market direction

pretty good run up in cable from that buy zone i talked about earlier, although natty gass just got smashed undoing all of yesterdays gains

great day for corn today, pound tested yesterdays lows and was rejected, live cattle big gap up but was a good selling point if u ask me, euro more sideways to slightly negative..natty gas down aswell on the day

yesterday someone i consider to be a good techincal trader (if there is such a thing :p) said to me he thought corn had no where to go but down on a technical basis. a shining example of why TA isn't all that, i know why corn went up today and why i was expecting it to go up, but the chart didn't know!

obviously this market could get humped for the rest of the week, we will have to wait and see

Last edited:
when i say i "knew" i mean i knew it was highly probable corn would move higher

and no im not going to reveal why, people can work it out for them selves when they take off the blinkers of TA like i had to

i dont want to get to ahead of myself we still have 2 more days trading to do, but i would say today was a pretty positive outcome in corn

i offloaded my oil pos today, at 86.50, think oil will have peaked for a week or so, i wouldnt go shorting it though

i find it intresting that not many people participate in this thread, perhaps because there are no pretty indicators?

im watchin :). so far it looks as if you wait for markets to go to extreme levels on way or another and fade that...buying at lows and shorting at highs... or nat

kinda yeh but not quite as simple as that, crude i bought at the highs though few weeks ago

well you don't use pin bars :) . you said you know people in the pits too? is that a large part of your edge?
btw how much do you have to have to play in the pits?

the closest thing i will give away is this. i trade bubbles. bubbles happen in all speculative markets wether it is over a few days, months, years, decades. its all the principle.

this is how a bubble works, it can be applied to ANY market.

it goes,

Insiders buy
Profesionals buy
more profesionals buy
retail trders buy
idiots buy

insiders sell
pros sell
more pros sell
retails traders/idiots sell -> insiders buy. and so the bubble starts again

you can imagine this on a big bubble arch, i just cba to draw one!

its all about know how to find this :)

bubble-lifecycle.gif

closest thing i could find on google image! cept this is more for long term bubbles, but same principles apply

you look at the COT report? options maybe? or maybe you can tell the future...of futures...(zomgz get it?)

that's a cool chart.

hmm i got a plan; find a defined idiot, not an EXPERT, and fade his trades ;)

knowing how bubbles work isnt enough, you need to know WHO the insiders are and WHY are they buying/selling..this is key! and the insiders arnt always who you might think they are especially in commodity markets ;)