Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be interesting to see if the US stays at these levels or drops further.

Not particularly scientific I know but often the market either totally or partially reverses during the US lunch time and then resumes it's morning direction during the arvo. Last half hour is key as only the big boys get to play so often exaggerated moves in the last half hour. The video YouTube thingy WS posted at the weekend was talking about a couple of days last week where this was as clear as a see through clear thing....last Thurs and Fri I think.

I shorted EUR/USD at 14400 based on it touching a trend line spanning across the 8th and 23 July lows on the hourly. 20SL

:)

Nice long on £y, long term channel line from low on 29th July held, great Hidden Divergence on MACD with todays low (also on trend line) could have been quick 30 points if i wasn't being so disciplined :(

USO bouncing from the early sell off
uso%208_5_09.bmp

I've learnt a valuable lesson today. If you are operating on a rolling contract with IG then be weary of opening a position with IG close to 4:30. I've had to pay the spread twice with my position just about moving into profit now. Without the second spread being applied I'd be up by more than the 8 pips currently.

CAD/JPY bias change confirmed now. 2m looking good for entry maybe?

I'm not trading this week, but couldn't resisit a little look at the charts... addicted, moi?! :)

Wed afternoon, sun's out, so I'm taking the afternoon off as usual.

Trading £Y , scratched a trade last night for +10 (nowt much happening last night) , market a little noisy @ the open this morning so didn't get a trade on (rest of week been good though)

Yep £Y going great guns (prob put a curse on it, now I've said that ;) ) £Y and FTSE been tracking together pretty closely over the last few days.

Yours been doing ok ? saw your last post re your latest results, sounding good mate (y)

no trading this week, as I have loads of work to do :(

the first sight of consistency appeared last week (it's a miracle), now I just have let the positions run, and I should be fine.

I think I've got Lapster hooked on the PN method now btw - I'll collect my commision fom PN later :)

16.57 Wednesday 5 aug.

FTSE looks bearish for Thursday 6th Aug, it should be shorted if it trades at 4645 during the cash session.

Last edited:
CAD/JPY bias change confirmed now. 2m looking good for entry maybe?

I'm not trading this week, but couldn't resisit a little look at the charts... addicted, moi?! :)

I see the confirmation @ 8816, but the most recent 3H candle has pierced confirmation but not yet closed below.

Either way, wouldn't I now wait for a swing low past that confirmation level in order to apply a fib retracement back to revious high (5 LH)

EURCAD no longer confirmed. You can plan and plan and have the set up come to nothing...

Some moral to the story about patience, virtue, good things, those who wait...

I've learnt a valuable lesson today. If you are operating on a rolling contract with IG then be weary of opening a position with IG close to 4:30. I've had to pay the spread twice with my position just about moving into profit now. Without the second spread being applied I'd be up by more than the 8 pips currently.

I thought the rolled later in the day? I know any open positions are in fact closed and re opened at the same level so you will get stung on the spread.

Someone asked this morning about the PN method. Did I miss the reply....apologies if I did but could some kind soul please re-post the link.
Ta-muchly

I see the confirmation @ 8816, but the most recent 3H candle has pierced confirmation but not yet closed below.

Either way, wouldn't I now wait for a swing low past that confirmation level in order to apply a fib retracement back to revious high (5 LH)

EURCAD no longer confirmed. You can plan and plan and have the set up come to nothing...

Some moral to the story about patience, virtue, good things, those who wait...

I don't think we need to wait for a close below 4 - not 100% sure about that though. I did initially look for a fib measure from 5 to the new swing low, but now I favour measuring from yesterdays highs, to the new low. It's a bit of judgement call as to which swings to measure sometimes, though yesterdays high seems logical for now. That could be tosh though :)

I don't think you need to wait for a new swing low past the confirmation level from memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.