Index Trading April 23 - April 27

This morning I have:

[email protected] [email protected]

That gives me +12 points less 88p comm for each order total of £109.44.

I see a weakening in the US futures but who knows if it will last or not.

US GDP figures out later today so that is bound to lead to volatility.

My guess is FTSE Jun Fut will see 6425 the bottom bollinger on my daily chart think this will equate to around 6410 on the cash.

It might fall harder but if it does go down there and show some strength it might be another good entry.

Just my thoughts

Stephen McCreedy

This daily chart shows support coming in around 20 points below current levels and that point would also make quite a handy turn round based on rising support from the last two lows that also hit the lower boll.

The market looks like it is 'rolling over' to me with RSI and MACD falling too.

I won't be pre empting it but wouldn't be surprised for the FTSE to give up the ghost later, maybe based on US GDP.

At the same time wouldn't be surprised to see sharp fall and all losses recouped by the end of the day.

It is tough to call but for me a fall looks more likely.

Stephen McCreedy

Attachments

• ftse.jpg
    ftse.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 178
Well bottom daily boll has been hit at 6425 (Jun Fut) as I thought, it might be a tentativ buy here if you believe in backing the trend, in fact any sign of strength could be bought with the a stop below the low of the day.

Personally I'm done for the day so won't be playing but my view is 6400 Fut / 6375 cash isn't out of the question for the end of the day 30 points below where we are now. In saying that 6500 / 6475 wouldn't be crzy either.

This is whipsaw country and I'm out of here.

Pleased to see my predicted fall materialise, an order to buy at the bottom boll would have shown a profit of around 15 points at best, now around 7 to the good.

Stephen McCreedy

Attachments

• ftse.jpg
    ftse.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 179