Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
slight bullish osc signal too, RSI is supporting price at a higher level

EDIT:

he says, as it begins to drop :(

bulls appear to be re inacting that sordid greenhouse scene from scum on the bears at the minute..

long 4355 target 4367

i'm hoping we're at the end of a bull flag...but you can only see it on the 5TF, so it might be total rubbish.

closed for + 16 pts, i think it could go to 4384, but i'm happy to take something away from the table

Don't you find with a 4-6pt stop you're forever getting stopped out just before it turns your way? It's probably worse using the SB platforms since they tend to overreact to actual market moves, but I find anything less than a 10pt stop just doesn't work for me unless we're in a really tight range.

not today even with this choppiness 20 trades 1 loser... my entries rule. my exits not so hot.

Francis I was just writing a response to your post suggesting something similar - my trading has improved dramatically since I just stopped trading as much. I've taken up photography and getting my PADI scuba diving license, I'm caning all the gaming titles I never had time to play before like all the Call of Duties and Gears of War, and yeah the Wii is great as well but with consoles remember if you are in the house you are also near the computer.

It's summer, find something to take you away - when I put physical space between myself and my access point to trading it does wonders! My mornings are great but that sense of success keeps me in my seat for the afternoon thinking I can improve on the morning. More often than not, I do the exact opposite.

Either that or if you really want to employ someone, I'll do it - for 50% profit share. Hey, its an incentive for me to press the button correctly! :D

i have been watching the market for a while i only really need to trade 5am-8am but go to 12pm sometimes.

The afternoon kills me because tiredness kicks in with an element of greed.

hah! well im getting a coder to get the system to output to a funky website. no scam crap. it will output exactly what the system does on to different timeframes and to email/sms.

im sick of reading junk on the net regarding trading i know i spout drivel sometimes but jesus! time for a change.

id rather someone who didnt know about trading used the system for me as it is simply up or down! and you might nick it!

i have been watching the market for a while i only really need to trade 5am-8am but go to 12pm sometimes.

The afternoon kills me because tiredness kicks in with an element of greed.

hah! well im getting a coder to get the system to output to a funky website. no scam crap. it will output exactly what the system does on to different timeframes and to email/sms.

im sick of reading junk on the net regarding trading i know i spout drivel sometimes but jesus! time for a change.

id rather someone who didnt know about trading used the system for me as it is simply up or down! and you might nick it!

Thatll be me then! :confused:

Thatll be me then! :confused:

well some guys here have seen it on the 5min time frame outputtint to twitter/email & my blog but you get noise around the open. ive got some guys testing it with me tomorrow whilst im on skype / msn. i will fire up the server tonite...

well done mr blix.. keep going buddy..winning will beocme second nature for you hopefully..

then you can teach me.

Damn you're on fire recently! (y)

Just out of interest, do you have a daily target?

i do leo, 20 pts.

i have a rough plan. i think 20 pts seems a good daily target, as the usual trading ranges on the FTSE mean that sometimes this can be achieved in 1 trade (thus limiting exposure) but is far enough away from 10 pts to perhaps be deemed skill rather than luck.

after each quarterly (3 month) period of hitting my daily pt target, i will step up my position size.

so i will only ever have to hit this pt target, but, after a year or so, i may be able to make a living from my position size. if i'm not hitting my targets for the quarter, then i don't progress to my next position size.

i figure it's one way of keeping me in the game long enough to get a handle on trading.

BLAH, BLAH, blah...you can tell i've just had another coffee ey?! :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.