FX Trading May 21-25

Cable at 2.000 and above will happen

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
hope its finally turned.
Stochs (21,10,20) turned down on 30-mins.
ideally, a pull-back on the (5,3,3,) to OB and fall, to form the Jimmer pattern.
(but I am already in, but it would be good to see the pattern)

EDIT: I like a_gnomes channel viewpoint.

Downside, test and possible break point 1.9685/90, or if a range day possible end of any downmove if its gets there of course.

Cable is crossing the Pivot @ 9714 and the S1 is 9675 just couple of points of yesterdays low. The bias is down but a very narrow trading channel so far. Time for a brew.

I have taken the short at 9729, based on the doji on the 30 Min chart. Have a tight stop at 9745 representing a breakout of the mornings action. On the downside, Im looking for a close under 9712 to open up 9615-9630 region

my target has changed slightly Im now looking to take most of position off at 615 and will run the rest to 581 where I will turn

hmm well, according to me the second entry for a short was that pullback to 1.9720/23 , if i wasnt in then thats whats flagged to me to get in. stop wise 1.9738.

So in theory test for new lows from here on. Lets see what happens.

Although, its TIGHT :)

very tricky, closed short 19729, now long 1.9725. eeesssh. I read a threat to shorts now, but will we get a value long entry from here? circa 1.9710 ish? dunno so gone long up at these levels 1.9725. I held out for my short but its flipped.

at the current market performance every entry is 50% right, though the hard tight SL advised

got stopped -19pps, shall wait for another short after 9755

at the current market performance every entry is 50% right, though the hard tight SL advised

I don't know :rolleyes: but when ever I look at cable I feel bullish today.

Target of 1.9740 just reached but I've been out since 1.9715. Really should have stuck to my position.

I feel we will be touching 1.9760 today and then perhaps a little drop.

Somethings don't add up though and a little uneasiness with the markets. SPX and DOW still high and gold loking off colour. Oil is at 66.61 too so can't understand how or why markets taking this so well.

Contradictory signals for direction as to where cable will go.

imo, indeces to dive and cable to rise... Given that 1.97 has held and 1.9740 is breached we have some more progress up today.

Still out at the mo. Looking for a little dip to go long again. :)

I will wait for a short. still only see higher highs and higher lows, but weakening. 9745 looks like an ideal place to short.

got connectivity issues between brain and finger. :LOL:

didnt place an order, so not filled. what a pity:cry:

EDIT: definitely not my day. all these mistakes seem to give a signal: STAY OUT! Which I will follow.

good luck all of you who trade today.

j

Cable has been able to regain the 1.9700 level and continued to trade above overnight. This has confirmed yesterday's outlook that Cable will take on a more positive note and a move higher will be the way forward. I took this view early this morning and have adjusted my positions accordingly (at around 6 am) Overall I will be looking for a move to the 1.9820 level. Though not necessarily in a single move.

My thoughts only…

Cable has been steady with good progressive upward momentum. We now have the 1.9750 levels within easy reach. Cable should from this level continue upward with a more aggressive buying program throughout the US session targeting the 1.9800 level by the close.

too much tension: SL for my 1.9725 at 55. ( risking away my +30 from yesterday )

I cant concentrate on my reading either.

I got indication for 9766 as todays High and 9677 as todays low with a downward bias so I shall wait for more cofirmation to go short ia accordance with MACD histogram on 1hr chart

Currently short @ 34 wondering if I should kill it or not..................
Come on guys help rav out for once :)

If we are being prudent we should cut out and take a loss, if its there. Whilst its a small one.

Or if your are bearish, hold short, bullish, reverse. unsure ? get flat. acknowledging we dont know the best position to be with, therefore no position makes sense.

Hi Rav.

Its not easy today is it?

I am biased towards the upside, I wouldn’t like to say your wrong being short (because who really knows) I am certainly not in the business of giving signals or market calls. But I am pretty confident for a move higher today especially between 4 and 5 o’clock.

But what ever you decide, I hope you are successful with the trade.

If we are being prudent we should cut out and take a loss, if its there. Whilst its a small one.

Or if your are bearish, hold short, bullish, reverse. unsure ? get flat. acknowledging we dont know the best position to be with, therefore no position makes sense.

Now, im referring to the personal, but what I mean is can we read what the market is, bullish or bearish. I try to take my own personal wants on price targets etc out of the equation, so im not holding or hoping for any price. In that sense its not up to me but the market to decide and I have to learn to read it and seek to position with it.

Hence I rolled my short 29, reversed long at 25, because thats what I read, not my decision the markets. Tight range, but seeing no reason for me to get short yet. I might have to ,but not yet , hence hold long and watch.