Imc Pacific Tests

The HR said there are around 20 in HK final round, if my memory doesn't go wrong.

3 from Beijing and you are back from another country? The recruitment is so competitive......

I got no idea on the details of the tests. Maybe they changed the test a lot...? The 2nd round is not like last year indeed.

yeh....

Hi onblue_3,

The Speed Dating seems to be quite intense. Was it technical or based on your education?

Best of Luck for the final round!!

hi guys

I just took the tests here in hk - the speed dating is as Harmeetsg figured... kind of a rapid fire interview. In the hk office case we have 3 people interviewing you, and they ask questions and expect clear and precise answers (whole process is ~10mins)... that's all to it.
As for the MM test, it's just arithmetic... a test to see how well u do math in your brain right at the spot, might be a little pressed on the time.

Overall I think the test was challenging but it's do-able.

Good Luck you all,
J.Y.

Thanks! And regarding the speed dating... I would say both... but nothing really in depth given the time constraint.

J.Y.

Hi onblue_3,

The Speed Dating seems to be quite intense. Was it technical or based on your education?

Best of Luck for the final round!!

Hey guys.. I didn't hear from IMC yet... Has anyone got msg from IMC already?... If so I don't need to wait anymore...=.=

I'm also waiting for their response. It looks like we've got most of the candidates in here . LOL.

By the way, do you guys think the simulation and broker test is fun? How did you guys performed in the broker test? When the broker called, do you just buy calls /puts from them when it's lower than the price you see on the price sheet? And when they sell, do you just buy from them only when the price is below the price shown on the sheet?

As for the simulation, what did you guys base on when making a trade? Did you go short right after the oil futures rise? I lost totally at the end without any good reason for it. The only thing that I'm pretty sure is that when the price of the stock is at 7, it'll rebound for a bit due to technical analysis

How have you guys done on the tests above?

Last edited:
Hi guys, I received a call from IMC and I failed.

For broker test, as you said, I only did profitable trades at the beginning. Then I realized I was seriously over my risk limit in the middle of test. Finally, I can only accept any losing offers so as to reduce my risk level...

For simulation, at the end I just work on arbitrage... LOL

Hi guys, I received a call from IMC and I failed.

For broker test, as you said, I only did profitable trades at the beginning. Then I realized I was seriously over my risk limit in the middle of test. Finally, I can only accept any losing offers so as to reduce my risk level...

For simulation, at the end I just work on arbitrage... LOL

Hi

So you mean that even you have offer or not, they still call the candidates in advance.
For the broker test, I did very bad. Although I am sure that all of the trade were profitable and within the risk limit, I wrote the wrong Delta in everyrow.
For simulation, I got serious loss in the very beginning. Then, I keep on short the market. Earn a little bit in the end.

Actually, on the phone I am sure I failed, but I am not sure how many ppl satisfied their requirement, maybe none.

I don't know whether each of us will receive a call. I got the call at around 12:00.

I have the net Delta column blanked for the whole game (too nervous). I adjusted my risk level just by inspiration. ^_^

I got around -$2,500 at the end, coz my size of arbitrage is too small......

So did you receive any call Jctuen?

I just got a call from them - and they have me to go back to their office one more time. They said that I need to do the test again... and see 2 more people..

I don't know how do you guys think of the ppl. in there.
I'd think that their IT is also very professional. So it probably wasn't a bad a idea if she ask us to consider alternative position.

Risk management wasn't bad too I think. They probably won't care about experience. They're hiring us to learn.

I'm running out of ideas on why I needa do the test again..
I thought the broker test was simply profit taking process - like if the broker called in with a call to sell to me, I just buy from it if the price is lower than the one shown on my sheet / sell to him if the price is higher than that on my sheet.

Is it how it works?
Can somebody help?

For the broker test, there are two objectives, to take profits and to limit your risk level.

Profit taking is easy, by just comparing brokers' price with your theoretical price. But I am not doing well in the risk control.

Feel free to give comments on risk management.

So if the broker said that he has a call- buy order to fill, I should only take those trades with his quoted price higher than the theoretical price on my sheet, correct?

I need to think about what did I do wrong I guess..

I guess risk management need to monitor the trader's account throughout the day to see if they've over traded. If you really like to be a trader, it wasn't bad to start at RM. As the first rule for the trade is to control risk even when the market is swinging.

Any comments on the broker test are welcome.~~