Imc Pacific Tests

hi guys,

I am in HK and i have heard from them just today (6th). Same question as klumtham, what will the speed dating be like? The name of the test really intrigues me... though i can not imagine how "speed dating" can be a test...

thanks in advance for answers
J.Y.

hi guys,

I am in HK and i have heard from them just today (6th). Same question as klumtham, what will the speed dating be like? The name of the test really intrigues me... though i can not imagine how "speed dating" can be a test...

thanks in advance for answers
J.Y.

Yea I also heard got email regarding Speed dating though I am in US so only phne interview..i think its like rapid fire questions not sure this is only my guess..they used a term from the process of speed dating in which the girl and guy meets for 8-10 mins and ask some quetions and decide whether to continue meeting or not ...smthing like tht.

Any inputs are welcomed.

Thanks,
Harmeet

Yea I also heard got email regarding Speed dating though I am in US so only phne interview..i think its like rapid fire questions not sure this is only my guess..they used a term from the process of speed dating in which the girl and guy meets for 8-10 mins and ask some quetions and decide whether to continue meeting or not ...smthing like tht.

Any inputs are welcomed.

Thanks,
Harmeet

Aye that seems possible... so it may be in fact more like a twist to the normal interviews (faster) we go through than an actual "test"? I was guessing it to be some kind of mini-game... *shrug

Thanks for the input
J.Y.

Speed dating sounds a programming test. It makes sence that MM requires decent C++ Java alike oop skills.

Aye that seems possible... so it may be in fact more like a twist to the normal interviews (faster) we go through than an actual "test"? I was guessing it to be some kind of mini-game... *shrug

Thanks for the input
J.Y.

Mini game i think you can expect for market maker test..if you are in HK you shud be prepared for that..

secondly, i dun think they require C++ skills ..is it mention somewhere in job posting that you shud have C++ skills ..

Harmeet.

From Klumtham's post, stage 2 includes both Speed Dating and MM test. I guess Speed Date would just be a pure interview and all questions (maths problems i guess) would be done in the MM test.

Guys, can you tell us about it when you've completed it?

yeah, we would appreciate if there is someone in HK who has gone through both interview and MM test let us know the format of MM test..in particular, is it a theory paper based test or is it kind of a trading simulation test..?
thanks a ton....

hi guys

I just took the tests here in hk - the speed dating is as Harmeetsg figured... kind of a rapid fire interview. In the hk office case we have 3 people interviewing you, and they ask questions and expect clear and precise answers (whole process is ~10mins)... that's all to it.
As for the MM test, it's just arithmetic... a test to see how well u do math in your brain right at the spot, might be a little pressed on the time.

Overall I think the test was challenging but it's do-able.

Good Luck you all,
J.Y.

Thanks for your input. I wonder why would they call it a Market Maker test if it is just arithmetical test. Is the difficulty of the market maker test similar to the numerical test that was given by IMC through SHL about 2 weeks ago? Is this arithmetical test something like a pizza test that grant_3103 mentioned? So, there is nothing about calculating the delta,vega of an options in this MM test right? since it is just an arithmetical test...

As for the interview, what sort of questions do they ask you? is it something like what's your previous experience etc..?

Thanks

Hi linology,

Am sorry I am not doing much to answer your question (looking up the term in relation to Market making didnt help much)....and posing one of my own

SInce you have proceeded to the MM test, u must have cleared the Numerical Reasoning, Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning tests.
Can you recollect the kind of questions that appeared on them?
Conscious of the subjectiveness......Did you find yourself pressed for time?
Any negative marking scheme?

Any info will be greatly appreciated.

best

Hi abhi,
I was kind of pressed for time, however, there is no negative marking scheme, so i need to guess for those that i am uncertain and move along. Basically for numerical u need to look at graph/charts, verbal is mainly understanding of english, and logical is very much IQ based.

Hi everyone,

I have also applied to IMC HK and received an invitation for speed dating; however, I still haven't received any confirmation regarding the interview date and time. By the way, I reside outside of HK, so the interview will be conducted thru phone. Does anyone here experience a similar situation as me? or Has everyone already got a confirmation? Your response is very much appreciated. Thanks a lot and good luck with you all.

Hi everyone,

I have also applied to IMC HK and received an invitation for speed dating; however, I still haven't received any confirmation regarding the interview date and time. By the way, I reside outside of HK, so the interview will be conducted thru phone. Does anyone here experience a similar situation as me? or Has everyone already got a confirmation? Your response is very much appreciated. Thanks a lot and good luck with you all.

out of interest do you have family or somewhere to already stay in HK if you get the job or do IMC sort out accomodation, also how are you suppose to do stuff like the maths tests just over the phone

hi guys

hope u all did well in the second round, and as it was in the past, I am starting to prepare for the final round interview (in case I do get invited and I believe my chances are quite good) anyway I heard from them that it will be a whole day process with intensive interviews and trading simulation etc. any idea what the simuation will be like? I am guessing it will be something like giving quotes to traders... not sure...

any input will be very much appreciated
J.Y.

Hi all,

I received the invitation from IMC today for the final round interview... and as it turned out there will be a broker test in addition to the interview and trading simulation. Anyone else got invited and like to share some ideas?

J.Y.

Hi all,

I received the invitation from IMC today for the final round interview... and as it turned out there will be a broker test in addition to the interview and trading simulation. Anyone else got invited and like to share some ideas?

J.Y.

Hey buddy I got the same email today.. But seriously I have no idea what the broker test/ simulation test is gonna be like... In addition, there is said to be a company presentation? what's that??

Anyone who had gone through the final stage with IMC, pls help us=) Very much appreicated.!:)

Congratulations for making to final stage. I was not as smart as you, so i fail the SHL test at stage 1. However, just out of curiosity, do you mind to tell me what to expect for market maker test? for example, what is the format of the test? Does it test derivatives knowledge etc..? Also, what sort of questions did they ask you for interview?

Thanks a ton...

Congratulations for making to final stage. I was not as smart as you, so i fail the SHL test at stage 1. However, just out of curiosity, do you mind to tell me what to expect for market maker test? for example, what is the format of the test? Does it test derivatives knowledge etc..? Also, what sort of questions did they ask you for interview?

Thanks a ton...

Hey there.. Sorry I didn't take the mm test actually as I m based outside HK. I will take the test along with the final interview stuff together this Sat. in HK.

GL wiht your job hunting/!

The market maker test is indeed 40 arithmetic questions in 45 minutes, with the hardest part as some 3-digit-by-2-digit multiplications. No tests on derivative knowledge at all.

The interview is just standard, but short. It's around 10 minutes.

I am also lucky to reach the final stage. So, perhaps we ll meet there on Sat.

The market maker test is indeed 40 arithmetic questions in 45 minutes, with the hardest part as some 3-digit-by-2-digit multiplications. No tests on derivative knowledge at all.

The interview is just standard, but short. It's around 10 minutes.

I am also lucky to reach the final stage. So, perhaps we ll meet there on Sat.

Thanks Nairbrian for the information!

Do you have any idea how many people are going 2 the final? As far as I know there are 3 people flying from Beijing to the final.

Also, do you know what the broker test/simulation test is gonna be like? I guess the broker test is the phone broker quoting one mentioned by some others in this thread? And the simulation test is the pizza one??

The HR said there are around 20 in HK final round, if my memory doesn't go wrong.

3 from Beijing and you are back from another country? The recruitment is so competitive......

I got no idea on the details of the tests. Maybe they changed the test a lot...? The 2nd round is not like last year indeed.