someone casing my house?

my plan was to bolck them ion if they came back last night but they never did.
Thanks, good suggestions.

All the best... if you stop posting on this forum in a few days... we'll take it you couldn't run away in time :LOL:

Remember... Timing is critical!

All the best... if you stop posting on this forum in a few days... we'll take it you couldn't run away in time :LOL:

Remember... Timing is critical!

Also best to get a look at the culrpits first. Theres some evil & double hard fother muckers about:!::!::!:

Being a have a go hero, and wanting to solve your own problems is one thing. being plain reckless & stupid is something else.........

Get some gates or those lights with sensor that detect movement, it'll be a pain them going on all the time but better than being burgledor get some of those things like you het at car parks that you can drive over one way but not the other, block em in until police arrive

Don't worry. Be happy!

Just chill and relax man!

WTF needs a 100m drive anyway? greedy bas tard!

May as well put a sign up by the entrance saying -

Hi. We live in an isolated location. Please feel free to rob us!

;)

Ask them if they're deprived members of society and if there is anything you can do to help them.

You lot are terribly unsympathetic to the needs of the underprivileged.

Criminals need care and protection.

Edit: "Criminals" is an awful and inappropriate word to use. Please accept my apologies. "Those citizens seeking successful alternative careers which currently breach repressive laws".

Last edited:
Ask them if they're deprived members of society and if there is anything you can do to help them.

You lot are terribly unsympathetic to the needs of the underprivileged.

Criminals need care and protection.

Yes.

Ask them if they'd like to asphalt your drive way. Perhaps thats why they're casing you out!

Perhaps they are homeless and hungry?
Try taking them a cup of hot chocolate and a helpful serving of chicken biryani!

Their intentions might be good. Don't assume the worst always.

Maybe they are going to bring a-pinus and light into your life :?::idea: Ever see Brewsters Millions :!::eek::idea::love:

Get a long piece of wood, about six feet wide, and hammer nails through it so they protrude a couple of inches through the other side. Lay it down, (sharp end up !), across your drive and cover with some fallen leaves.........
Keep watching and when they return, call the police.
Richard

Yes.

Ask them if they'd like to asphalt your drive way. Perhaps thats why they're casing you out!

Perhaps they are homeless and hungry?
Try taking them a cup of hot chocolate and a helpful serving of chicken biryani!

Their intentions might be good. Don't assume the worst always.

Maybe they are going to bring a-pinus and light into your life :?::idea: Ever see Brewsters Millions :!::eek::idea::love:

"a-pinus"? you mean pen*s? :cheesy: :cheesy:

Just a quick one before i go to work as its been buggin me all night.

Last night at about 10pm and again a few nights before a car has creeped half way down my driveway (my driveway is about 100yards long) and turned their lights of and sat there and then drove away. Last night I could see that their lights were on so I ran to the windown to make sure they could see me and then they reverse out of my drive onto the main road to get away (quite dangerous really) and dissapeared.

I have a dog and there is always generally someone in my house. Got basball bats and knives in my house but no guns (yet) What would you do?

What a strange world we live in.
Asking for security advice on an internet trading forum.

Surely.If your driveway is private and not public access then the occupants of the car are trespassing. Have you actually spoken to the police? Have you a gate with a Private Property notice?

Trespass: As applied to a piece of land open to the public which is not common land, open access land, or a public right of way. It is against the law to trespass on any land or in any building. Ignorance of that fact is no defence under this law. The word trespass covers much more than people usually realise. All land in this country belongs to someone. If you go on to land without the owner's permission, you are trespassing unless there is some right of access for the public, or for you specifically....f the person does not go immediately, by the shortest practical route, then they are trespassing. Despite the well known sign ‘trespassers will be prosecuted’, trespass is not a criminal offence and trespassers cannot usually be prosecuted. They can, however, be sued. There is little chance of such a matter ever being so serious as to be worth suing over, and so this rarely happens.

Naturenet: English Common Law

Rather then worrying about it and losing sleep I would confront the situation immediately. There is probably a reasonable explanation and expecting the worse is when the facts are not known is foolish speculation IMO. All this talk about guns and knives. Have any of you actually ever fired a gun or seen first hand what a bullet or knife wound looks like? This is real life not a computer game. Carrying a gun or a knife is the best way to get hurt IMO

Next time the car pulls up take a torch and your dogs and ask them if you can help.

I live in a similar sounding situation and recently a 4 by 4 with opaque windows kept 'casing' the place so I went out and spoke to them and the couple inside told me they had just come back to the UK after being in Oz for 20 years. They told me that my house was once owned by the man's grandfather and he remembered coming there to stay as a child 40 years ago.

I invited them in and we had an interesting time and he pointed out lots of things about the house I didn't know.

Get yourself an infra-red wireless webcam and point it out your window on your driveway. You can download free software that will record the images if movement is detected.

Assuming they are not about to offer you double the market rate for your pad, and that they are indeed burglars, do not shoot them, shoot their car tyres and quickly wrap their car doors in masking tape so that they cannot escape (about 3-4 times quickly around the car should do the trick!)

Alternatively you could plant land mines with remote detonation facility.

Very effective against unexpected visits from the mother-in-law and Jehovahs witnesses I find. :cheesy:

Reactions: BSD
If that is your private driveway then that is rather odd, I mean is that actually pretty clear that it is a private driveway ?

Only thing I can think of is go up to them and tell them they are trespassing, or if they leave before you reach them get their license plate, or at the very least make and color of car and call the police.

To be honest I think it's harmless, I mean no serious criminal intent on breaking in would advertise their intent that blatantly in advance would they when they could just as easily have done it on foot where you would never have been any the wiser.

Maybe an ex-lover who couldn't take no for an answer.

;)

My advise is walk down your drive with a base ball bat and start smashing the car up. If the guy gets out say right i will start on you now if you dont Fu%% of.
Or simply take a camara with you take is photo and say any thing happens ere and I will find you and kill you.
Let the person know that you will not be F%%ked about with.
If these thugs see fear they will react.
If your health is not up to this or you not got the bottle , simply clamp his car whilest on your drive and let the police deal with it.

Sorry Im not a violent person, however under no curcumstances will i let myself or my family feel interigated by thugs.

If that is your private driveway then that is rather odd, I mean is that actually pretty clear that it is a private driveway ?

Only thing I can think of is go up to them and tell them they are trespassing, or if they leave before you reach them get their license plate, or at the very least make and color of car and call the police.

To be honest I think it's harmless, I mean no serious criminal intent on breaking in would advertise their intent that blatantly in advance would they when they could just as easily have done it on foot where you would never have been any the wiser.

Maybe an ex-lover who couldn't take no for an answer.

;)

Whats your next of the woods in Deutschland like for violent crime M?

Stabbings, shootings galore? Much of the UK is like this. Too many gangs.

My advise is walk down your drive with a base ball bat and start smashing the car up. If the guy gets out say right i will start on you now if you dont Fu%% of.
Or simply take a camara with you take is photo and say any thing happens ere and I will find you and kill you.
Let the person know that you will not be F%%ked about with.
If these thugs see fear they will react.
If your health is not up to this or you not got the bottle , simply clamp his car whilest on your drive and let the police deal with it.

Sorry Im not a violent person, however under no curcumstances will i let myself or my family feel interigated by thugs.

If this is serious then you are a nutter.
Get some help mate.....