Swing trading With a Difference

trendie said:
I attach the TradingStrategy.pdf from Tactical Trader.
I do so in good faith.
The author has full rights over his wrok.
The pdf document is not an invitation to trade, mererly for educational purposes.
The file is not for resale.

That just about covers it :)

happy reading.

Hi trendie - did you scan this in or download from their site? Is the original 7 pages? It's just that the explanation does not connect from one page to the next as though some text is missing??

Any ideas? Maybe just the last line cut off each page.

FN, the copy I downloaded was 7 pgs and had omissions - I don't think they're essential though, especially as the worked example appears to be complete....famous last words..

fastnet said:
Hi trendie - did you scan this in or download from their site? Is the original 7 pages? It's just that the explanation does not connect from one page to the next as though some text is missing??

Any ideas? Maybe just the last line cut off each page.

fastnet,

I agree that the pages seem to have letters missing at the edges.
I get the impression it was scanned from a book or something.
One of the pages does not appear to logically follow from another.

What I have posted is the TT pdf in its entirety.

The only thing I changed was to prefix the document name with "TT_", to show where it originally came from.

I have not modified it in anyway.

...interesting short developing on the 5min (DOW)...depending on if/where P3 forms..

P1: Friday's high; P2 Today's Low; P3 ??

P3 zone: 9940 - 9964
Entry zone: 9910 - 9934
Target zone: 9820 - 9844

Attachments

• 5min DOW short.gif
    5min DOW short.gif
    22.8 KB · Views: 213
...EUR 5min long?:

P1 1.2460
P2 1.2533
P3 1.2479
Entry 1.2497
StopLoss 1.2478
CriticalPrice 1.2516
Target 1.2552

Attachments

• 5min EUR long.gif
    5min EUR long.gif
    21.6 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:
...the earlier EUR 5min short setup delivered quite nicely, after a little run from the 7-10am breakout - exited (the breakout) on the macd divergence and seeing the 123 short setting up....

Attachments

• 5min EUR short.gif
    5min EUR short.gif
    17.8 KB · Views: 230
Last edited:
I am the original author of this Method.Its all my work.done in the early 90s.and what you have seen on the web is a copy of my work with 80% missing.To have the full affect you need to use what I call the angle slope. plus(PIVOT 4) a more accurate Turing point and different time frames to get the full picture, I haven't given the full details. Its only 20% of the full method, The other 80% makes this work far better, in reversing and doubling up your positions , I use what I call angle theory, by measuring the slope of the angle and subtracting it from the preceding high or low, to establish the slope of the second angle this is where the buy or sell would be taken.The angle theory tells you when to reveres you position even if you are in and up swing. in warns of change early.Once you know to use angle slope you can trade these on as little as 20% pull backs.So be careful when trading as you are only using raw material what I have given you.

Im considering, given the full method by e-mail to vetted traders who will not publish my work.

CJ

cj12 said:
Im considering, given the full method by e-mail to vetted traders who will not publish my work.

CJ

Be careful cj. I have a few methods that were distributed to a few people on strict instructions not to share them with anyone. At least one person will have a friend they think they can trust and will pass it on. Times that by a few hundred and you would be better off putting the full method on here :)

Cj12,
I think bigbusiness is right, there is always someone who won't stand by their promise. :(

CJ, the pdf file on Tactical Trader just added a little flesh to the bones of your posts on the method so far. You said you would be revealing the full method eventually anyway, so why shy away now? After all, you can't expect 20,000 odd traders/potential traders (on this site alone) not to discuss and research around a method as intuitive as this.

I don't think anyone wishes to 'steal your thunder', we're keen to learn more. Even if you don't follow through with further details, I for one have learnt valuable information which has been incorporated into my own trading and is now making a significant difference.

I'd like to extend sincere appreciation and urge you to continue the development of this thread.

CJ,

This thread was started on the basis that the full version would at some point be made available.
My purpose in following this thread, and posting what I thought were the P1-P2-P3 was to help others to see patterns, and also to learn from others, by confirming each others numbers, and being put on the right path when we ( I ), get the numbers wrong !!
( this is in the best tradition of T2W )

I think it was either Richard Donchina or Richard Dennis, who said theta he could print his trading rules in the Wall Street Journal, and people would still lose money.
This is not anything to do with the system, but the failure of traders to follow the rules.

Rest assured, CJ, you can post your full rules here on T2W, and only a handful will make money.
This is because they probably will not have the discipline and patience to use it.

I think the contributors to this thread, due to their posts, are more likely to make it work.

thanks

....it will be interesting to see if the major trend takes precedence (first chart) and wins over the lesser long setup (2nd chart). The 2nd chart takes yesterday's low as P3, although this isn't a confirmed P3 yet, perhaps there will be a higher low today - the 10007 entry looks likely this session; futures up so far (11:30).

Good luck.

Attachments

• Daily DOW 123 Short - 18 Oct update.gif
    Daily DOW 123 Short - 18 Oct update.gif
    31.1 KB · Views: 218
  • Daily DOW 123 Long - 18 Oct update.gif
    Daily DOW 123 Long - 18 Oct update.gif
    31.3 KB · Views: 259
....the 123 pattern is helping with exits from breakout entries too...

Attachments

• 5min EUR 7-10BO 123 Exit 19 Oct.gif
    5min EUR 7-10BO 123 Exit 19 Oct.gif
    17.9 KB · Views: 224
...possible EUR 123 Short (30min):

Attachments

• 30min EUR 123 Short 19 Oct.gif
    30min EUR 123 Short 19 Oct.gif
    16 KB · Views: 213
CC - thanks for maintaining the momentum of this thread and for posting yr charts. All good stuff. RE: the chart above (123 EUR short) - aren't you supposed to short at (2) in a traditional 1-2-3?? CJ12's system, the classic 1-2-3 and Joe Ross's 1-2-3 are swirling around in my wee brain causing great confusion (pathetic eh!).

I wouldn't short the EUR even if a CJ12 was sent up preferring to filter out trades against the longer term trend - just my pref.

I would prefer yr DOW trade.

In the mtm I was wondering whether anyone would know where I could get FTSE/DOW daily charts which include gap opens and closes??? tks

FN, yes, I believe so, for traditional 1-2-3s. Good advice on longer term setups against the more dominant trend. I often overlook this. The EUR short setup has just failed (report spike would have hit stop) and toing and froing now for a while, until normal service resumes....looking downside as I type, but can turn on a dime.

..I wonder if this will pan out?

P3 zone: 10034 - 10087

Target zone: 9820 - 9769

Attachments

• 60Min DOW 123 Short 19 Oct.gif
    60Min DOW 123 Short 19 Oct.gif
    23.5 KB · Views: 253
QUOTE=ChowClown]..I wonder if this will pan out?

P3 zone: 10034 - 10087

Target zone: 9820 - 9769[/QUOTE]

Chow Clown

The above chart you posted as no relation to my 123. The chart you posted, I would call this a failed slope plus it has broke away from previous pivots. so future p3 there would be no trade taken. If anything I be looking for a buy to set up. and if you take a look at your chart above again,P1 should be at 9982 not 10127 as you pointed out. You are ignoring old pivots points, this is the wrong thing to do.

Got to show loosing trades also.

chart 1
http://quote.prophet.net//applets/j...ration=15d&frequency=15m&forceOrient=portrait

chart 2
http://quote.prophet.net//applets/j...ration=15d&frequency=15m&forceOrient=portrait

I had an e-mail from a trader who have lost 30% of is account trading this method so far. I will repeat again, if you wish to trade this method, Which is only 20% of the full trading method, its at your own risk? Please be careful.

CJ

Thanks CJ, I was wondering how to treat previous pivots. Makes potential setups easier to identify. :cool:

So, the potential long setup would be from yesterday's low (9862); P2 at today's high (so far) with the P3 zone being 9918-9886 and target zone 10076-10046.

cj12 said:
Chow Clown

The above chart you posted as no relation to my 123. The chart you posted, I would call this a failed slope plus it has broke away from previous pivots. so future p3 there would be no trade taken. If anything I be looking for a buy to set up. and if you take a look at your chart above again,P1 should be at 9982 not 10127 as you pointed out. You are ignoring old pivots points, this is the wrong thing to do.

CJ

Last edited:
what about this one on the FTSE?

Not such a bit pull-back (just 62%) but. . .

P1 = 4528
P2 = 4732
P3 = 4605
Target = 4809

FTSE uptrend still v much in tact

Attachments

• FTSE 19th Oct.png
    FTSE 19th Oct.png
    3.8 KB · Views: 212