Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like you i am long the DOW, but from 9620, SL 9595. Good luck.
Still long, trailing my SL up, currently at 9650. I just feel that this recovery has more to go. I cant help feeling that the sell off was overdone, given other figures out today, especially GDP. Fundamentally I think this market will fall in October, but in the short term buyers are stll in control, especially as we are turning the end of the 3rd quarter today, and buyers will want to come in at the beginning of October. Then what do i know!
Well done WS on your profits today.

Still long, trailing my SL up, currently at 9650. I just feel that this recovery has more to go. I cant help feeling that the sell off was overdone, given other figures out today, especially GDP. Fundamentally I think this market will fall in October, but in the short term buyers are stll in control, especially as we are turning the end of the 3rd quarter today, and buyers will want to come in at the beginning of October. Then what do i know!
Well done WS on your profits today.
So im up 130 points, what do i do now????? Ive never been up this much before on 1 trade???? Any thoughts from the experts here, WS?

Hope everyone caught some points, - sorry been away for awhile contributing to other things...
An amazing day for me 2 WS - Managed to get about 400 points in total today for about an hours work.. Im gona call it a day and just ponder over other things and do some analysis for tmrw...

So im up 130 points, what do i do now????? Ive never been up this much before on 1 trade???? Any thoughts from the experts here, WS?
I would tighten my stop and let price take it from there... and if it does hit stop then you can probably get in again on the retrace, but need to see how far the retrace actually goes..

Hope everyone caught some points, - sorry been away for awhile contributing to other things...
An amazing day for me 2 WS - Managed to get about 400 points in total today for about an hours work.. Im gona call it a day and just ponder over other things and do some analysis for tmrw...

Si, nice to see you pop in - 400 points for an hours work.... Nice :clap:

I would tighten my stop and let price take it from there... and if it does hit stop then you can probably get in again on the retrace, but need to see how far the retrace actually goes..
Thanks for the advice, I think I followed your advice as you can see from my previous message. i think I will leave it now, and go out for a meal to celebrate.

congratulations and well done Pentlow & SI55AMG

Always happy to see the chaps on this thread make money, it will help and encourage everyone else to make money too

The Markets Rebound Slightly As The Dollar Drops Hard And Oil Spikes Higher
By InTheMoneyStocks.com on September 30th, 2009 12:07pm Eastern Time

As if from the hand of God....or the PPT (plunge protection team), the markets bounce hard off the lows as the dollar seemed almost manipulated and pushed lower to keep the markets propped up. The markets had fallen extremely hard on the back of the PMI number. This number was extremely bearish and caused the the DOW to drop from being +30 to -125. Then, out of the blue, like a savior unto the markets, the dollar started to get pushed lower and the markets rebounded. Truly amazing to watch. Chief Market Strategists alerted their premium subscribers today that they took the FAZ that they alerted as a buy yesterday at $19.75 off the table at $20.10. This was a solid $1.35 profit adding to recent gains! Learn price, pattern and time.

that was a 100% retracement on S&P .....phwoah ....... talk about manipulation!!

I got out on FTSE at 5130 on the long side ..........38.2% retrace from high

but 100% retrace...thats some achievement

why would you sell in the 1st place, just to buy it back.........strange!!

Thanks for the advice, I think I followed your advice as you can see from my previous message. i think I will leave it now, and go out for a meal to celebrate.
:) nice... yea me gona relax now too.. feel abit guilty makin that amount with little effort, but then again tmrw is a different day..

:) nice... yea me gona relax now too.. feel abit guilty makin that amount with little effort, but then again tmrw is a different day..

Don't say the 'G' word.

The priest class have built a system of control through religion on it.

Thousands live and die a thousand deaths every day under it.

Today you were offered an opportunity, you had the commitment and skill to take it.

If it had gone the other way and you were out of pocket you wouldn't feel guilty I'm sure. So why feel guilty since it didn't?

Rejoice. And do some rejoicing on the behalf of people like me missed it all :p

Don't say the 'G' word.

Today you were offered an opportunity, you had the commitment and skill to take it.

If it had gone the other way and you were out of pocket you wouldn't feel guilty I'm sure. So why feel guilty since it didn't?

Thanks Mr Lapster,,, explained perfectly..

Rejoicing for everyone who missed out today :) !!! Hope u all catch a massive move this week !!

Don't say the 'G' word.

I'm convinced you are married to Beatrix Potter

Status
Not open for further replies.