Index Trading April 23 - April 27

You're right, it's a bit boring at present. They know where the stops are. That is why the price moves up after you close out. I don't use stops on the market unless I leave the computer, then it is mandatory, IMO.

Split

Splitlink said:
You're right, it's a bit boring at present. They know where the stops are. That is why the price moves up after you close out. I don't use stops on the market unless I leave the computer, then it is mandatory, IMO.

Split

I am trying to second guess ahead of gilt edged confirmation on my indicators. Hence 1 Lose and a scramble out at a break even. I knew after I had opened the long @89 that it was the WRONG move. As soon as I saw 90 on the board I took it.

Well, got 10 points and the other half is sitting just below b/even.. I thought we might have got a better drop - around 90 - 95. still time yet though.

ian said:
Well, got 10 points and the other half is sitting just below b/even.. I thought we might have got a better drop - around 90 - 95. still time yet though.

Well done....going short was the right move this morning. Hence you are up and I am down. FTSE is on a down trend so I would say your other short is safe as houses !!

I get 6494 as R1so its holding so far - a drop through that level may get the gap closed to around 70 ish.

Still fighting with R1 which is approx yesterdays high...

Last edited:
ceydababy said:
out of interest are you using a pivot point calculator to get your Pivot R1,R2,R3 + S1 etc etc ??

I use Sierra charts, they have a tool that draws the pivot points automatically. Sometimes the levels differ from other pivot calculators that are available but not usually by much - nothing is ever 100% any way.

anyone got some ideas for this afternoons action ? I am going to trade it how I see it. I have been on the sidelines since I lost my 6 point hit. I am looking to recoup and make some ££

Will post my move on here