Which is the best CFD broker out there?

Anyone trading CFD's the Dow (WS30) live with intertrader.com and can tell me how they perform and execute?

you wish to deal with spreadbetting company?

what about this?

"...As with all trades your position will have an automatic stop loss order attached..."

does not it mean"we will hunt for your stops"?

you wish to deal with spreadbetting company?

what about this?

"...As with all trades your position will have an automatic stop loss order attached..."

does not it mean"we will hunt for your stops"?
No, it has nothing do do with taking out stops. Capitalspreads uses this feature as a security measure (at times you might be even glad they did). After 6 years trading with CS I never had an single issue with them hunting for stops.

No, it has nothing do do with taking out stops. Capitalspreads uses this feature as a security measure (at times you might be even glad they did). After 6 years trading with CS I never had an single issue with them hunting for stops.

6 years trading with Capitalspreads.........

why do you need intertrader then?

--------------

brokerage and spreadbetting are two different things

one trades via a broker

but one bets agaist a spreadbetter

(price of market and price offered by counterparty)

when a company provides both

this is not a broker in classical understanding

this is market punter

and the result is clear..........a trader will lose (if not extremly lucky)

and even in this case a trader leaves hefty share of it's gains in the hands of a spreadbetter

6 years trading with Capitalspreads.........

why do you need intertrader then?

--------------

brokerage and spreadbetting are two different things

one trades via a broker

but one bets agaist a spreadbetter

(price of market and price offered by counterparty)

when a company provides both

this is not a broker in classical understanding

this is market punter

and the result is clear..........a trader will lose (if not extremly lucky)

and even in this case a trader leaves hefty share of it's gains in the hands of a spreadbetter
I have been around quite long enough to know the different between trading with a market maker and trading the DMA. Also CFD's is for the most part offered by a market maker (unless the CFD's is listed through the stock exchange). Although, you seem to have some learning to do about what Spread Betting actually is, and how it works. Anyway, why I am interested in intertrader.com is their CFD's MT4 platform, and especially how they perform and execute trading Dow (WS30) indices.

"Take control with Risk & Money Management"
Planning, Risk & Money Management

I have been around quite long enough to know the different between trading with a market maker and trading the DMA. Also CFD's is for the most part offered by a market maker (unless the CFD's is listed through the stock exchange). Although, you seem to have some learning to do about what Spread Betting actually is, and how it works. Anyway, why I am interested in intertrader.com is their CFD's MT4 platform, and especially how they perform and execute trading Dow (WS30) indices.

"Take control with Risk & Money Management"
Planning, Risk & Money Management

you were explained how they operate by pboyles and rstan

who am i to argue?

does it matter "how they perform and execute........."?

any trading is not an easy thing to do just by nature

even this alone is enough to make people think hard

before going into trading

and if a broker is "helpful" so to say

the result can be only one.........

but you still think that leopard can change it's spots.........

--------------------------------------------------------
pboyles

Lose money regularly and they'll never bother you. Start making money and the fun will start.
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/spread-betting/140724-pipedream.html
----------------
rstan
From what I understand of things, the old spread bet business model was to entice novice punters with the prospect of close-to-zero costs of trading, only for those real costs to be hidden by a myriad of techniques and policies that hindered profitable trading

Trading involves real participation costs to the trader - far better IMO that spread bet companies be upfront and transparent about this (as the legislators seem to agree), then everyone knows where they stand. It's naive of punters to think that somehow the spread bet company can absorb those costs in a manner that isn't passed onto the punter in some manner. And the problem with hidden costs is that, since they're non-transparent, they can be passed on with an additional hefty hidden mark up to boot, to the benefit of the spread bet company but at the expense of the punter.

Last edited:
you were explained how they operate by pboyles and rstan

who am i to argue?

does it matter "how they perform and execute........."?

any trading is not an easy thing to do just by nature

even this alone is enough to make people think hard

before going into trading

and if a broker is "helpful" so to say

the result can be only one.........

but you still think that leopard can change it's spots.........

--------------------------------------------------------
pboyles

Lose money regularly and they'll never bother you. Start making money and the fun will start.
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/spread-betting/140724-pipedream.html
----------------
rstan
From what I understand of things, the old spread bet business model was to entice novice punters with the prospect of close-to-zero costs of trading, only for those real costs to be hidden by a myriad of techniques and policies that hindered profitable trading

Trading involves real participation costs to the trader - far better IMO that spread bet companies be upfront and transparent about this (as the legislators seem to agree), then everyone knows where they stand. It's naive of punters to think that somehow the spread bet company can absorb those costs in a manner that isn't passed onto the punter in some manner. And the problem with hidden costs is that, since they're non-transparent, they can be passed on with an additional hefty hidden mark up to boot, to the benefit of the spread bet company but at the expense of the punter.
If you are well aware of the risk involved and apply proper money management you will be fine with most of the SB companies. Sure, if the spread is too narrow one must wonder how they can cope, and be aware that they might try to get it back in some other way by playing games. If there is someone at the other side of the trade they might be fine, but if there is an unbalance in the book and they need to hedge a lot, you might not be treated fairly. This all, have to be incorporated in your risk profile of trading with a specific SB company. But I agree to the fact, that more transparency is needed and the regulators should be more up to doing their job overseeing the SB companies in reference to the MiFID financial directives.

