a DOW thread for traders of the DOW

^^^What's this got to do with trading the DOW? please stop spamming threads it's very annoying!

I have close trade opened at 10514 at 10568 = profit 54 -34 cost =20 profits

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/indices/222250-dow-thread-traders-dow-2.html#post2895362

The trade was opened several days ago and second Dow trade , called in advance is likely to make 71 points , again called before the event.

I am showing people "how I trade " , if you have issues post them here.

Ahhh that's better...

Attachments

• idiot.png
    idiot.png
    5.9 KB · Views: 216
Ahhh that's better...

NP

I am the only one who has called any trades on this thread in advance.Good luck with your after the trade calls ,in other parts of the forum.:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Another on the ignore list.

I have close trade opened at 10514 at 10568

Attachments

• dow.jpg
    dow.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 272
Last edited:
yesterday I saw a low of 20392 and said a long play was coming in, I had support at 20411 which didnt but I got the trend right.

Could of got in lower at 20375 but would of had to hold overnight which I have never done.

today saw a long rally up , at 6pm it was 20621

my problem, entry. I didnt see any entry,must research this market as could have made good profit on this.

Tmrw I want to see if a long at 20548 price area works.

Do I get in on price alone or wait for confirmation of long at that price area

Attachments

• Wall street support.png
    Wall street support.png
    85.5 KB · Views: 238
  • wall street entry 1hr chart.png
    wall street entry 1hr chart.png
    111.9 KB · Views: 259
yesterday I saw a low of 20392 and said a long play was coming in, I had support at 20411 which didnt but I got the trend right.

Could of got in lower at 20375 but would of had to hold overnight which I have never done.

today saw a long rally up , at 6pm it was 20621

my problem, entry. I didnt see any entry,must research this market as could have made good profit on this.

Tmrw I want to see if a long at 20548 price area works.

Do I get in on price alone or wait for confirmation of long at that price area

I have been trying to tell you , market timing does not work ,that is why you could not find an entry .You had a good entry at 520.

Now wait 20548 or 20520 and a bounce off thos levels

I have been trying to tell you , market timing does not work ,that is why you could not find an entry .You had a good entry at 520.

I don't think I am intentionally trying to time the market.

I am not trying to predict the movement(if thats what you mean by time the market), I try and identify the overall trend, look for SUP or RES then trade off those levels when there is an entry. I try and go with the trend, unless its sideways market in which case I buy dips, sell tops.

Before I used indicators and 5 min chart for my entry, now I am researching to see if it is better to use 'price action' (thin wicks on candle bars) at the sup and res levels.

I have been temtped to go in price a lone at certain key sup and res levels but never done that yet.

I'll watch as you said fora bounce off 20548 or 20520 and see if I can enter, if I can I will report back and see if I have sussed it out.

i would not trade like this , i just wait like a pro

I understand, just a little curious where other traders get in (and out). that's all.

i trade my own ideas exclusively although never know where there might be an insight to help your own strategy.

i like your input here.

Whats situation HERE long or short the DOW??

Here is the "apparent" situation - the circled area is a move up in holiday season, take a look at the upside volume - nothing there, so this price was driven up with ease by those that "can". We then sell down from a higher price to bring in shorts the next 2 days and also probe the daily low - stops for these guys will be back above the range (20700 on the chart). By this time a big double bottom is in play and joe public jumps back in long again and the powers that be say "Thank you very much". We then run out of buyers, and fall over to correct over the next few months.

That's whats going on - the timing is up to you!

But the 550 mentioned wont be far off, but always let price action confirm the halt - no need to be a hero with so many pts on offer!

Attachments

• Dow.jpg
    Dow.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 288
I don't think I am intentionally trying to time the market.

I am not trying to predict the movement(if thats what you mean by time the market), I try and identify the overall trend, look for SUP or RES then trade off those levels when there is an entry. I try and go with the trend, unless its sideways market in which case I buy dips, sell tops.

Before I used indicators and 5 min chart for my entry, now I am researching to see if it is better to use 'price action' (thin wicks on candle bars) at the sup and res levels.

I have been temtped to go in price a lone at certain key sup and res levels but never done that yet.

I'll watch as you said fora bounce off 20548 or 20520 and see if I can enter, if I can I will report back and see if I have sussed it out.

Hi Tablemountain, I dont normally post lives trades, but did one here, with live a -head of time commentary

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/indices/120172-anyone-scalping-ftse-futures-9952.html

Maybe it will help.

BTW we dont get paid for being the hero - wait and pounce, and add in onto winners when you are right. When you are wrong make sure you are trading your smallest allocation. Other than that, this is not rocket science, its about control of self, and personal application.

G/L

there :)

Attachments

• 529.jpg
    529.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 292
  • forum fakes.jpg
    forum fakes.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 260
I have close trade opened at 10514 at 10568 = profit 54 -34 cost =20 profits

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/indices/222250-dow-thread-traders-dow-2.html#post2895362

The trade was opened several days ago and second Dow trade , called in advance is likely to make 71 points , again called before the event.

I am showing people "how I trade " , if you have issues post them here.

I hope to keep 71 ticks profit if it expires above 10500:LOL::LOL:

:smart::smart::smart::smart:Total profits on 2 trades called in advance 71 + 20 =91 ticks :smart:

Until then Lulz and enjoy " amateur claims of after event profits without actual trades not being put on " .:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

:smart::smart::smart::smart:Total profits on 2 trades called in advance 71 + 20 =91 ticks :smart:

Until then Lulz and enjoy " amateur claims of after event profits without actual trades not being put on " .:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

91 ticks on what size?

i ask because in my experience the larger the size the smaller margin allowed for error and tighter the stop.

love to see the trade, your stop and filled on those two.

i can 91 ticks and then some out of each & every day on (1) contract. ;)

that ain't that hard?

91 ticks on what size?

i ask because in my experience the larger the size the smaller margin allowed for error and tighter the stop.

love to see the trade, your stop and filled on those two.

What is wrong with you ?You had these trades called in advance ................days in advance .....you had same chance to put on those same trades by copying them.You did not.Check the thread history.:LOL::LOL: