Swing trading With a Difference

I don't get the same target as you get.… intraday day swings as made this set up skewed. IM long from 9951, target today's high, stop, will be moved to protect profits. and IM ready to revers and go short if it don't go to plan

CJ

Forgive me if this is wrong I've haven't had time to fully read this thread....

But Charles L. Lindsay's trident keeps spinging to mind ??

...yet more mule'ing to do. :cheesy: Cheers m8. :cool:

a320 said:
Forgive me if this is wrong I've haven't had time to fully read this thread....

But Charles L. Lindsay's trident keeps spinging to mind ??

ChowClown said:
...hmm some quick googling suggests similarities - are you Charles Lindsay CJ?

CC, I get only 1 couple of books on amazon or global trader.
Also some kind of "Larry Williams sues the world" type of page indicating Lindsay is selling a system, TradeBase, and responding to clients needs !!
What words are you googlong ?

Also:
What difference does it make what CJs real name is, as long as the ideas work ?
We have been publicaly exchanging P1-P2-P3 numbers.
The only thing we havent been doing is following up at the end of the day, and say whether the posted numbers resulted in stop-hit, break-even or profit.

It is only a problem if the end result of this thread is a proposal to sell the remaining 80% ?

The last few posts seem to be taking an unfortunately familiar turn, where the identity, intention, of the thread-starter has been brought into question, and thus undermine the thread.

trendie...

I not questioning Cj12 intentions ...All I wanted to say it reminds me of the work carried out by Charles L. Lindsay ...

a320 said:
trendie...

I not questioning Cj12 intentions ...All I wanted to say it reminds me of the work carried out by Charles L. Lindsay ...

sorry, a320, ( and CC ).

I was not implying anything untoward with my last post.

Its just that there are times when T2W threads seem to implode.
I dont want this to happen with this one.

CJ12 has been very generous showing his method, and we appear to have benefitted.

I dont think we want CJ12 to be driven away.

Its just me being paranoid.

Opinion On M.T.G. by S.K., Charles Lindsay's
Trident and Others By G.K. An Anonymous Trader
I purchased the M.T.G. (by S.K.) system about a year ago and could not recommend it. There was no manual per se. I received two sets of charts with handwritten calculations on them and a cassette tape.

The real instructions, however are given by Mr. S.K. via phone in two or three sessions which range from one-half hour to an hour with further instruction available as needed. There was no track record provided. It is not an optimized system. It would be difficult to program and there were no results from back-testing provided.

S.K. is (allegedly) not a full-time trader nor even a full-time vendor. I have bought a number of video tapes, books, systems and seminars and while I use very little of what I have been exposed to, I often felt that I learned something of the intangibles of trading even if I did not use the specific methods. I did not get that feeling from Mr. S.K. I think because this is a sideline business for him.

The system does not seem to be completely settled in Mr. S.K's mind yet. For instance, the timing component advertised. I was told what that was, but also told that Mr. S.K. no longer uses it because it caused him to "miss too many good trades." A number of other components taught via phone were different from those identified in the tape.

I think most of the advertised descriptions of the system (allegedly) are either misleading or outright foolish. The "Exact Mathematical Nature of the Markets?" "Based on Newton's 3rd Law of Motion?" I don't think so. Now, I don't bother to read further when I see things like that advertised.

Regarding the $200-$300 stops, the advertisements lead one to believe that you know in advance where to place your order with a corresponding stop - that you can forecast within $300. In fact, when the market reaches a preset point, within $200 - $300, then you place your order.

But the order (for a Buy) is at the high of the range of the day when the preset point was hit with a stop at the low of the day. Granted, this can be a tight stop, but only for some of the slower markets where just about any system would give you a tight stop.

The bottom line however, is that I followed the system faithfully for about three months. The analysis took much longer than advertised. I came up with about three or four trades, all of which lost money. Spend your money on something else.

I recently entered a trial subscription with the Tradebase Network. This is the product developed by Charles Lindsay of Trident: A Trading Strategy fame. I dialed in daily for about a month without ever accessing a trade. At first I was told that there were system problems, then data vendor problems.

One day, it appeared everything worked, however, I could not get a trade list. The next day, I was informed of a profitable wheat trade from the day before, but still no trades for the day. The next day, I was told that some of the previous day's trades made money, but some lost. Still no trades for me. After that and since then, I have been unable to reach the network or Mr. Lindsay (who, as far as I can tell, is the only one who works there). I am tying to get my deposit back now.

My work on p1,p2,p3,.plus4,was done in 1990 to 91

CJ

Evening trendie,

It would certainly be a great shame if CJ doesn't reveal the rest of his method. Clearly there is a great deal more to it than the initial notes and charts posted, which unfortunately have now been removed. :(

The pdf version appears to be a workable subset of the method. I know of someone who traded it on the Dax in Nov/Dec 2002 and out of 47 trades, 25 reached or exceeded the target price, 13 hit the critical price and failed, and 9 were incorrect - which isn't too bad :) I'm happy to work with this until/if CJ enlightens us further.

I used Trident and Lindsay as search terms in google and the reader's review just struck a chord, towards the bottom of this link:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0930233484?v=glance

Granted, there must be numerous methods using p1,p2,p3 as abbreviations. It just seemed a coincidence at the time. I was also just curious to know if CJ was Charles Lindsay, nothing more than that :)

Hope you had a profitable day today.

Cheers

trendie said:
sorry, a320, ( and CC ).

I was not implying anything untoward with my last post.

Its just that there are times when T2W threads seem to implode.
I dont want this to happen with this one.

CJ12 has been very generous showing his method, and we appear to have benefitted.

I dont think we want CJ12 to be driven away.

Its just me being paranoid.

Dow Monday; 16:00. Low= 9862 ( P1 )
Dow Tues 15:15. High = 10,020 ( P2 )
Current Low ( today ) 9,870 - popssible P3 ??

Range = 158 ( 10,020 - 9862 )
25% = 40 pts

BUY entry = 9910 ( 9,870 + 40 )
Target = 10,028 ??

( still dont like entries against trend )

You Trade is wrong trendi

You Have ignored 2 pivots in between, You must count these in.This is where p4 come in to play. It could work out but i would say if it does, Its because its an oversold situation.

http://quote.prophet.net//applets/javachart/printPdf.jsp?id=http://HOPE.prophet.net/TemporaryFiles/JavaCharts/71.1098281440838.print.gif&scope=common&host=www.prophet.net&symbol=$INDU&duration=30d&frequency=30m&forceOrient=portrait

CJ

CJ,

I didnt know I had to consider intermediate pivots !!
I was just looking for pivots with at least 100 points for better profit levels.

Oops !!

CJ,

I posted this chart a few pages back, based on your notes for p1, p2, p3 setups. It seems to be unfolding to plan, but I have a niggling feeling that you wouldn't recognise this as a valid setup against your method now &/or the target price is out of kilter, as I didn't take the early August swing high pivot into consideration, it was just 'swallowed up' within the bigger picture 123.

Hope this makes sense :)

Attachments

• Daily DOW 123 Short - 19 Oct update.gif
    Daily DOW 123 Short - 19 Oct update.gif
    31.7 KB · Views: 306
trendie said:
CJ,

I didnt know I had to consider intermediate pivots !!
I was just looking for pivots with at least 100 points for better profit levels.

Oops !!

Drat I have also been looking for patterns with big swings, sometimes ignoring the pivots in between :(

If anyone can shed any light on how P4 comes into play I would certainly appreciate it.

Many thanks,
Gizmo

Long from the 7-10am breakout earlier and then this setup appears....just checked the chart and the price action is hardly convincing, just ranging between the 32 and 50 fibs.

Attachments

• 5min EUR long - 21 Oct.gif
    5min EUR long - 21 Oct.gif
    20 KB · Views: 220
Chow:
Forgive me for butting in....hoping u can help me out here... I have been looking @ the EUR/USD 7am-10am BO as well, and for 2day I have the low as 12578 and the high as 12651....neither of which I see BO since 10am! Can u tell me the time when u went long pls?

TIA

..sorry alliance, should have read 1-8 bo, I use that too, although I've tweaked the entry criteria from the original method posted. Apologies for the confusion.