taken it up to say 36 and then reversed it - but they must have been kind and so stopped it at 28 and by 4624 it was saying its finished for now time to sell

So - if I had a jumped in at 4615 - I would have needed a 15 or 20 pip stop - still that would have made me a RR of over 2- so still a good trade.

But by having patience and a great scalping set up - I ended up only risking 5 pips and even then I might have pulled if it went evenb 3 pips against me

As it was it went under 4624 to 4609 area within 3 mins - so soft stop immediately to 4622 ish so I could not lose. It then stalls for 4 mins never bouncing over 4615 - and then the fall started .

A perfect set up for my method and type of trading - an easy scalp and then a nice move down for over 20 mins

In fact I think it was a SSS - a great "Sweet Spot Scalp" but instead of happening at 4615 - it happened at 4624 ish - that 9 pip carry on up was a buy for me still but only on 30% stakes - a great win win situation ;-)

Hope you have a great week N and enjoy your weekend - Spurs are certainly on a roll ;-))

Regards

F

Yes it is , "pro stuff" , awesome thread. I have a question regarding this sell. There was a pullback after 14:30 , second one in less than 1 hour at big figure , 1500 zone. / magenta /
F , why didn't you consider this for a short trade at all?
Marked my first screenshot. Mid range Lr s going up but we're right at a natural resistance level plus under longest Lr s , trend line break.
On t13 chart , second attachment , setup is not particularly inviting , double bottom and it takes off.
Have a great weekend , / whats left of it/

Attachments

• 0206.png
    0206.png
    81.1 KB · Views: 153
  • 207.png
    207.png
    77.5 KB · Views: 141
Yes it is , "pro stuff" , awesome thread. I have a question regarding this sell. There was a pullback after 14:30 , second one in less than 1 hour at big figure , 1500 zone. / magenta /
F , why didn't you consider this for a short trade at all?
Marked my first screenshot. Mid range Lr s going up but we're right at a natural resistance level plus under longest Lr s , trend line break.
On t13 chart , second attachment , setup is not particularly inviting , double bottom and it takes off.
Have a great weekend , / whats left of it/

Hi tdezo

Thanks for the compliments etc and I hope you find a lot of the info interesting

I am going to post 2 tick charts ( t13's) from 1 30 pm after NFP and then after 2 50 / 3 00 pm and that sell

Cannot get it all on one tick chart unfortunately

The rise between 2 30 pm and 2 50 pm did stall but because I was well in profit i did not want to scalp sell until at least we tested over 4510 - as long as the move up stayed over 4490 - i was still in profit on the buy from after 2 25 / 230 pm

I was maybe keener to sell again than keep buying - dues to Bearish PS off 1 min at the time - but felt the ideal place to sell was around 4515- not expecting to test 4528 ish

Hope this helps - sometimes you get a feel and it works - otherwise if we stalled at say 4505 and made under 4490 I would have been selling earlier

The drop in the end made support area of 4450-60 before another try up later on well after the London close

217094d1454871355-master-class-fx-intraday-trading-f-co-gu-tick-chart-nfp-5216-part-1.png

Second part and turn up before my 2 49/ 50 pm sell mentioned on the thread

217096d1454871355-master-class-fx-intraday-trading-f-co-gu-tick-chart-nfp-5216-part-2.png

Attachments

• GU - Tick chart NFP 5216  PART 1.png
    GU - Tick chart NFP 5216 PART 1.png
    82.9 KB · Views: 631
  • GU - Tick chart NFP 5216 Part 2.png
    GU - Tick chart NFP 5216 Part 2.png
    106.4 KB · Views: 623
Monday 8th February 2016 - Pre Opens

Good Morning Guys

Another new week and we start to today with a fairly light Monday with regards to news releases

Caught a few pips from a GU sell that started from 5 51pm and carried on to approx 6 12 am before the first bounce and if we stay under 4513 we should fall again.

Most pairs look fairly flat atm although they can be still in a price structure for the Opens that favours bears or bulls. For instance the Ej is bullish atm - whereas both EA and EU favour slightly bearish pre Opens

Ok - around a few hrs this morning - although still out in the London Open hour

All input and contributions on FX welcome and I hope you all have a good day and great week

Good Trading

Regards

F

EJ

6 36 am

As already mentioned in a bullish PS for the Opens atm and the real test is from 131 85 to 131 00 area

Supports at 65 to 66 and the last scalp buy started at 6 05 am with 6 20/21 am giving me confidence it would try higher from 71 /72

Morning...:)
You started on right time with EJ.
EU , GI in tight range. Will start effecting from LO i guess.

On EJ it was bullish..but i had sell trade from 85 at the resistance. But that moved only 2 pips in favor.
So closed at 2 pips loss & bought position, Targeting 130.95.

EU

6 50 / 51 am from 1139 was a scalp buy

Its too slow for me and at a delicate point as if we make over 1150 and 60 we are in bull land and more scalp buys - BUT under 11 33 and 30 - its a bear PS still

On EJ it was bullish..but i had sell trade from 85 at the resistance. But that moved only 2 pips in favor.
So closed at 2 pips loss & bought position, Targeting 130.95.

What a joke...loss -5 pips on buy trade. Back during LO.

morning all ........

London session :-

selling ...............GBP , Yen

Buying .........Euro , CAD , NZD

usd is tradable both ways so far .........net bull London

last few mins the gbp is retracing north ...........not sure yet to chase it ..may take unevitable resells soon

N

Morning...:)
You started on right time with EJ.
EU , GI in tight range. Will start effecting from LO i guess.

Morning Sun

Hope you have a good weekend and you are refreshed for the week

Plan today for me - around to about 7 40 am and then back after 8 45 am and around for a couple of hrs before Lunch

GU is a sell on bounces staying under 4514 - but 4500 is also supports atm

Take it easy - be careful with your multi entries - because if you get a scalp wrong instead of just losing 3pips - you might lose 5 or 7 pips etc - just step by step atm

Have a good session

Regards

Peter

Good Morning Guys

Another new week and we start to today with a fairly light Monday with regards to news releases

Caught a few pips from a GU sell that started from 5 51pm and carried on to approx 6 12 am before the first bounce and if we stay under 4513 we should fall again.

Most pairs look fairly flat atm although they can be still in a price structure for the Opens that favours bears or bulls. For instance the Ej is bullish atm - whereas both EA and EU favour slightly bearish pre Opens

Ok - around a few hrs this morning - although still out in the London Open hour

All input and contributions on FX welcome and I hope you all have a good day and great week

Good Trading

Regards

F

agree .....not much around so far .........plenty of consolidatiom at moment from 6am moves first hour ..

patirnce

watch GU 4509 .poss selloffs again

Status
Not open for further replies.