Cable 2010

limit short at 187 min stop

went pear shaped (came 0.2 pip to the stop) - may close it at b/e or a small profit/loss

out b/e

PS difficult to know which way to go - short time trend down, but there is a trend line (I drew earlier) at round 160 and S1 157

Last edited:
I missed that nice long opportunity - too late now. Don't feel like catching tops.
Tomorrow's Friday - Poet's day.

PS As I managed to make more than 10% on my account for the last 3 days, I'll give it a miss tomorrow. One of my rules - more than 10% in a week, I take a break - similarly more than 5% loss good time to take a break.

Last edited:
Hi bedsit.
No, still in.
It was meant to be a swing trade so will let it run, I am not very good at picking tops, or bottoms.

So far I haven't found any set ups today. Not very good pa for my style of trading.
I'll see how it goes after NY open.

IMO cable's a bit nervous at the moment:eek: - doesn't know where to go, but when it does may go nicely.

Last edited:
nervous is the word. Bought off the 400 line and got stopped out. Going to have to take a break over the next 2 weeks so i can finish up my dissertation :(

nervous is the word. Bought off the 400 line and got stopped out. Going to have to take a break over the next 2 weeks so i can finish up my dissertation :(

If it continues like today, it may be a good thing (not to trade)

Good luck with the dissertation.

Yet again - similar to yesterday. No set ups for me at the moment.
Favour long - 409 looks like a top of sort of flag formation) If that's the case would expect it to go to near R1(455)

While I was writing this, price went down and it spoiled it a bit.
Could be a warning to stay out of the market today as well.

May go for a long if it goes above 410

Long 408 stop 388

1/2 out at 428 - another half - free ride

if it doesn't hit the stop, would expect it to go to 455 at least

1/4 out at 432 - no harm in taking some profit instead of b/e

moved stop to 408

stop to 428

stop to 438

stopped at 438

Last edited:
waiting for another long (if it breaks above 450)

May wait for some time by the look of it

PS Change of trend - short term trend is down, so may look for a short opportunity

No time to post - short at 394

that was quick - complete out at 374 (too early exit, should have exited only 1/2)

Last edited:
Can't find any good trades - up and down moves at the moment are too short for me to trade.

Seems to me still holding onto the uptrend......

IMO may go further up if it can stay above 450

Is it going to take off like a missile (above 450) or fall like a stone?

Last edited:
No trades so far - may look for set ups after 14:00
At 13:30 US retail sales and cpi. Later today Bernanke speaks to Congress

I'll go for a 12:00 - 14:15 range break out with a small stop. Can't think of anything better.

out at 480 +20

may have been an early exit but 485 (high from 12/4) looked like a resistance

Last edited:
short 465, seems to be trending really well today
stop 480 just above trend line
out - 15, fiddlesticks

Last edited: