Imc Pacific Tests

Hi guys,

one last question, do you guys remember how many trades have you guys trade in total? Just to get a sense as to whether I traded too ofter without being able to control the delta?

I thought everyone has the same issue with the need of taking the expensive trade in order hedge the delta at the very last trade. Maybe that's the reason I was asked to do the test again. But if you guys can confirm me how many trades have you done and how many calls from the broker (appx.) have been rejected by you would be lovely.

Also, any one of you know of anyone else who need to re-do the test or something like that? I'm so nervous cause i still had no idea of what did I do wrong that make me have to do the test again.

Thanks very much for your info in advance guys!

Hi guys

Does the IMC pacific test differ from the test invitation sent by Amsterdam office? What is Junior Trader-Strategist?? I don't remember I applied for this role? anyone applied for this role?? What is the very first round shl numerical test like??? It is the same with normal IB shl numerical test?? And if you passed the shl numerical test, there would be a subsequent shl verbal test???

Many thanks!!

Hi guys

Does the IMC pacific test differ from the test invitation sent by Amsterdam office? What is Junior Trader-Strategist?? I don't remember I applied for this role? anyone applied for this role?? What is the very first round shl numerical test like??? It is the same with normal IB shl numerical test?? And if you passed the shl numerical test, there would be a subsequent shl verbal test???

Many thanks!!

The SHL test comes in 3 tests together, the numerical, verbal and logical. This 3 tests are called the stage 1.

The SHL test comes in 3 tests together, the numerical, verbal and logical. This 3 tests are called the stage 1.

Thank you very much. Currently they only said I should complete an SHL numerical test, and after I completed this numerical test they will tell me ths result within 5 working days. So only if I should pass the numerical I could proceed to do the verbal test? Similarly, then move to the subsequent logic?

Last edited:
Hi ,

Can anybody share more info on the Speed dating and Maket Making test?

Speed dating - rapid fire interview, what type of questions did they ask? Derivative ?
Market Making test - only an arithmetic test , 40 Qs in 45 mins?

Thanks,
Eric

hi guys

I just took the tests here in hk - the speed dating is as Harmeetsg figured... kind of a rapid fire interview. In the hk office case we have 3 people interviewing you, and they ask questions and expect clear and precise answers (whole process is ~10mins)... that's all to it.
As for the MM test, it's just arithmetic... a test to see how well u do math in your brain right at the spot, might be a little pressed on the time.

Overall I think the test was challenging but it's do-able.

Good Luck you all,
J.Y.

HI, i want to know the test is a MC test or not, it means i can choose from 4-5 choice?

Need advice

Hihi so did you find out what speed dating and market maker test is?

Hi,

I have gone through stage 1 of IMc test-> the 3 test (verbal, numerical and logic). I am going to stage 2 soon. According to the Human resources department from IMC, stage 2 is speed dating and market maker test. What is speed dating? How is the market maker test being conducted?

I took the speed dating and market making tests today....speed dating was tough, missed a few. Market making was very easy, finished well before time. Not very optimistic overall :(, so good luck to everyone!

Anyone got an invite to the final round? Do they let everyone know the results or only those who are selected?

i went to their interview in HK and i found their HR manager is just too bitchy! she never respects me and she just thinks she is so smart.... the traders are much nicer!
anyways, the speed dating test was quick only last for 15 mins and just very ganeral questions and some maths/logic questions. if you can make to the final round, you will have a chance to go to their office and have a feel on the trading floor. honestly, their trading floor is not as cool as other trading firms i have been to.

Hi all!
This is my first post. I've been invited for a final round interviews with IMC Asia Pacific in HK. I am too happy they took the risk to invite me and pay the plane ticket (PAris - HK) just for interviews...

Do you guys have any tips or idea about what would the tests look? (especially Broker tests, Marketmakers test and trading simulation)

I am really excited to go there but I don't know how to prepare for those interviews..

thanks a lot!

im going to the speed dating test this friday, glad that they invited me though im a fresh graduate.
i wonder if anyone got hired by them here? hows the work like? hows the pay and hour?
thanks guys.