Intraday DOW short setup delivering nicely...target hit and trailing:

P1 10003
P2 9967
P3 9999
Entry 9990
SL 10014
CP 9981
Target 9963

...who knows, we might even see this longer term target hit today..

P1 10363
P2 9969
P3 10266
Entry 10168
SL 10281
CP 10069
Exit 9872

Last edited:
I made a small profit of 6 ticks. I then revers and went short for 22 ticks, now flat, no more for me today on the scalps. but i have nibbled and a buy at 9916

CJ

Is there a man called (Trader A) or (Trader J ) on this thread, please let me know, I would like to speak to you.

CJ

EUR 60Min short setup update. p2 to p3 trend line beginning to break, orders now set at 1.2366 short; stop 1.2433; target 1.2210.

ChowClown said:
...EUR update if P3 @1.2418 holds. Doesn't look like it wants to roll over yet though:

P1 2432
P2 2224
P3 2418
Entry 2366
StopL 2433
Crit Price 2314
Target 2210

Running a trend line along the lows of the P2 to P3 leg up can improve entries, once P3 is 'in'; ie enter when the trend line is broken.

Attachments

• EUR_USD 60Min short 123.GIF
    EUR_USD 60Min short 123.GIF
    44.1 KB · Views: 188
How do you find my thread, have it help you in anyway? I haven't given the full details of the method. but will do soon. The method,i give is only 20% of the full method, The other 80% makes this work far better, in reversing and doubling up your positions , I use what I call angle theory, by measuring the slope of the angle and subtracting it from the preceding high or low, to establish the slope of the second angle known as the complementary angle.

The angular theory is one of the most valuable tools a trader can have. it tells you when to revers you position even if you are in and up swing in warns of change early.Once you know to use angle slope you can trade these on as little as 20% pull backs.But in the mean time I will leave you digest the p1p2p3.So be cerfull when trading as you are only using raw matrial what i have given you.

I will ask again is there a Trader A or J out there. Who comments on a different Web site.

CJ

CJ,

The information you have so far been good enough to share is already making a significant difference, especially on the DOW and exits in particular. Looking forward to hearing more, in due course.

Off to bed - good night all.

CJ,

I would also like to thankyou for the pivots. They are helping me a great deal, and I'm looking forward to exploring the method deeper.

J

Goober said:
Fastnet

I would rather short at 10169 with a target of 9877 based on:

Pivot 1 - 10358
Pivot 2 - 9969
Pivot 3 - 10266

Incredible to see how the above setup hit its target at approximately 9877 and then reverse.

Attachments

• YM.jpg
    YM.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 210
cj,

It has been useful.
They appear to confirm standard ideas ( Dow higher highs and lows / lower lows/highs, channel ranges, etc ).
The retracement numbers appear similar to Fibs etc.

most important, the pivots are easier to see.
If you have DA, you can scalp the way you do.
As I SB, I have to consider the spread, so am looking for the larger p1/p2s.
( if the p1/p2 is 100 or so, it is worthwhile my trading it ).

still prefer to trade in direction of main trend !!!

waiting for the rest of the strategy.......

Mornin' Goobs,

Aye, that was a bit spooky :eek:

..interesting to see if the Jun highs p1, Aug low p2, Sep high p3 delivers in the next week or so:

P1 10488
P2 9784
P3 10363
Entry 10188
Stoploss 10378
CritPrice 10012
Target 9660

Goober said:
Incredible to see how the above setup hit its target at approximately 9877 and then reverse.

Trendie - I share your views (inc the SB logic) and also think that this should be used in the direction of the main trend only. CC gonna prove me wrong later today when the bottom drops outta the EUR/USD pair and my Gold posn sinks !!

owowowo (Jimy Saville stylee)

I'm still getting a bit confused about where set-ups begin and end (especially when they overlap - ie the end of a failed set-up is the start of a new one). Further confusion is caused by looking at different time scales for similar reasons to those mentioned by cj12 when we were discussing the Joe Ross Trader's Trick.

..hmm not sure on the short EUR/USD fastnet - below consensus reports at 13:30 are likely to give EUR a kick up....and what with the spikes around that time, I'm wondering if it's worth keeping the orders in - s'pose the sensible thing would be to take 'em off, and re-assess after the reports once the dust settles....

Well the 123 hasn't triggered yet, but I'm now long EUR on the 7-10 breakout :)

Last edited:
ChowClown said:
P1 10488
P2 9784
P3 10363
Entry 10188
Stoploss 10378
CritPrice 10012
Target 9660

Hi CC,

I know Target = P3 - (P1 - P2) but could you remind me how you calculate the Entry and S/L prices (I did read post #13 before it was removed, but didn't think to make a note of it)

Also can't remember the "CritPrice". Is this where you move the stop to breakeven?

Thanks

Hi MGB,

Entry Price is P3 plus 25% of the move from P1 to P2. So, ((P2-P1)/4)+P3=Entry Price

Stoploss = P3+1 tick

Critical Price is halfway between P3 and the Target Price. So, (P3+T)/2=Critical Price. Yes, stops to b/e here.

HTH

Good luck today, if you're 'in'.

...bosh - EUR 60min 123 short, orders now cancelled - 7-10am breakout looking healthy. Nice one FN :cool:

ChowClown said:
..hmm not sure on the short EUR/USD fastnet - below consensus reports at 13:30 are likely to give EUR a kick up....and what with the spikes around that time, I'm wondering if it's worth keeping the orders in - s'pose the sensible thing would be to take 'em off, and re-assess after the reports once the dust settles....

Well the 123 hasn't triggered yet, but I'm now long EUR on the 7-10 breakout :)

cj - I for one am finding this really helpful. I look forward to any further updates you are prepared to share. Thankyou.

Q. Does P2 always have to be lower than P1 and P3.
Example - daily YM
Late Sept low 9965
Early Oct high 10270
Y'day low 9870
Here the pullback is > 100% of the P1 to P2 move.

Does this qualify or if there a maximum pullback %age I should be looking for?

Thanks,
Gizmo

Sorry to hear that CC - bit of a relief though cos I filled ma boots with gold mid-week when it temporarily came off by 10 points (inexplicable, suspect manipulation - disproportionate dollar move) and all the analysts started screaming target $385.

As we speak EUR/USD has broken July's dollar lows @ 1.2460 - if it holds (big IF, I'll have a turtle-soup set up ready) Medium target then EUR 1.30/USD once again.

To be honest I think today's break will be heavily faded and the proper break will come in a week or so.

Good w/e all

PS - No offence cj12 but I really hope you're not building up to a ''big-sell'' and what you've posted so far is the hook. . . . . you've been so generous so far. I have to say that wiping previous posts made me a tad suspicious. It wouldn't be the first time it's been tried. I'm sure I'll be proved wrong.