Fx 2008

Yes very helpful post re Fixing, I often think what procedures the banks must get involved in/or attempt to. Love the track n field imagery. lol :) do they break a sweat ?

Well this is how my first couple finished off, +102 on the first +59 on the short. X marks the spot is what i hoped they would loft the price upto at that time for the reversal short. But I had to get trade on.

Although it did advance south from the reversal entry , you can see the steps up, drawing against my short to retest the high,(maybe track n fields into 1600?:LOL:) dont always pan out sweet from the off but the jet stream was suggesting hold short. Eventually it panned out, Although in the twilight zone now see if we get some lift off 730 .

monday2cp0.png

Anyone know how long they are gonna be grilling marvellous Merv King for.... ? Does he get a set time on the griddle.?

:) cheers Gamma thought they might of worked to set limits. And yeah I do get the sense these enquirers ,well ,are they skilled enough to ask the right questions ? I mean sometimes I get the feeling they are just going through the motions. Mervs feathers not even ruffled. Not that they should be maybe, but you feel the sting of someone trying to "get one on him" but he glides off the ropes.

Well done Merv. Quite slick.

Well did you see the one last year focused on Northern Rock? Trust me - a lot of adjectives sprang to mind but slick wasn't one of 'em.

lol , ok. I mainly saw the "Rock heads" being laid into. They could of been bayonetted on live TV. The people would of been happy with that I think.

**** me!

What a week not to trade cable and concentrate on others he says, kicking himself wildly! damn :eek:

**** me!

What a week not to trade cable and concentrate on others he says, kicking himself wildly! damn :eek:

I missed it too....
...had a good round though

may be some action on the EURO shortly:D

Whats holding GBPJPY up @ 206.70 ? can someone sell a lot to get this thing to tank south.

You can run but you cant hide!

While we are playing the waiting game and things are progressing at this time...

I had this thought the other day with BiG BOYS trading and bluffs and tricks... its this.

You can run the price but you cant hide the trend ! (int.)

But I think people are drawn on the run at times and I assume this is to fuel demand/supply (as the case may be) to enable continuation.

edit.

But what I dont like about that comment or FX in general ,is that there is a lot (??) of non speculative money /trades coming into the market. BUT to counter that (speculators) concern , and to muddy the pot further, big traders possibly(absolutely) manipulating the prices to profit from the non speculative money.

So hopefully it should balance out. And one can focus on trading FX from a purely speculative point of view. But be on the look out for the odd seismic (& sizemic) activity that defies conventional speculation analysis. After you have been steam rollered, go & get drunk on those nights!

Last edited:
Frickin' hell.

More spikes on the GBPUSD. a 70+ pip range this morning.

Although trend for me was indeterminate for me ( was SHORT, but action showed trend-change on the cards to RANGING or LONG), it snapped down to 1.9720 or so, and immediately whipped back up to 1.9790 and beyond.

only consolation is that I have no trade on and am waiting for direction to establish, but the range TOP/BOTTOM is too wide for decent stops.

Looks like I may have to wait a long time for a decent signal, and am not trading the Friday afternoon. Shame really, as GBPUSD was choppy y'day morning, but then gave a good, gentle, down-drift followed by an accelerating run down at lunchtime, which was perfect for me to jump on-board.

As usual, EURJPY behaving itself.

hope you have a good afternoon and weekend.

Who nicked all the EJ traders then? Its like they all went on holiday together for the last 3 weeks?! :eek:

when does the US session start and end?

just been looking at charts, and my euro-session ends at 2pm, what with me thinking that the US should be waking up around that time.

but, a visual scan is showing the euro-sessions having greater volatility than the US, for quite some time. you do get the odd day when the US has big range, but here again, its a continuation of a big euro move.

(scanning the EURJPY and GBPUSD only)

am I seeing things? does this mean my trading day is done by 2-pm?
are the europeans the prime movers?

