Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Closed position for same as entry - 3727. No loss, which is brilliant. Will now spend the rest of the afternoon analysing what I did and why. No more trades today. I shall see what mistakes I made and what I should change for next time.

One mistake I made is mixing my charts! My SB is CS and have been plotting on MT4 because I prefer it. I remember what TD said now. "Always trade off the chart you're trading" or something like that.

I have just had another nosey at the chart and am happy to have closed at break-even.

Closed position for same as entry - 3727. No loss, which is brilliant. Will now spend the rest of the afternoon analysing what I did and why. No more trades today. I shall see what mistakes I made and what I should change for next time.

One mistake I made is mixing my charts! My SB is CS and have been plotting on MT4 because I prefer it. I remember what TD said now. "Always trade off the chart you're trading" or something like that.

I have just had another nosey at the chart and am happy to have closed at break-even.

well done Mr Squirrel, that is a good start.

you have learn a lesson at no cost to yourself

I am now short RIO tinto

2095 .....stop loss 2135

target 2070, 2050

I know, i know guys I shoudn't be trading but it was screaming out saying short short short me..........

please short me

so i obliged and put it out of its misery

haha!!

I am now short RIO tinto

2095 .....stop loss 2135

target 2070, 2050

I know, i know guys I shoudn't be trading but it was screaming out saying short short short me..........

please short me

so i obliged and put it out of its misery

haha!!

closed Rio Tinti , profit taken at 2078

I have to go out now and cant wait around

Easy formulae for

> 3740 and higher - a concerted high 2 10 min bars above 3740 - i will go long

< 3740 and lower - concerted low 2 10 min bars for me - i will go short

i am now off to eat my lunch so I will be back in 15 mins to see what is happening

that formulae worked very well

I shorted RIO again before the close @ 2090. stop loss 2125

target 2070, 2050

S&P chart.......

trend line breaks then it gets ugly

banks sold off on FTSE, take barclays for example.......

people are not going to be holding in this market

Attachments

• 17.46.png
    17.46.png
    21.4 KB · Views: 151
2 catalysts that caused this rise are bringing it right back down again

FTSE 3650............at present!!

i can' wait for a big gap down on Rio tinto tomorrow

Hi WS,
Sorry for not having been around for a while but been very busy looking at other markets. Well done Viks - nice trade!! Here's my view at the mo. We've had a nice failed retest of today's earlier lows and the US indices are looking set to close up on the day for the second day running - this hasn't happened since early Feb I don't think. At present I am long on the FTSE and holding it as we may see this rally sustain itself now - earlier I wasn't so sure..... The magic number at the moment is 7000 - we've broken it but only briefly. It's all about sustainance IMO.
Bye for now
Rob

Last edited:
Hi WS,
Sorry for not having been around for a while but been very busy looking at other markets. Well done Viks - nice trade!! Here's my view at the mo. We've had a nice failed retest of today's earlier lows and the US indices are looking set to close up on the day for the second day running - this hasn't happened since early Feb I don't think. At present I am long on the FTSE and holding it as we may see this rally sustain itself now - earlier I wasn't so sure..... The magic number at the moment is 7000 - we've broken it but only briefly. It's all about sustainance IMO.
Bye for now
Rob

hello Rob my friend, scarlet pimpernel returns.....

I understand, its good to remain focused on your trading

well done my friend..........that was a brave buy!!

there goes my excitement on my RIO tinto trade...haha!!

I came at just before 6 did some analysis support resistence and trends. Price hits my support 3655 either a bounce or break looked like a bounce to me so went long looking for 3700. Clearest mind state I've been in a while! My discipline is ever improving!

How have you been WS?

Know it's been a few days since i've posted. Thought that if i stay on here too long sometimes I tend to not do my own analysis so I come in now and again to check about.

Viks

hello Rob my friend, scarlet pimpernel returns.....

I understand, its good to remain focused on your trading

I've never been called that before!!!! I've been learning about Forex and placed my first trade on USDCAD pin bar yesterday and got 75 pips so quite happy with that. Indices are looking very interesting this evening IMO - 2 days of upside in the US could have a powerful psychological effect on the next couple of days....

I came at just before 6 did some analysis support resistence and trends. Price hits my support 3655 either a bounce or break looked like a bounce to me so went long looking for 3700. Clearest mind state I've been in a while! My discipline is ever improving!

How have you been WS?

Know it's been a few days since i've posted. Thought that if i stay on here too long sometimes I tend to not do my own analysis so I come in now and again to check about.

Viks

yes I have been doing OK, I have been hitting my targets everyday except yesterday which was a bad day as I was just above break even.

Today has been a good day ..........exceeded profit target almost made tomorrow as well..haha!

hoping for my RIo tinto short to gap down and I will be done for the day

I am watching champions league football now
Fergie V Mourinho.............

10 mins left for day shift and then i can relax, thsi thread keep me occupied throughout the day and i get to help the new starters

good fun

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.