Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
23/07 why is that bar labelled as a swing H ? old chart stuff ?

Hi Mas,

Yeah, I think so. I probably put that there to mark a potential high.

How's your trading going? I'm quite suprised how £Y keeps going up btw, it's a monster move!

London_Lad - Although the ADP numbers were not much worse than expected and had the smallest fall of the year?

US factory orders beat analyst forcecasts so might provide some support or maybe its just the wider movement in currencies causing the sell off.

:)

Hi Mas,

How's your trading going? I'm quite suprised how £Y keeps going up btw, it's a monster move!

Wed afternoon, sun's out, so I'm taking the afternoon off as usual.

Trading £Y , scratched a trade last night for +10 (nowt much happening last night) , market a little noisy @ the open this morning so didn't get a trade on (rest of week been good though)

Yep £Y going great guns (prob put a curse on it, now I've said that ;) ) £Y and FTSE been tracking together pretty closely over the last few days.

Yours been doing ok ? saw your last post re your latest results, sounding good mate (y)

Afternoon everyone.

Here you go Lapster. Is this how your chart looks btw?

There's still over 2 hrs before the current bar closes, so the '5' might not work out.

Ah just seen this GEO - yes that's how it looks, good I'm doing something right!

Eventually!

Placed a short this morning - horrible entry due to charts not working properly but held out and then rode nicely from 4670 to 4649 nice 21pnts.

I was able to fight the urge not to exit at BE and just be thankful not to making a loss.

Interesting psychology shift - mentally told myself that, although the trade had been open for hours, to think of things as though I had just placed the trade. Seemed to help me think clearer.

FYI I used a trailing stop stepped at 5pnts to secure profit. Challenging times!

Hi Mas,

Yeah 16,200 is the decider now. Double top or through that res and lower TL from pivot yearly low 23 Jan.

Placed a short this morning - horrible entry due to charts not working properly but held out and then rode nicely from 4670 to 4649 nice 21pnts.

I was able to fight the urge not to exit at BE and just be thankful not to making a loss.

Interesting psychology shift - mentally told myself that, although the trade had been open for hours, to think of things as though I had just placed the trade. Seemed to help me think clearer.

FYI I used a trailing stop stepped at 5pnts to secure profit. Challenging times!

Although that sounds silly, it might actually work - will tell myself that next time...or maybe leave the desk for a couple of minutes and return to open up the panel on the platform and make it feel 'new'

Although that sounds silly, it might actually work - will tell myself that next time...or maybe leave the desk for a couple of minutes and return to open up the panel on the platform and make it feel 'new'

I definately feel there is something to the psycho side of trading.

Previously i have noticed that having been patient for the move to come back my way (through analysis) I have jumped out at BE just feeling greatful! Only to see that if I had stayed in I would have turned it into a profit.

Difficult to judge but definately thinking clearer is a major advantage.

I definately feel there is something to the psycho side of trading.

Previously i have noticed that having been patient for the move to come back my way (through analysis) I have jumped out at BE just feeling greatful! Only to see that if I had stayed in I would have turned it into a profit.

Difficult to judge but definately thinking clearer is a major advantage.

funnily enough when i closed my earlier short for a small loss, i felt i may be re entering at a similar point and to hang on in. i took a short loss but loss of opportunity is better than loss of capital!!

Status
Not open for further replies.