9/11

It's been 12 years which can be a long time, but not that long. Not a word in the UK news about it and none I have been able to find from US news providers.

A little too soon to forget or am I alone in this?

Maybe the 3,000 or so people that died is dwarfed by the untold 100,000s that have been killed in revenge, millions made refugees in their own homeland, and the trillions spent, so far, as a consequence.

The anniversary has been somewhat muted.

It's been 12 years which can be a long time, but not that long. Not a word in the UK news about it and none I have been able to find from US news providers.

A little too soon to forget or am I alone in this?

I think you'll find that 9/11 is remembered every year in the States and in fact this week, on the anniversary of the event, they have lights pointing to the sky from the site of the World Trade Centre. It is proclaimed a National day of Prayer and Remembrance. I was in Florida on the day it happened and from the effect it had on the nation then I can assure you that it will always be remembered!

The US authorities investigated for Criminal Insider Trading as there was supposedly some excessive trading activities in the days close to the attack and the thoughts were that these were connected. However, this was found not to be true. Nevertheless, in the aftermath of the attack as far as this is concerned was that financial security was increased to ensure that terrorists could not have any effect on the markets. Although 9/11 appears less in the news these days, its legacy will be long lasting with financial security.

And what of the 20,000 killed by the legalised American terrorists (Union Carbide) in Bhopal?
Not forgetting the 10's of 1000's still suffering in Gujarat.
Forgive me but I don't think a big deal should be made of this small disaster, compared to the suffering the U.S war machine has inflicted on the rest of the world.

I will continue to post on this thread to illustrate, the insensitively of the Western world by reminding us of this disaster every year, yet forgetting about suffering the U.S war machine has caused to hundred's of millions the wold over.

When I say" forgive me" its not for some folly I have commited but to have to remind everyone about the evil of the U.S gov and its war machine. Hence you don't need to worry about forgiving me I don't need your forgiveness

I will continue to post on this thread to illustrate, the insensitively of the Western world by reminding us of this disaster every year, yet forgetting about suffering the U.S war machine has caused to hundred's of millions the wold over.

When I say" forgive me" its not for some folly I have commited but to have to remind everyone about the evil of the U.S gov and its war machine. Hence you don't need to worry about forgiving me I don't need your forgiveness

Hundreds of millions, like who? Are you counting Nazis in that as well, is Bin Laden counted or not? Or do you think everyone that was ever killed was just going to the shop for a pint of milk when they were killed and they're all totally innocent.

And what of the 20,000 killed by the legalised American terrorists (Union Carbide) in Bhopal?
Not forgetting the 10's of 1000's still suffering in Gujarat.
Forgive me but I don't think a big deal should be made of this small disaster, compared to the suffering the U.S war machine has inflicted on the rest of the world.

15,000 people are killed every year on the Indian railways, whose fault is that, the CIA, the Jews, Dick Cheney? No, other Indians.

India Rail Track Deaths Amount To 15,000 Each Year

Hundreds of millions, like who? Are you counting Nazis in that as well, is Bin Laden counted or not? Or do you think everyone that was ever killed was just going to the shop for a pint of milk when they were killed and they're all totally innocent.

Lack of attention to detail from the great pboyles was the last thing I expected!

suffering the U.S war machine has caused to hundred's of millions the world over.

No one is innocent -Uk and other countries killed to gain/maintain colonies/subject local populations. History is dotted with mans inhumanity to man. United States slaughtered Indians -note that history is written by victors hence the losing side (Indians etc) is silenced for long periods and history books skewed in favour of the victor. Dreadful though Twin Towers is, remembering will not stop future killing, whether by interfering in Libya or elsewhere- Sudan? Libya is in a mess as is Iraque -but its the people that suffer.
Dwindling resources will cause major powers to jockey for position to benefit from scarce resources thus conflict is inevitable except that smaller countries are not restricted to fighting back in their own backyard - they can, and will, take the fight to the perceived aggressor. One mans' terrorist is another mans freedom fighter and thats a truism whatever your stance. Hence you and I might find Twin Towers a crime against humanity whilst elsewhere another country or countries quietly celebrate the blow against the perceived aggressor. Sadly, whatever viewpoint you or anyone else adopts, many have/will die innocent victims of some other countries/persons aggression. Sure, remember Twin Towers, along with Gulags,genocide, religious persecutions, wars, Stalin, Hitler, African Dictators - History is littered with cruelties inflicted by man upon man. Will a shrinking world and globalisation lead to a less troubled world or continued jockeying for power and resources? I have no idea but continue to hope for a more peaceful and civilised world.

whatever the case here being debated

smile everyone .......this thread and all of us will be on candid camera now

N