Last edited:
Empty 1,
I was completely taken in by a broker who after many calls as a result of me filling in a request for a free report on the banks persuaded me to CFD trade on leverage and I like a fool trusted them and in less than a year they lost me many thousands of pounds and charged me many thousands in fees and costs, not only that at times they were aggressive and rude and operated with no ethics apart from how to screw me for every penny they could. These brokers operated little better than a boiler room scam however they manage to stay stay within the law and are registered with the FSA.
If I can help you then I wood be delighted to.

CFD Brokers are interested in trading volume, the more you trade the beter it is for them, that goes for all brokers because they earn a commission when you trade. The best case scenario for a broker is that you make money trading because then you trade for longer and pay more commissions over a longer period. The worst case scenario is that you do one trade and lose all of your money because they only earn one commission.

CFD Brokers are interested in trading volume, the more you trade the beter it is for them, that goes for all brokers because they earn a commission when you trade. The best case scenario for a broker is that you make money trading because then you trade for longer and pay more commissions over a longer period. The worst case scenario is that you do one trade and lose all of your money because they only earn one commission.

That is only the case when the broker isn't betting against you... ;)

There is no 'best' broker. Just some very good brokers and some not so good brokers. As far as CFDs go a good broker would be a well regulated one that offers Direct Market Access, has a huge range of CFDs and relatively low commissions. Try this: Best CFD Broker
Yes I have them on my soon to come broker live trading list. They seem to provide very good service, yet to be seen though, trading live with them. A huge drawback, no user predefined stop loss in points or trailing stop loss, at least on the DF Web Trader. Are you trading live with them?

it all depends what you want from a broker.

if you want to be able take advice etc then you will generally be talking to execution brokers who can probably seem a bit pushy if you are talking to them. After all they are spending time (money) in conversation with you and so they are looking for an order to make it worth their while.

if you want DMA then you will generally have to pay a little extra for this functionality and will have a more limited market access (as real price feeds cost a lot of money) and will normally have lower gearing available. Some clients like this functionality because they feel that there is nothing between them and the market and therefore their broker is in the same camp as them.

others prefer the Market Maker offering (like Capital cfds) as this is generally cheaper and more flexible. BUT it is hard to get away from the fact that you are effectively trading against your broker. If you lose he wins... and vice verse... it should not really make any difference at all but it does seem to have psychological effect on some.

Horses for courses. In the long run no route will really make that much difference over any other unless your broker really is just getting you to trade for the sake of it. (in which case you would probably have grounds for complaint to the regulator).

Simon

I can only speak from experience - I gave IG Markets a pot of money to invest, - only had one or two trades going at a time smallest deals - within 2 months, I lost 70% of my pot. That was in April and May of this year. They made all the bad choices as to who they made a deal with.

I had enough - I came our way down. The issue is they get their commission on both making the deal and closing the deal - They always win - I think it's a mugs game to do CFD - but just my own experience.

mrsub

errr .. forgive me here but IG (for all their faults) do not 'invest' for clients. they just provide a platform for people to trade on.

I assume that you had an investment manager who used IG as the platform on which to trade.

no matter who you trade with you must pay commission of some kind.. either in actual comms or "in the spread". Nothing is free.

sry if i have the wrong info here

"Instant" - you are correct - should have checked my email history in more detail;

I had a "Galvan Advisory CFD account" with IG Markets.

I lost the investment and the fees at both sides of the deal, which you think are relatively small, but they all eat into your pot. The percentage fee is not based on the actual value you placed, but the leveraged amount ( of course).

Strokey Tone;

Thanks for the advice -
I think I've have had enough bad experience with this type of trading now to stay well clear of now. But I'm sure your words of praise for Saxo, will be viewed by other potential punters. ( So I wish then good luck).

Like you mentioned, I also did get the feeling that they were more interested in getting as many deals placed. But on the positive side, I did not find Galvan rude.

Thanks once again

I can only speak from experience - I gave IG Markets a pot of money to invest, - only had one or two trades going at a time smallest deals - within 2 months, I lost 70% of my pot. That was in April and May of this year. They made all the bad choices as to who they made a deal with.

I had enough - I came our way down. The issue is they get their commission on both making the deal and closing the deal - They always win - I think it's a mugs game to do CFD - but just my own experience.

Are you saying IG decided what to invest your money in, I dont think they are allowed to do that?

. . . and also an account with them with an advisory part through galvan who fill me with confidence eveytime the call me with ideas, very transparent and I am starting to win back the money Blue Index lost me
What???
You must be a Galvan employee, right?

I would not use the word confidence and Galvan in the same sentence.
They recently started me (arm-wrenched more like) on an advisory CFD account and I somewhat naively fell for the scam, as they then proceeded to clean me out.

Their "advice" was excellent - for them, and diabolical for me. I would have been better had I taken their advice, and done the exact opposite.

Personally, I wouldn't even trust Galvan to advise me how to catch a No 49 bus.

CAVEAT EMPTOR!!!
You have been warned.