IMC Amsterdam - online Math test

shiri

Hi all,

I received an e-mail today from IMC Amsterdam asking me to appear for an online test. The description from the e-mail is as follows:

"In reference to your application for Junior Trader-Strategist, we would like to ask you to take the following on-line test. This test will measure your numerical skills. When you successfully complete this test you will receive an invitation for a second round in the application procedure."

I had been going through this forum and noticed a lot of threads from people who, either this or the previous year, have been asked to take the same test for similar positions at IMC. Unfortunately, there were little or no replies to these posts.

My questions are as follows:
1. Some details of the test: type of questions asked, no. of questions and time allotted for the same. The email mentions that I will have 30 minutes for completing the test but says nothing of the no./type of questions. Also, if you are able to recall, some sample questions from the IMC test.

2. Whether it is just simple arithmetic or does the test have spatial/logical ability questions too?

3. How should I prepare for it?

I just completed my graduate degree in Engineering and have been looking for full-time opportunities as I think I might find a good fit given the mathematical background of my degree.

Awaiting replies.
thanks,
shiri

Last edited:
Hey Shiri, I'm just wondering since no one replied to your post, could you tell me what the exam consisted of? I'm planning to do it so I'm thinking if you can give me some info regarding the test. Thanks!