Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I entered in there just now.Short from 4545. I am keeping it 1t 4611, to avoid the noise really. I will lose £130 if i get this wrong.

I understand, but my question was how long are you looking to hold this position for, as you will have to be prepared to see a 130 point move from your open up towards your stop (assuming you dont get stopped out) and then back to your open, just to break even?

I am thinking that if we see the FTSE break below the yesterdays lows of around 4553, we could see it fall a lot further. I think what it does around this level could be crucial. So happy to hold my short for the time being, moved my SL to 4568.

Got stopped out at 4560, for a 40 point profit. Will watch again and look for my next short. Just noticed hit my SL on the nose and then fell back another 10 points, B****R.

pentlow, I will leave it until 2100 UK time (when DJI closes). If its still in red, i'll prolly close it (if hasnt stopped me out already). Otherwise, I will move my stp to b/e as soon as possible.

pentlow, I will leave it until 2100 UK time (when DJI closes). If its still in red, i'll prolly close it (if hasnt stopped me out already). Otherwise, I will move my stp to b/e as soon as possible.

Ok, good luck and may good fortune smile on you.

London_Lad, its fair to say that a 50 point move in the opposite direction isn't noise and is a actual move! Especially if you are only looking to hold the position for a matter of hours.

Good luck!

:)

Manya. I agree. I have noticed noise of around 10 to 25 points, sometimes of 30 as well. Just want to buffer myself with a bit more. Last time I was caught at 4630, when market moved back to my favour substantially (but I was stopped out at 4630 :(

nice dollar resurgence post homes data

Euro and Cable ..............K.O

if $ goes up......................we all know what happens?

Exterminate, exterminate

:sneaky: only just seen the $ , was eating my weetabix.

$Cad nice price action around the 1st July lows , breakout - retest , break in - retest , just pointing it out, for you to watch for future ref.

Look what the US open did to Gold!
Gold is a market that when it moves, it moves!

Attachments

• Gold move.jpg
    Gold move.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 116
I make more money on Gold than on any other market.
Reccomend trading it but be sure to have a stop in place, if you get it wrong you can get seriously hurt! Imagine you are long with this move just now and didnt put a stop on :eek:

it's only ever a tendency . not a certainty. The fact that there was a lack of a sell off in the FTSE (& I assume US equities, I didn't check), while the $ was rallying like that , would hint at underlying demand at the open. Whether that demand holds and for how long remains to be seen.

nice dollar resurgence post homes data

Euro and Cable ..............K.O

if $ goes up......................we all know what happens?

Exterminate, exterminate

Exterminate , exterminate .......................

oil, currency, indices ...........exterminate!

i hope everybody got a piece of the pie today ..........

Euro trade was the best

BP was one hell of a wild trade today.........the variance is amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.