ZuluTrade

Well I hope I am proven wrong, about NFA regulation though that's not much comfort, all brokers found to cheat traders are regulated, CMC for example is a proven software manipulator, and it only becomes apparent when you trade big size, as the old adage says 'the greater the faith, the greater the devil' big easy money can tempt anyone to break ethics and steal, regulation is good but crooks are always one step ahead.

can you tell us what your account name is,Id like to have a look. thanks

most interesting,are you prepared to tell us your zulu account name so I could have a proper look.I am seriously thinking about selling signals on zulu,but the spreads put me off,so hard to with 3 pips on euro.Now you say thats all you earn from that amount.Hmmm

LF; you should consider Currensee to sell your signals instead of Zulu trade.

You get better compensation; and the site is more professional. I did open a test account (live acc) with Currensee and followed some systems; to see how things works. I was impressed by the mechanics of the trading copying.

I also did pigyback on the trades; by executing them on IB with 0.5 pip spread on EURUSD. Although there was some latency there; but IB account beat my MT4 account by quite a bit; all from the spread diff.

You get better compensation; and the site is more professional. I did open a test account (live acc) with Currensee and followed some systems; to see how things works. I was impressed by the mechanics of the trading copying.

I also did pigyback on the trades; by executing them on IB with 0.5 pip spread on EURUSD. Although there was some latency there; but IB account beat my MT4 account by quite a bit; all from the spread diff.

I dint like the way curensee rank their traders. Most of them have a 98% hit rate and never close losing positions. Its a total misconception to the followers as most will blow up sooner or later. 0.5 per spread is clearly far superior.would I get the $10 pcm even if they are using microlots? this topic of comparing the copy sites is worth its own thread I feel

Last edited:
I dint like the way curensee rank their traders. Most of them have a 98% hit rate and never close losing positions. Its a total misconception to the followers as most will blow up sooner or later. 0.5 per spread is clearly far superior.would I get the $10 pcm even if they are using microlots? this topic of comparing the copy sites is worth its own thread I feel

agree about the ranking; it is misleading.

There are few problems with their performance stats:
1. equity curves are for closed equity only. Open positions are not included. I downloaded the list of trades for few fellows; and draw the equity curve; and large drawdowns shows up.
2. You cannot see the open positions in the trade history tab
3. I have not figure out how they do the month to month PNL. It does not match my stats
4. The performance stats; are not 100% for live trading period; they do cover some backtesting period too

after following some systems for a couple of months; i saw the horrible stuff; similar to what was discussed in this thread; open positions with large losses exceeding 500 pips; and the winners are only 10 or so pips.

I give up at the end; and stopped my following. to my surprise; some of those systems dissappeared from the leaderboard after few months.

i did notify the currensee team few times about the above; but none taken seriously.

Obviously they have a conflict of interest. they hide the open equity curves; otherwise nobody will follow anyone.

Currensee make their $ from the 2% management fee. The more followers the merrier.

hey hey hey, open your own thread..this is for zulutrade...if I wanted to go and be with currensee I would've done it already.
p.s. we already passed discussing and rejecting this system long time ago...:sleep:

can you tell us what your account name is,Id like to have a look. thanks

it's the same handle as I use here (VERGIS92), I am using an Alpari demo account.

I'm not sure how to continue, but now that I have these followers I became more selective, making even fewer trades while trying to make more pips per trade.

Due to to the risk management and lack of time (I cannot do this full time), I only trade the best trades, where even if wrong for a day or two I know I still have the right side, the problem is it requires massive stop loss orders (300 - 600 pips)
this tends to scare followers.

Number of pips can easily be manipulated at Zulutrade, it's meaningless, you trade 10 sublots instead of 1 lot, you make 10 times more pips, only the total ROI is accurate.

Actual maximum drawdown was around -$4,000 at one early stage , that would have been 20% or more on a real following account of $20,000.

