Which is the best CFD broker out there?

CFD Broker and Platform

Hi,

I'm also looking for a good CFD broker and platform..

I've been taking a look at IG markets but the PureDeal platform doesn't impress me.

Can anyone recommend a broker that offers DMA CFDs and a good platform? I need something that is quick, has good charting and allows you to set up dynamic watchlists that scan for movers in price and volume..

Thanks

I'm currently looking for a new spread-betting platform but a while back I was thinking of moving abroad where spread-betting wouldn't be the better option. Therefore I did some research into CFDs as an alternative...eventually I would have gone with City or a slight improvement on them, partymarkets. The advantage being that Party markets had no minimum position, CFDs traded in base currencies, and of course a stable, listed company to back it up! As I'm now looking into them as a possible spreadbetting platform it doesn't look like anyof this has changed...

Hi,

I'm also looking for a good CFD broker and platform..

I've been taking a look at IG markets but the PureDeal platform doesn't impress me.

Can anyone recommend a broker that offers DMA CFDs and a good platform? I need something that is quick, has good charting and allows you to set up dynamic watchlists that scan for movers in price and volume..

Thanks

I tried IG and no problems so far i think they r the best cfd and sb provider unless u want to go to broker like IB .
If u want DMA cfds check l2dealer it belongs to IG and it is DMA with level2 data and u will use l2 software not the puredeal .

Looking at the Partymarkets website, in the small print it states that it is a trading name of City Index. No doubt a joint venture between City and the Party brand?

John B, you're right, PartyMarkets are just white label for CityIndex.
matfx, hope you'll find it useful.

Last edited by a moderator:
For a limited period only Halifax Share Dealing is giving £200 to all new CFD customers. To qualify, customers will have to open an account between 28 September and 20 November and place 10 CFD trades within the first 60 days of their account being opened. For more details and the terms and conditions of the offer please go to www.halifax.co.uk/cfdoffer

For a limited period only Halifax Share Dealing is giving £200 to all new CFD customers. To qualify, customers will have to open an account between 28 September and 20 November and place 10 CFD trades within the first 60 days of their account being opened. For more details and the terms and conditions of the offer please go to www.halifax.co.uk/cfdoffer

(n)

probably the worst CFD platform i've ever seen. please Halifax stick with the share dealing service.

i would recommend IGmarkets.co.uk just go and create a demo account with Halifax and IGmarkets, then decide for ur self.

use this thread as a starting point only(y)

I would check out the demo accounts first. I use winspreads.com because I am used to the platform. Its simple to use and I like the way it shows each position instead of netting.

Previously used igmarkets.com though, but just fancied a change. Not a fan of the halifax though!

Dont use GFT they are just a bunch of scamsters,Bull**** reqoutes everytime once you start making profit,I tried 3 times to get out of a trade and some crap error was coming up until finally they let me out.I disputed this because this isnt the first time it has happend and this was the reply:Dear Sir,

Thank you for your query. We have reviewed the trades in question. You were requoted and passed several times before you accepted order ##########. There was no error with the system here, it has only acted on your instruction.BULL FKN ****,I had another trader in the room at the time he seen it all happen.So now im looking for a new broker one that doesnt scam people of there hard earned.Anyone know of a great broker happy to hear from you.I wont consider CMC either.Cheers...

I wouldnt say this is good advice but I have never used a stop in CFDs as the action can sometimes be too much. just be prepared to REACT when it becomes clear you made the wrong directional decision. You may have as few as 1,2 or 3 opportunities within the short time frame (ie 1-2 min) to get out square and reverse your decision. Then you may just have to accept the interim loss and plan your next move. Steer clear of sideways markets and small channels, they waste your time and capital.

Throw some cash on the line, you only need $500 with CMC from memory and get the hang of the buy sell and instant reverse techniques using 1 Contract on the Market index which is free to trade. You can trade and make mistakes all day long, yet still have plenty of cash to practice with. You blow more money quicker buying fast food and a pack of darts. The real money element and the speed gets your heart pounding more than play money. Hopefully the instant reversal technique will become second nature allowing you to ride the wave of gain vs the wave of pain....
which broker do you use mate? thanks

No one has mentioned Barclays yet. They have the same platform as CityIndex. Does anyone have any experience with them?

Thanks.

Hi all,

Been using City Index for some 4 - 5 yrs now. Was with Finspreads before City Index took them over. Overall average. Had a number of trades closed against me, which when I challenged were restored and also they have been quick to rectify the problem IF YOU SPOT IT. So if you use them always check the charts (5M) against the stops, when they trigger.
I used Deal4Free but find their dealing platform too cumbersome and you have to download it on to your PC, instead of it being Direct access off the web.
Hope this helps.
The Stockman.

Hi all,

For a limited period only Halifax Share Dealing is offering new CFD customers £200 to trade with. To qualify, customers need to open an account between 22 February and 9 April 2010 and place 10 standard CFD trades within 60 days of opening the account. For more details, terms and conditions, please visit http://tiny.cc/lSxvy

I had an unpleasant experience with a CFD company last week. The result was that after 1 day and 1 trade I closed the account.
The "trader" decided to lower my stop loss and I incurred a further 1% loss on the position. The agreed stop loss had been set at 2.5% and was confirmed at the placing of the trade but then he went in lowered it and got stopped out.
Obviously I asked for my money back i.e. the 1% which I had not agreed to i.e. he did not attempt to contact me. Result, his boss said no!
I´m taking the matter up with their directors so I wont give out the name of this company yet.
I would think carefully before you make the same mistake as I did. Their policy was to have 5 different positions open at any one time, at 10000 GBP per trade - to hedge! Funny way of hedging if you ask me! Not only that but as I only wanted 1 position on at any given time, they were none to pleased about this. Who is the customer?
As I explained to the trader, I didn´t want to have 50% of my betting bank exposed - if all the positions had gone against me it could have been more because the stops were not guaranteed.
Secondly, most of the trades recommeded seem to be on news items e.g. earnings due out etc. but I didn´t see any technical analysis at all and when I saw where he entered the trade and how he moved a losing position to extend the losses, I came to 2 conclusions :-
1.There is no technical decision to take the trade - they look at news only.
2. There is no money management - you would need to look after the trade yourself to be sure that a) no one had changed your stop loss without your position b) close the trade yourself if you see that you´re stop is clearly going to be hit and not wait for the inevitable.
Think carefully before you get into CFDs these guys are churning and they just want their commission.
Empty

deart empty 1 , your an idiot ( no offence) but don't tread softly , if it were me who ripped off i'd be naming and shaming them , threatning allosrts , some legal some not , but they'd know about me , I wouldn't be politly waiting to talk with directors, I bet they love you ,as it happens empty , i've got this wonderfull car I'm selling , one carefull owner , trust me ( mug)