Which is the best CFD broker out there?

Thanks for your post Ingot.
It confirmed something that I had suspected about CMC, ie. that I was basically trading against them rather than the market. Admittedly I was trading less liquid securities with them, but while I could always close out unprofitable trades easily, I was increasingly finding that I was being requoted outrageous spreads to close out my profitable trades.
In the end they basically closed me down. Pretty much any trade I tried to put through would be met by a very long delay (over a minute) followed by a requote at an unacceptable price.
Thinking about the logic of it, you'd have to admit that it actually makes pretty good business sense. If the statistic that 95% of daytraders lose money is correct, than being on the other side of your client is going to be very profitable, especially if you can get rid of that 5% that actually make money.
I switched to etrade and have been more than happy with the service.

Hi,

I did some trades using "minicfds"... looks ok for my needs... but the big problem is that the service desk closes at 18:00... so cannot xfr money after 18:00 if required say if a good trade detected on the US
market!

Anybody know any comparable CFD joint? - preferably with better customer service.

Cheers,
karmit

hi mark_b_27
if you dont mind me asking, how many £per point were you trading? also what type of instruments did you get requoted on..?

For those who are from "Down Under" - btw. regards to the other side of the world - why don't you use Marketech? DMA, Zero-Fee and Prop Platform? Sounds fair enough for all who are unhappy with their ususal Aussie CFD Broker.

It depends if you want to download a platform or trade using a webpage (add-in)?

I used to use blue index for cfds but they seem to be a bunch of cowboys down there who filled me with rubbish and did nothing but to lose me money, now got a exe only cfd account with city and also an account with them with an advisory part through galvan who fill me with confidence eveytime the call me with ideas, very transparent and I am starting to win back the money Blue Index lost me

I used to use blue index for cfds but they seem to be a bunch of cowboys down there who filled me with rubbish and did nothing but to lose me money, now got a exe only cfd account with city and also an account with them with an advisory part through galvan who fill me with confidence eveytime the call me with ideas, very transparent and I am starting to win back the money Blue Index lost me

Its not the best shop around (BlueIndex). City, do you mean CityIndex?

also check galvan comments from forum and then trust them.

Yes City Index allthough I tried trades in Drax, British Airways and Anglo myself I never had the time to keep an eye on them on lost on two of them allthough there were profits there
just leave it to galvan at the moment till get more time, still get blue index call me every now and then

Its got to be GNI for me. I've seen a lot of CFD brokers out there, and if you are looking for execution only, then they seem to be the best overall package. Excellent platform, low rates, quick and helpful, their own software and support team (Which can make a huge difference), and your own account handler. gnitouchcfds.com is their new website.

If you are comfortable with your own trade decisions and are supplied with enough market data, research reports, stock information and news headlines, then you are better off going down the order execution route. This way you will retain a far larger amount of your Profit rather then handing it over to a hit or miss advisory service.
Best advice would be to trial a few demo platforms that some CFD providers will offer for free. GNI have a good platform, and the demo is exactly the same.

Good luck !

GNI touch® which is a trading name of MF Global UK Limited.
Its MAN E-midas platform its probably the best crappy java piece of junk out of the lot of them.