Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shame about the E$ trade DB! i expect you will be making more fx trades now though? :) Clearly I jumped ship too early on my trades as well.

@ BW, are you still in the swissy trade? Looking good - nice breakout of the wedgy thing!

@ Masnachu - $CAD on the turn at last. GY, still favouring shorts here for the moment when the move down finishes - will look for minimum 50% fib entry of previous swing.

Looks like lots of us have a had a good day!! :D

£Y seeing how it handles 15514 , missed the break @ 12.30 , was managing that poxy FTSE short.

Happy for now to be taking a breather, and watching it all unfold , great trend today all round so far.

Now lets see the FTSE try and claw its way back up and close for another up day...I'm ready to shoot it back down :cheesy: Us Shorts(and that only applies to Trading :cheesy:) have been waiting a Verrrry Long time for a sign that the market has run out of steam!

As WS always points out the $ seems key and if Sujith is right(and he usually is then we can expect the $ to strength... whether today is the start I'm not sure but it will certainly get the longs(FTSE and Dow) thinking

DiJ

Last edited:
considering oil has put in a double bottom @ $66.6 just above 200 MA ..............markets will now begin to rise

Attachments

• US Light Crude (AUG-09).png
    US Light Crude (AUG-09).png
    19.3 KB · Views: 121
Interesting!

Where has this come from ws - based on its resilence?

:)

yes my friend ............it has weathered the perfect storm!!

Euro & GBP beginning to bounce off the lows along with oil so go with the flow...........

NASDAQ has knocked on 1600 so many times ......4th time high probability!!

bear flag has been violated = bullish signal

Keep one eye on this kaisen
http://www.inthemoneystocks.com/n_rant_and_rave_blog.php

Last edited:
taken profits on half @ 10700, moving stop up to 10690 for the rest and let the baby go go go

wow! I just came back in and found my USDCHF trade is over 90 points!! up :D

it was over 132 points up earlier today. Ummh not sure it will get back up ther again so taking the 90 point profit here at the market :cool:

Shame about the E$ trade DB! i expect you will be making more fx trades now though? :) Clearly I jumped ship too early on my trades as well.

@ BW, are you still in the swissy trade? Looking good - nice breakout of the wedgy thing!

@ Masnachu - $CAD on the turn at last. GY, still favouring shorts here for the moment when the move down finishes - will look for minimum 50% fib entry of previous swing.

Looks like lots of us have a had a good day!! :D

Hey Geo, dont know if you still online, but yes I was still on that swissy trade, was a shock to come back to that massive move, Im not grumbling though:eek:

amend stop to break even

Excellent work again ws, as ever!

I notice very often you amend to break even. Do you always do this and how often does this return a nil profit from a profitable position?

Also you use no indicators except key stocks, currencies, oil and gold?

Oh and geo trend lines! Are these just points that connect at angles? Any suggested reading? I know you are a big fan.

Excellent work again ws, as ever!

I notice very often you amend to break even. Do you always do this and how often does this return a nil profit from a profitable position?

Also you use no indicators except key stocks, currencies, oil and gold?

I have started to do this a lot recently due to the crazy reversals we see in these markets ..........especially if you are short!!

one should always amend to break even after 10-20 points on volatile indices and 5-10 on less volatile indices such as Nasdaq as it reduces the risk from your trade ......if your trade hits break even then your original analysis is no longer valid and more often than not the market reverses the other way

What is better?

Break even or stop loss hit .........it is frustrating when it hits stop loss and reverses in your direction again, but then one must work on the entry level and not stop loss.

wow! I just came back in and found my USDCHF trade is over 90 points!! up :D

it was over 132 points up earlier today. Ummh not sure it will get back up ther again so taking the 90 point profit here at the market :cool:

n1 bw (y)

I have started to do this a lot recently due to the crazy reversals we see in these markets ..........especially if you are short!!

one should always amend to break even after 10-20 points on volatile indices and 5-10 on less volatile indices such as Nasdaq as it reduces the risk from your trade ......if your trade hits break even then your original analysis is no longer valid and more often than not the market reverses the other way

What is better?

Break even or stop loss hit .........it is frustrating when it hits stop loss and reverses in your direction again, but then one must work on the entry level and not stop loss.

Cheers ws.

Do you also look at fib?

Status
Not open for further replies.