Imc Pacific Tests

Final interviews process: fun, fun and fun :)
Simulation (outcry), Broker test and trading simulation...
Don't even know how to handle those tests...
Pleassssse Help!!

same here...any help from experienced buddies here?
or any IMC traders here?
hehehe

Hello Everybody,

After having taken the SHL numerical test, just got a call for motivation! related phone interview with IMC Amsterdam office.

Could you please guide me as whats the process like from here on?

Thank you my friend

Hello Everybody,

After having taken the SHL numerical test, just got a call for motivation! related phone interview with IMC Amsterdam office.

Thank you my friend

Hey, do you know how good you have to perform on the SHL test? I have to take it soon, and I'm preparing it (maybe too much?)

Thanks

I'm aware that this is probably a bit of a late response, but I did the tests, got full marks and got the job.

So that's the ballpark you should probably be looking at.

mind sharing the test u had?

hi. can i ask

um... are there techincal question in your first interview?

in the 30 min written test, are there hard division questions?

and what are the 5 and 10 minute tests about?

hey guys,

I have a final round interview with IMC in Sydney on the 30th of October. the girl on the phone said that there will be a 'broker simulation'. does anyone know what this entails? and the best way to prepare?

cheers

hey guys,

I have a final round interview with IMC in Sydney on the 30th of October. the girl on the phone said that there will be a 'broker simulation'. does anyone know what this entails? and the best way to prepare?

cheers

hey,

according to this thread its basically a simulation of what you'd actually do on the job. not too sure on how you'd prepare for that other than maybe come up with plans i.e. how you going to hedge or arbitrage your positions.

by the way did you do the 'speed date' and 2nd round assessments? if so do you have any tips or suggestions on how to prep for it? (i'm applying for the position in hong kong)

thanks

oh...in that case, i am screwed. no idea about hedging and stuff. i thought that's what the 5 week training was for!

i dont think i did the 'speed dating' in the sydney office. we just had one interview with a trader and an HR with general questions. and 3 maths tests. 40 min, a 30 and 5. pretty much brush up on speed math and you'll be fine.

thanks justintor86.

ive applied for the one in HK. is the interview with trader/ hr a 10mins one? any technical questions, or behaviorial q like 'describe a situation when you encountered huge stress''?

what is the difference for the 40min, 30 and 5 tests? and level of difficulty?

from other threads, the broker test is like quoting the bid/offer when asked by brokers, and keep it within risk limit.

nah the HR interview is pretty straight forward. only about 15 mins. just be clear why you want to be a trader.

as for the maths test, there's a sequences and series test (30) a general maths test (7) and a mental arithmetic test (40) which is ridiculously hard. you're not allowed to show working or change your answers either.

reckon you could paste the links of the other threads here?

cheers

Hello Everybody,

Thank you my friend

hello
I'm invited for the interview in IMC Amsterdam. could you recall some of the questions they ask and also what I should be expecting?
The HR told me it is just a one hour interview with her, but she didn't mention any math test or something.

Thank you

nah the HR interview is pretty straight forward. only about 15 mins. just be clear why you want to be a trader.

as for the maths test, there's a sequences and series test (30) a general maths test (7) and a mental arithmetic test (40) which is ridiculously hard. you're not allowed to show working or change your answers either.

reckon you could paste the links of the other threads here?

cheers

hello there
I have my second round of interview and I think I will have the same things. How difficult are the questions? can you give more info on them. the second question is that did she ask you some math questions verbally?
could you write down some calculations or were you not allowed to write anything?
Im so stressed out and I think you could see it in my questions :D
did u get the job at the end?