I trade myself the most reliable trades (and over 100pip moves) with real money, using binary betting, it's better than spot forex when you are severely under financed, but smaller 10-30 pip moves can only be traded with spot forex, a 30 pip move on a binary bet hardly makes you break even

Then, there's also a scalping technique, but I have never used it at Zulutrade, there can be problems with the platforms, and it's very time consuming.

it's the same handle as I use here (VERGIS92), I am using an Alpari demo account.

I'm not sure how to continue, but now that I have these followers I became more selective, making even fewer trades while trying to make more pips per trade.

Due to to the risk management and lack of time (I cannot do this full time), I only trade the best trades, where even if wrong for a day or two I know I still have the right side, the problem is it requires massive stop loss orders (300 - 600 pips)
this tends to scare followers.

Number of pips can easily be manipulated at Zulutrade, it's meaningless, you trade 10 sublots instead of 1 lot, you make 10 times more pips, only the total ROI is accurate.

Actual maximum drawdown was around -$4,000 at one early stage , that would have been 20% or more on a real following account of $20,000.

I trade myself the most reliable trades (and over 100pip moves) with real money, using binary betting, it's better than spot forex when you are severely under financed, but smaller 10-30 pip moves can only be traded with spot forex, a 30 pip move on a binary bet hardly makes you break even

Then, there's also a scalping technique, but I have never used it at Zulutrade, there can be problems with the platforms, and it's very time consuming.

I saw your profile, it looks you have some quite good stats (except for 2 high dd in april and march).
I would reccommend to talk to support and ask their opinion on your situation. maybe they can advise you on how to improve the ranking, trades, etc. You still quite young with the system, but what i can say, if you can put a bit more time into trading im sure, followers will jump on you. ;)

Hi Vergis

Thats a good performance,but I would be very scared by the regular drawdowns you have and the win rate of 98%,its like you just leave them in until they win.Im sure you would get more using those methods on currensee. Your pips per trade is superb. In fact all your stats are very good except that win rate of 98%,it immediately scares me.Well done.

Hi Vergis

Thats a good performance,but I would be very scared by the regular drawdowns you have and the win rate of 98%,its like you just leave them in until they win.Im sure you would get more using those methods on currensee. Your pips per trade is superb. In fact all your stats are very good except that win rate of 98%,it immediately scares me.Well done.

The problem is full time attendance, providers with tight stops / lower win% , work on a full time basis, that is something I cannot do, so I will stick to the massive 300-600 pip stops, and selective entries.

Currensee looks better but requires 6 months live account history, I will keep it in mind.

Both Zulutrade and Currensee are serious and strict on payout terms, Zulutrade
will not payout for a losing month (losing month based on $$$ or pips?, not sure), Currensee claim that you make 15% on clients profits, but if you cause them a loss you won't get paid again until you have recovered them all that loss.

so let me get this straight, when I get paid that $0.05 commission at Zulu,
that means the follower has traded $0.05 per pip?

so let me get this straight, when I get paid that $0.05 commission at Zulu,
that means the follower has traded $0.05 per pip?[/QUOTE]

no,as I understand it you will get 0.5 of a pip per trade. if they trade 1 full lot thats about $5 and $0.05 for a micro lot. if they leverage at 400:1 thats a lot:)

Trading good will get your pockets full of money in zulutrade.

I don't think so, Zulutrade commission plan is vastly exaggerated, $40,000 worth of accounts following for 2 weeks, several trades, and all I have made is $3.5

it's disgusting, most of these people generate commission of $0.05 - $0.1 while having access to the trade and copying the trade God knows where else.

Followers are usually very risk averse, most are people like me who once traded on their own and lost, traded again, lost again, they follow several providers at the same time, so in reality that $40,000 follows many providers, not just me.

The same trades over this last 2 weeks, on a $20,000 private account could have generated $2000+ this is what I feel bad about, because I'm willing to take more action than they are, seemingly more risk but not really more risk.

Then I see followers with $25, $150 or $250, trading micro lots, what are they expecting to do with such amounts? boost their income?

