Live Trades now showing

Status
Not open for further replies.
for the record, my brief foray into 3-min timeframe trading was borderline.

Long at 10,571 ( 2 positions )
1st position out at 10,583 for + 11.
2nd closed at 10,595 for + 23.
Thats 34, divided by 2 lots = 17.

Second trade Short at 10,624, 2 positions. Out for max loss = - 40 / 2 = - 20.

Thats -3 for the day.
Add slippage/costs of 2 pips per opening trade, that - 7.

A lot of nothing for much screen-time.
( Note: the LOD was at R-1, and the HOD was at S-1, +/- 5 pips on daily cash chart )

Hello trendi

On you short trade at 10624 I was going long.if I was in the room i would have said.I made 23 points on that trade.did anyone else go long at this price.

These are my results for yesterday trading on my semi position trades. Next week I be looking for 100 points over 5 days trading

How did frugi get on?

+29
+23

sun

thanks sun,

but, I would have taken the short anyway !! ( we have to take our own trades/reasons, and stick to our guns )
perhaps, could have got out sooner, but I decided to have something to eat !

my preference would have been not to have been shaken out of my original Long from 10,571, and to have looked for an exit/basing activity at R-1.
( thats the trouble with intra-day charts. )

today, I will revert back to pivot bouncing. ( stuff the 9/30 cross-overs ) :)

EDIT: y-days chat-room was made quite enthralling due to the impromptu masterclass by mrmarcus. I hope he re-appears and adds to his comments )

Yes, you are right trendi one need to do they own trade. But what you got to learn is dont go and have lunch and let you trade run. good luck today.

sun

Log available?

Is there, or does anyone keep a log of the chat room conversation? It would be most useful for people like me who can't access the chat room until the early evening, just as everything appears to go quiet!

It would also be useful to look back in slower time and try to determine why trades were taken?

pogle

pogle,

I take notes, but only for my own purposes.
once sun123 starts showing position trades, it may become more useful, as his scalp trades are too fast !!
most people will verify the trades sun and frugi makes, and hopefully, mine as well.

also, please note, I dont see a timestamp alongside our texts.
so, a minute, or an hour could pass between exchanges, and I see no indicator to show passage of time, and thus, identify what time of day the trades took place.

trendie,

If you use mIRC instead of the java client you can have timestamps displayed and get a transcript of the session. I just wondered if anyone did that or not.

pogle

pogle said:
trendie,

If you use mIRC instead of the java client you can have timestamps displayed and get a transcript of the session. I just wondered if anyone did that or not.

pogle

I am logging the sessions, but I've only been in the room today and yesterday. The log from yesterday was corrupted or something when I tried to paste the entire session into sun123s chat window.

mIRC said "Excess Flood" and crashed the program :(

I can send you todays log though. Just PM me.

(P.S The log includes timestamps so this is some quality sh** you're getting here :cool: )

pogle said:
trendie,

pogle

:eek: didnt know that. think I will still login through T2W !!
sorry for misinformation.

Thanks for the info about the IRC client. I've tried participating in the live chats and find it is more than my brain can handle during the hours that I am chart watching, even lurking is a big distraction. With IRC, I could turn it on and minimize it and save the log afterwards, and compare a chart with the timestamped conversation, right?
JO

JumpOff said:
With IRC, I could turn it on and minimize it and save the log afterwards, and compare a chart with the timestamped conversation, right?
JO

Yup, that's what I'm doing...

Good luck in the room today guys.I might pop in the room later.we see.

sun

Time recording

A screen dump via the "PrtScnSysRq" key and paste to a clip board or paint shop should also give you a time code both in the source and the screen clock (which also gets captured.)

um i am now 4 star from 5 star.i wonder who done this lol.althought i dint mind.Have i upset anyone,funny old game

sun.

hi sun
been in the live room,
its all good stuff
so I`ll give you your star
edit seems not to work !!

Thanks for all who came in the room today. Done a few scalps. and had a go at a semi position trade. +40 for the day.

im going to next week trading for 20 to 60 points. I be looking for 100 points and the end of the week or before.

sun

Some of you have been asking how I trade,here is one method I use.Bear in mind it dont work everytime,You will get divergence form the bonds and dow,also the same applies with OIL. That the new signal that everyone should have up.

One of my tools I use bonds & oil for some clues but they don't always work. I look at daily charts. for the next day trading. I come in to a trading day with a plan. The real signal to watch for is when you chart indictors back off of a rally or react upward following a break. How does the stock market respond to a bond rally and reaction does it break hard or show signs of support.Conversley how does the market behave in terms of a bond or oil decline followed by a modest rally. does it stay weak or snap back. those are the clues

If the bonds were to break real fast there is a good chance the Dow will follow, The question is, when the break reverses and the bonds rally a few points, what will the Dow or s&p do then?.If they rally back strong, it means that the not so smart traders were caught short had to pay up on the rally back. The big boys were not following them, in fact they use the opportunity to become aggressive buyers.However,if the Dow or s&p continue to deteriorate while the bonds bounce off their break you can make money by selling, the next time the bonds breaks. but you got to act quickly. no time to study, you see it and enter buy or sell at market. and if you are wrong. if scalping be quick to get out.

sun

sun,

the problem with "you have to act quickly. no time to study" is the lack of advance warning, for teaching purposes.

the longer-term position trades are more likely to help traders develop as traders.

frugis 1-2-3 patterns are easier, as once the 1 and 2 are identified, it is possible to "anticipate" the 3, and thus the entry BEFORE it happens, and thus prepare for it.

yesterday seemed to start off with a bit of a spat with mrmarcus.
I hope this has been resolved, as the chat room seemed to lose its educational value.

I cant get in the Live chat room today. I am getting this message. Any thought on how to resolve this

Java net SocketException,Connection reset
Connection Closed

sun

Status
Not open for further replies.