Trade2Win's 10 Year Anniversary - Day 4 (The Critic)

Well done to the winners and to everyone for taking part. DashRiprock deserves to win for putting in a lot of reviews of a consistently high standard. As a one-off, I agree with Sharky that DTs review of IB is excellent. Other reviews of note were (in no particular order):
Trading in the Zone by Shadowninja
Ashraf Laidi by Montmorencyt2w
ETX Capital by HawkTrader
IG Index by tar
(y)

lol ! Missed that - well done Dash enjoy your small chopper ! Mine gives me endless pleasure.

Thank you for the congratulations everyone.

May I ask - does winning this prize rule me out of the "anatomy of a trade" competition?

also, I already have a small chopper and play with it regularly. I was really only in it for the AppleTV box.

So unless anybody wants to make me any offers, can I nominate somebody else to recieve my prize? I don't want to appear ungrateful, but I actually do already have one of these.

Thank you for the congratulations everyone.

May I ask - does winning this prize rule me out of the "anatomy of a trade" competition?

also, I already have a small chopper and play with it regularly. I was really only in it for the AppleTV box.

So unless anybody wants to make me any offers, can I nominate somebody else to recieve my prize? I don't want to appear ungrateful, but I actually do already have one of these.

No, you can definitely win multiple times - it was the luck of the draw. Sure, since you were the winner you can just nominate whoever you choose (ideally someone who's review you really liked!).

Hampy do you want to swap?

Hi, Having just had an indoor plane at Xmas I'll stick with the AppleTV thanks, wouldn't want an airmiss in the lounge, very unprofessional:D

Well done on winning anyway, I'll read your reviews later.

Cheers,

:cheesy:

thanks hampy. You don't ask, you don't get as they say!

enjoy the apple box :)

Sharky why do these people who never post get all of the expensive prizes? I really doubt they exist at all. Why don;t you put all of our minds at ease and post a picture of the apple TV with a bit of trade2win memorabilia in front of it?

Finally, we'd be interested to hear how we can improve the reviews section further, especially from memebrs that used it for the first time yesterday. What did you like/dislike? Do you have any suggestions for making it better? Thanks!

Yes, that was the first time I'd ever reviewed anything here and to be honest, I'd hardly every looked at those reviews before. Bit dumb really, as I could have used some useful reviews of SB brokers, for example, in the past. One "problem", I noticed, but I'm not sure what you do about it: some of the reviews of brokers are very old, and people's perceptions of them and the brokers themselves, can change remarkably over time. So for example, because there is currently a very active thread about CMC Markets, mainly I think because of the recent and current revamp to their platform, I thought I'd have a look at reviews of that broker, and was a bit disappointed to find mainly old ones, which would now be fairly irrelevant.

I'm not saying get rid of old reviews, because I think there can be a kind of historical value in keeping things for the record, so I don't know how you tackle it. Perhaps send out reminders to past reviewers after certain time periods and ask them if they would like to update it?

Also, for example I don't think Smart Live Markets was in the list, although they've been around for a while now. Perhaps sent out a general announcement every so often to suggest updates to the list (and similar lists)? (Not sure that would work for books, as there are so many, but brokers aren't quite so numerous.

Sharky why do these people who never post get all of the expensive prizes? I really doubt they exist at all. Why don;t you put all of our minds at ease and post a picture of the apple TV with a bit of trade2win memorabilia in front of it?

True irony S-N-D..ur post actually sums up why I rarely post on T2W. As for if I am real, I have met in person Sharky/Mr Charts/Newtron Bomb/BB Mac and others who would prefer not to be named at least 5 years before you even joined. I did think of posting a pic of the trading set up earlier in the week, but felt 2x Dell 24 s and 2x Dell 30 s along with a pair of Jimmy Choos a bit extravagant.
Hey ho back to lurking..good luck with ur trading:cheesy:

Good on you, hampy.
Take care,
Richard

PS s-n-d has been around a year or two longer under lots of previous multi-nicks LOL

True irony S-N-D..ur post actually sums up why I rarely post on T2W. As for if I am real, I have met in person Sharky/Mr Charts/Newtron Bomb/BB Mac and others who would prefer not to be named at least 5 years before you even joined. I did think of posting a pic of the trading set up earlier in the week, but felt 2x Dell 24 s and 2x Dell 30 s along with a pair of Jimmy Choos a bit extravagant.
Hey ho back to lurking..good luck with ur trading:cheesy:

So you won't post to add anything significant to the forum, but sure as heck post to win a prize. Wonderful. See you at the next contest.

Let's see...he doesn't post but met the owner of the forum and his entry was deemed best by who?? The owner of the forum??

His entire post is exactly the reason some members think this whole thing is rigged.

Peter

So you won't post to add anything significant to the forum, but sure as heck post to win a prize. Wonderful. See you at the next contest.

Let's see...he doesn't post but met the owner of the forum and his entry was deemed best by who?? The owner of the forum??

His entire post is exactly the reason some members think this whole thing is rigged.

Peter

I think my win was the luck of the draw, best post was DashRiprock.
If someone asks a question about which the answer is fact, such as how to use esig or IB then I will answer, but when it gets to trading methodology opinions are so varied that previous experiences proved it was better not to get involved.
Indeed I entered yesterdays competition simply as I was able to post some useful stuff about using IB, and entered only once out of the 10 I might have done.
I'm sure if the comp was rigged then T2W would be choosing the regulars like yourself rather than the occasional visitors like me.
Good luck today!:)

I think my win was the luck of the draw, best post was DashRiprock.
If someone asks a question about which the answer is fact, such as how to use esig or IB then I will answer, but when it gets to trading methodology opinions are so varied that previous experiences proved it was better not to get involved.
Indeed I entered yesterdays competition simply as I was able to post some useful stuff about using IB, and entered only once out of the 10 I might have done.
I'm sure if the comp was rigged then T2W would be choosing the regulars like yourself rather than the occasional visitors like me.
Good luck today!:)

Interesting. We we it exactly opposite.

BTW, congrats to you and dash. As I've said before I hold no ill will toward the winners, only in how (seemingly) the contest is being run.

Peter

Why are you jumping to Sharkys defense?

Simple request that didn't involve you and certainly require a narrative building a bit of character depth. Also, for future reference, it does not bode well fpr your argument to state you are not arms length from vendors and staff.

Ta ra.