Personally, my 2 strats incorporate one; 200 and stop, and the other runs all week. Because I like to swing :eek: and catch 90% of all the trends, I pay little attention to time of day as tests have shown that the trend can change equally at any time of day, and does, thus, I have to be ready to press a button at any time of day.

Naturally though, for EJ, I'd say the US has little impact on its movement despite its correlation with the UJ.

Mind you, for the last 3 weeks, EJ has died a death and no session has produced any excitement.

Of course Trendie, it all depends how many pips you want/need.

Personally, my 2 strats incorporate one; 200 and stop, and the other runs all week. Because I like to swing :eek: and catch 90% of all the trends, I pay little attention to time of day as tests have shown that the trend can change equally at any time of day, and does, thus, I have to be ready to press a button at any time of day.

Naturally though, for EJ, I'd say the US has little impact on its movement despite its correlation with the UJ.

Mind you, for the last 3 weeks, EJ has died a death and no session has produced any excitement.

Of course Trendie, it all depends how many pips you want/need.

thats weird, because I am finding the EURJPY is more reliable for me!

I used to have a 30-min strat that operated anytime of day, but I found it hard-going, what with the waiting. I am finding a definite time to start and when to finish gives me more focus. Around the afternoon, the pressure is off, and I can coast, rather than being "on-call" all day for triggers.

the 5-min strat, (a variation on the 30-min) gives me about 4-6 triggers per day per chart. (7am-4pm). so I do get some bites. but the tail-end, 2-4pm seems choppy and costs me, hence the 2pm end.

as I say, weird we can look at the same chart and view it differently.

how many pips? I find 20 a day per chart is acheiveable and conservative.

thats weird, because I am finding the EURJPY is more reliable for me!

I've just had the worst 3 weeks so far this year. EJ appears to have had the life sucked out of it and started to change its ways IMO.

I used to have a 30-min strat that operated anytime of day, but I found it hard-going, what with the waiting. I am finding a definite time to start and when to finish gives me more focus. Around the afternoon, the pressure is off, and I can coast, rather than being "on-call" all day for triggers.

the 5-min strat, (a variation on the 30-min) gives me about 4-6 triggers per day per chart. (7am-4pm). so I do get some bites. but the tail-end, 2-4pm seems choppy and costs me, hence the 2pm end.

as I say, weird we can look at the same chart and view it differently.

how many pips? I find 20 a day per chart is acheiveable and conservative.

so many ways to skin a cat and whilst I side with GJ in that I can't trade anything under the hourly, each to their own if its working........

I'm expecting a usual average of 500 pips per week myself. Well, that was the average :()

Although EURJPY has always been a decent mover, it has definitely been on stroids since the credit crisis and all that. Expect it to calm down as people start to move away from the subprime fallout and risk aversion in general. The ECB guys are incorrigible hawks and they need to give all the inflation talk a rest and EURJPY will probably sell off some, along with EURUSD. Absent that, we are probably going to range for a bit.

A bit of a range never hurt anyone, has it?:)

In comparison to many weeks this year, I'd say we are well into a range already! :eek:

Although EURJPY has always been a decent mover, it has definitely been on stroids since the credit crisis and all that. Expect it to calm down as people start to move away from the subprime fallout and risk aversion in general. The ECB guys are incorrigible hawks and they need to give all the inflation talk a rest and EURJPY will probably sell off some, along with EURUSD. Absent that, we are probably going to range for a bit.

A bit of a range never hurt anyone, has it?:)

eurjpy has been highly correlated to spx. the current volatility contraction looking good for bulls on both and tf systems now long only. finely balanced at the moment imo, if we fall back into the ranges with range expansion, systems will flip to short bias fwiw

eurjpyspxoo5.gif

Nice movements on the Yens this morning.

Alway much smoother than cable and EU IMO.

Attachments

• yens.gif
    yens.gif
    46 KB · Views: 199
Last edited: