Which is the best CFD broker out there?

Don't use Galvan. The have a sales team calling punters who respond to their "free research reports" to hook you up - which perhaps reflects a high churn rate (losing customers who have lost all and close down their accounts). They place trades and stops then forget about you until you log back in and find out you were stopped out - not a personalised service at all. Just profiteering.

Instead I would look at HoodlessBrennan CFD. Research support is exemplary. They believe in fundamentals as well as watching charts and won't trade for the sake of making a quick commission.

Hi I am an dutch cfd trader and this is my first post/ I am using CFDs en online beleggen, spread trading op aandelen,commodities,forex, futures en indexen wereldwijd, they just launched the new G2 platform wich I think its an execellent platform for cfd traders and spread betters. They have also an englisch site were you can open an demo account. Look here Eurospreads- the next way to trade. Spread Betting and CFDs give you access to multiple global markets from a single account - Home

Regards

Looks like everyone here works for one of the above-mentioned firms.

Avoid: Blue Index, pacific, gracechurch, HoodlersBrennan, Dimension, Montague Pittman.

try: GNI, Alecto, IG, Bridge Hall or City Index.

Talk to your broker - some are very good, some are completely useless. You will soon find out for yourself if you know a little about trading.

I have been trading with a company called One Financial (www.onecfd.com) for 6 months now and im happy to say that I am very satisfied. Not only do they offer very competitive spreads with zero commission, but their service is impeccable.

I have heard good things about the CFD desk at Hoodless Brennan. When I spoke to them they seemed to be honest and straightforward and genuinely looking to make profits for clients.

I wouldn't recommend CMC /deal4 free for anything. pole and large touch not......

I use GNI for CFDs

Hi Racer,

I was about to start using CMC, but having read your post I am not sure, is there anything in particular that you had issues with when using them?

Thanks,
Pete

Hello

I am interested in RBS Market Index, particularly if you are working with biger account. Are they facing same problems like Oanda? Thanks.

I have heard good things about the CFD desk at Hoodless Brennan. When I spoke to them they seemed to be honest and straightforward and genuinely looking to make profits for clients.

do you work for them by any chance? cos it's like the 5th post ive seen you write about them and it all says the same thing!

I have been trading with a company called One Financial (www.onecfd.com) for 6 months now and im happy to say that I am very satisfied. Not only do they offer very competitive spreads with zero commission, but their service is impeccable.

I agree with you L2T, I've just started with One Financial and like their simplicity, small spread and their help desk. Be prepared for an excellent platform and good service to boot.

Best
Crate

Possibly a bit late on the reply since its now 2009.

CMC Markets is an excellent resource, works on Veesta 64x and other platforms.

My question is Which CFD provider can you use to extract Real Time prices to your own database for post market processing??

I've been using the IGMarkets Demo account. I've been thrown out of so many profitable trades with the system apparently stopping me out, even though the market never went near the stop, that I have absolutely zero confidence in using their live platform.

I mailed their technical/support people to ask them why this keeps happening. All they come back with is an apology, a statement that this doesn't happen on their live system and if it did, they would reinstate the cash back into the account that they took as margin. Nothing about the fact that profitable trades are killed off.

I'd be interested to find out if anybody else has had similar experiences with IG or whether this is common for them?

CFD Stops

I wouldnt say this is good advice but I have never used a stop in CFDs as the action can sometimes be too much. just be prepared to REACT when it becomes clear you made the wrong directional decision. You may have as few as 1,2 or 3 opportunities within the short time frame (ie 1-2 min) to get out square and reverse your decision. Then you may just have to accept the interim loss and plan your next move. Steer clear of sideways markets and small channels, they waste your time and capital.

Throw some cash on the line, you only need $500 with CMC from memory and get the hang of the buy sell and instant reverse techniques using 1 Contract on the Market index which is free to trade. You can trade and make mistakes all day long, yet still have plenty of cash to practice with. You blow more money quicker buying fast food and a pack of darts. The real money element and the speed gets your heart pounding more than play money. Hopefully the instant reversal technique will become second nature allowing you to ride the wave of gain vs the wave of pain....

I've subsequently discovered that the IG demo system is recording todays low for Rio Tinto at 2247 whereas the live system is 2408. That's why I'm getting thrown out - it's coming up with random prices. How can that be considering they're supposed to be using the same source????

just applied an account in igmarkets first time, they didnt get my email last time and today finally get through. customer representative is kind. so far so good