Trade2Win's 10 Year Anniversary - Day 4 (The Critic)

His entire post is exactly the reason some members think this whole thing is rigged.
Peter,
I'll look you (or anyone else for that matter) in the virtual eye and tell you hand on heart that the main prize was won by hampy fair and square. As per Sharky's OP, he was picked by the virtual tombola. Marcos did it (T2W techie), as he doesn't get involved in the forums day to day and doesn't know the personalities. Could not have been fairer. I was responsible for picking 5 reviews - purely at my discretion - one of which would win the helicopter. Of the 5, Sharky, EK1 and myself listed the best 3 in priority order. DashRiprock won that, with DT coming a very close 2nd. FWIW, I would have included hampy as one of the 5 as his review of IB is excellent, but didn't as he'd already won the main prize. (Sorry hampy!)

I'm sorry you seem to think everything around here is 'rigged'. If it was, I'd step down from my post straight away. If you want to chat about this on Skype in person - feel free to PM me with your contact details and we can have a good ol' chin wag!
;)
Tim.

Hi Tim,

I'll take you at your word that things are on the up and up so this will be my last conspiracy post on this. :LOL:
But read my quote..."some members think this whole thing is rigged". Certainly, I don't see how t2w has anything to gain by contest-fixing anyway and I have congratulated all the winners. You're missing the point I think.

I've read the reviews. Several very good ones. DT's review was excellent as was hampy's and others. But, DT posts here everyday, contributes good stuff, assists others and all that, while hampy doesn't post here at all (1 post last year) and admits to knowing Sharky and others after he wins. Stand back for a second and see what conclusion could be drawn from this, especially right after the previous day's no-post winner.

Finally, I don't think everything around here is rigged! As you know I enjoy posting here and will continue to do so, but someone has to keep you guys on your toes. :smart:

Peter

Yup! Come on guys, why so cynical. I don't see why Sharky or any of the other staff would want to rig the competition! What benefit would that have to them? I for one think it was a good bit of fun and nice to see Sharky contributing a bit more. Hey I even won a £25 voucher and I'm made up! I think there should be more competitions like this. Especially some trading competitions. I see no reason why the biggest trading forum on the web hasn't done that yet!

Sam.

Looks like scose and I are the only ones on this side of the opinion line :rolleyes:

Peter

I don't know, but the original post said by 12:00 noon today.... and that was an hour and a half ago!

Hey Peter, I'm a rookie and just barely starting out! :) And thanks for letting me know about the other contest, I'll enter right now.

Yup! Come on guys, why so cynical. I don't see why Sharky or any of the other staff would want to rig the competition! What benefit would that have to them? I for one think it was a good bit of fun and nice to see Sharky contributing a bit more. Hey I even won a £25 voucher and I'm made up! I think there should be more competitions like this. Especially some trading competitions. I see no reason why the biggest trading forum on the web hasn't done that yet!

Sam.

I think there should be more competitions like this. Especially some trading competitions. I see no reason why the biggest trading forum on the web hasn't done that yet!

Sharky take note:whistling

We used to have competitions and they were extremely popular back in the day.

Hoy there sure is some anger from a friendly comeptition?!

If I'm allowed I will give a little acceptance speech:

Yes, I deserved to win the helicopter. If anyone has actually read hampys review of IB you will see that it is very long and very comprehensive, but I think my previews were structured better. I also did more to increase my chances of winning the apple TV box, but I figured that if a person was going to pick the best review doing a few couldn't hurt, even if none of them were actually the best.

If hampy hadn't won the apple box, I wouldn't have cried foul of he won the helicopter. His review of IB was good, after all. I might have just been off base with the tone of my reviews, after all.

As it happens, I won the review award and in my opinion rightly so. I could have written more reviews if the brokers / books / software I have used were available to review were available, but for the most part they weren't.

However, as I've said in this forum and in private messages, I don't really want the helicopter. I've already got one, you see. I asked if I could nominate someone else to get the helicopter and sharkey agreed, so my idea is to wait until todays competition is decided on monday and then give the helicopter to the person that I thought had made a good effort over the 4 days but missed out on a prize.

Scosenodoubt and wackypete were both on the shortlist for getting the helicopter if they didn't win on monday. Sorry, but you guys are just bad losers so you're out of the running.

so you won't post to add anything significant to the forum, but sure as heck post to win a prize. Wonderful. See you at the next contest.

Let's see...he doesn't post but met the owner of the forum and his entry was deemed best by who?? The owner of the forum??

His entire post is exactly the reason some members think this whole thing is rigged.

Peter

err ^^^^^^

Wasn't the last competition that everyone did here a broker competition with demo accounts where you could reset your account if you blew up (and many did several times). Hilarious

I am sure if Sharky approached one of the SB companies they would sponsor a competition just for T2W and put up some nice prizes

elitejets I thought you had won todays competition once I saw you had posted a video.

Turns out that it had too many lines on graphs and not enough tits. I got bored.

:cheesy:

On the off-hand, did you used to be an aeroplane-controller?