In the meantime, I am working as a laborer at construction sites, it's my only real income at the moment, and it will be for many months ahead, I would need at least $7000 of savings to resume my own trading, I am curious about what happens at Zulutrade if you can reach the point of having 300-500 good followers, but again because of the good trades leaking out so cheaply, I would most likely quit after I made some decent amount., or just used the account history to convince a private investor, it may be better that way

Last edited:
Trading good will get your pockets full of money in zulutrade.

Here's my first followers, only the follower with $18,000 from Germany seems to follow at significant size, he probably follows several providers and he must make a decent amount, other providers play it too safe, maybe they are afraid, may be they lost money at Zulutrade before.

My point is that, like this guy with $18K something, because of inflation costs being around 6.5% - 7% a year, (real inflation), if you put that $18,000 in a safe, one year later you will have lost 7% of it, or $1260 of its buying power,
around $105 per month.

This means that this follower must make at last $105 a month, just to maintain the buying power of his capital.

Anyone who thinks they are making 7% a year and see it as gain, they are fooling themselves, you have to exceed that.

This guy here following with $18K and trading somewhat big, he probably makes a meaningful amount, the rest you see on the list are wasting their time at Zulutrade making few pennies here and there

Attachments

• zululist.jpg
    zululist.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 321
Here's my first followers, only the follower with $18,000 from Germany seems to follow at significant size, he probably follows several providers and he must make a decent amount, other providers play it too safe, maybe they are afraid, may be they lost money at Zulutrade before.

My point is that, like this guy with $18K something, because of inflation costs being around 6.5% - 7% a year, (real inflation), if you put that $18,000 in a safe, one year later you will have lost 7% of it, or $1260 of its buying power,
around $105 per month.

This means that this follower must make at last $105 a month, just to maintain the buying power of his capital.

Anyone who thinks they are making 7% a year and see it as gain, they are fooling themselves, you have to exceed that.

This guy here following with $18K and trading somewhat big, he probably makes a meaningful amount, the rest you see on the list are wasting their time at Zulutrade making few pennies here and there

interest rate in Germany is near 0.0% at the moment.

Vergis

I can see why you are disappointed at the moment,but Im sure that the amount risked will increase. I also noted that you trade far less than many providers. Im not suggesting that you change your methods as you have a lovely chart and performance. I would also be very cautious following you because of the reasons I mentioned earlier. anyone with a 98% hit rate and large stops is likely to have a good performance chart but many will be wary of a collapse.If I joined now and one of your trades went to the 500 pip stop loss,where would that leave me? I sincerely wish you the best and keep that performance up and in a few months many more will follow

look at this guy and Im sure he feels worse than you

ZuluTrade - Signal Provider Performance - AUDUSDTrader2012F

interest rate in Germany is near 0.0% at the moment.

it does not matter what government official inflation is or what interest rates are, ACTUAL inflation over the years is around 6.34%.

If you look at reports, stories such as bank robberies, the value of workers wages, house prices etc, it works out to roughly 6.34%, or some figure between 6 and 7%.

$1million in 1970 is equivalent to some $13.2 million today.

What about Gold value, if it was $850 in 1980, cheaper or more expensive than today? $850 in 1980 works out to $6,077 in today's money

Vergis

I can see why you are disappointed at the moment,but Im sure that the amount risked will increase. I also noted that you trade far less than many providers. Im not suggesting that you change your methods as you have a lovely chart and performance. I would also be very cautious following you because of the reasons I mentioned earlier. anyone with a 98% hit rate and large stops is likely to have a good performance chart but many will be wary of a collapse.If I joined now and one of your trades went to the 500 pip stop loss,where would that leave me? I sincerely wish you the best and keep that performance up and in a few months many more will follow

look at this guy and Im sure he feels worse than you

ZuluTrade - Signal Provider Performance - AUDUSDTrader2012F

I totally agree with the above point. A follower will always be afraid to join large stops as his/hers account is so much smaller and 500 pips is quite a lumpsum to loose. you should also consider this - after all you are not trading now only for yourself, but also for us the followers - and the more this is represented in your strategy, the more followers you will get eventually :D