Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Standard practice, kaisen. Had you been long they would have added 22.06 to your account.

good trading

jon

Quick response, Jon. Thanks! To be honest, I didn't know that! So I have learned something to-day, already! Sometimes it's later and I'm the poorer. :)

Quick response, Jon. Thanks! To be honest, I didn't know that! So I have learned something to-day, already! Sometimes it's later and I'm the poorer. :)

Yes thanks Jon.

I learned as well Split and this time the lesson is on me!

This is why the thread is s useful.

We can all share pos and neg experiences.

Good day to all.
:)

Heres a bit more:

"Shares on the FTSE go ex-div on the open every Wednesday morning and generally, the value of the shares in question will go down. This has a direct affect on the FTSE which tends to fall to reflect the drop in prices as the individual shares equates to a weighting in the FTSE 100 Index. Although most shares go ex-div on Tuesday evening there will be individual situations when companies may make payments (whether dividend, return of capital etc) on days other than this. In these cases the relevant charge will be made on the day on which it takes effect."

...and here's the link to FTSE explaining the calculation on the index http://www.ftse.com/Indices/UK_Indices/Downloads/FTSE_100_Dividend_Index_Methodology.pdf

I think SBs usually make the cash adjustment at the time when they roll over the bet, but you need to check incdividual company terms and conditions.

good trading

jon

Direction?

Hopefully this is a nice bear flag forming.

Shanghai down over 2% - anyone else feel some big move down (at some point) is on the cards?

Cant believe we keep getting bad news and the market goes up.

Hey we lost mega billions but it was less than people thought we would lose! Hurray!

Heres a bit more:

"Shares on the FTSE go ex-div on the open every Wednesday morning and generally, the value of the shares in question will go down. This has a direct affect on the FTSE which tends to fall to reflect the drop in prices as the individual shares equates to a weighting in the FTSE 100 Index. Although most shares go ex-div on Tuesday evening there will be individual situations when companies may make payments (whether dividend, return of capital etc) on days other than this. In these cases the relevant charge will be made on the day on which it takes effect."

...and here's the link to FTSE explaining the calculation on the index http://www.ftse.com/Indices/UK_Indices/Downloads/FTSE_100_Dividend_Index_Methodology.pdf

I think SBs usually make the cash adjustment at the time when they roll over the bet, but you need to check incdividual company terms and conditions.

good trading

jon

Thanks Jon, as my friend in Manchester would say...Top banaaana!:)

Can't see any direction until BofE, even though they will leave rates, (famous last words!) Everything is trading in small ranges. £Y less than half its range so far today. Look at some lonher time frames and you can see this more clearly.
Anyone in a position?

Can't see any direction until BofE, even though they will leave rates, (famous last words!) Everything is trading in small ranges. £Y less than half its range so far today. Look at some lonher time frames and you can see this more clearly.
Anyone in a position?

was thinking the very same thing, all currrencies seem range bound in a tight range for now. Sidelines for now.

Ye short 4682 wot do u think I shorted to early

Depends, what was your set up? We have made lower highs the last two days, this gave me a trendline around that number but the 8:00 cande broke and held, not even a retest.

Anyone in a position?

I was thinking of shorting if this 10 min candle finishes lower than the last.

Dollar slightly stenghtening, oil has come down, some miners war weakening,

Candle didnt close below!:(

Goldman said that US GDP will improve next quarter. Becareful, they are about to shed their positions while we the minions are pushing the prices higher and higher. Remember their oil forecast?

Ye short 4682 wot do u think I shorted to early

As things are pretty slow/range bound why dont you post your analysis or reasons for the short when you did.

We can then discuss and use the time to share ideas and opinions?

Possible resistance around 4700. i would like to see this play out a bit longer for possible short.

believed there was resistance at 4685 but as soon as I shorted it shot up. It's showing resistance at 4700 might go down soon any thoughts

Anyone in a position?

long ftse 4703

Goldman said that US GDP will improve next quarter. Becareful, they are about to shed their positions while we the minions are pushing the prices higher and higher. Remember their oil forecast?
Well they are booking trading profits of 100 million a day! :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.