IMC Pacific online test

xbios

By reading threads in this forum, i found that IMC Pacific's online test (stage 1 in the hiring process) consists of 3 assessments: a numerical, a verbal, and a diagram test.

However, i have received an invitation email from IMC to do the online test recently and the email said that the test will take about 20 minutes. Will this 20 min test include all 3 assessments mentioned above? or will this test only involve the numerical test?

Thank you very much for any opinions.:)

I applied at IMC amsterdam this summer and first needed to do a 20 min numerical test. If you pass this online test you need to do the three tests that you describe.

hi xbios,

even i received an invitation for the test. and i am confused about the contents of the test as well.
what are you using for preparing for the test? it might be a good idea if we could discuss about the test?

@derruk: how was the test for imc-amsterdam and what was your result? did they tell you your scores or how your performance was like?

thanks,
shiri

Shiri,

IMC did not tell me the exact result, just that i paased and could continue to the next round. The test is about interpreting graphs and tables. Just google numerical test and you will find some examples.

cheers

hi derruk,

i got an email from IMC amsterdam today saying they would like to speak with me for the Junior Trader-Strategist position. can u guide me as to what you were asked in your interview?? they have asked me for some time tomorrow so it would be great if you could reply at the earliest.

thanks!

The phone interview is very informal and takes about 15 minutes. Just tell them why u want to be a trader and why u want to work for IMC. So it's mainly based on your motivation