Futex 1st interview

lol :p yeah i know an excellent one :p its called Namaste :p they do not only Indian cuisine but also Nepalese :D and they do a fabulous Nepalese dish called momos which are similar to a chinese dumpling stuffed with a choice of lamb, chicken etc and are easy to eat at a trading desk and could be delivered if anyone would like to try them :p they also come with a fabulous momo sauce which i have a tendancy to eat with everything from toast to crisps etc :p

hello, been meaning to post a thread for a while now, had an interview with a well known spreadbetting firm couple of weeks ago was gonna ask for some advice about possible tests they were gonna conduct, didnt get the job anyway, still gutted about that.

been reading this thread from the begining. got an interview with Futex next week, havent done the tests, maybe they will pull a fast one and try to spring them on me when i get there, does it show initiative if a sneak a calculator in?

anyway, what can i expect when i get there? are they a mickey mouse outfit? not sure its worth my time going down, woking is quite far.

can i get similar training and get paid for it? financially, dont think i can be bothered to commute everyday and get paid peanuts for the next few months. Im not getting any younger and cant afford to waste 6-8 months of my life when i need to jump start my career.

Is the training that invaluable?? what doors will this open for me??

it will open the doors to

dollar drink girls sex big coins girls drink sex big P's girls drinks sex holidays drinks big dollar

and maybe a tiny amount of money if your any good ;)

LOL I would hope one is getting regular sex before they become a trader. :)

I am an outright futures trader, but I would never consider trading with futex.

I had an interview with futex not long ago and an eventual offer, but they wanted me to pay £5000 for the training, needless to say this raised too many alarm bells for me, along with their laughable group testing procedure, and what I considered to be a very naive attitude towards trading... "we are the best at trading futures, our floor has the edge, our training will make you a all singing all dancing big swinging dick in under 3 months..." it just seemed like a bit of a prank.

I had an interview with futex not long ago and an eventual offer, but they wanted me to pay £5000 for the training, needless to say this raised too many alarm bells for me, along with their laughable group testing procedure, and what I considered to be a very naive attitude towards trading... "we are the best at trading futures, our floor has the edge, our training will make you a all singing all dancing big swinging dick in under 3 months..." it just seemed like a bit of a prank.

They don't charge everyone for the training, perhaps you just weren't in the top tier of their recruits - training people is an expensive process.

As for the group testing, there are two rounds of individual interviews and a pyschometric analysis after that stage; almost every firm worth working for these days has an initial group test after application. Would you rather they tested 100 people a week individually?

There is a group testing procedure? They just give you tests, no?

There is a group testing procedure? They just give you tests, no?

Yeah you don't confer on answers or anything, it's just a bunch of you in the room at the same time. Which is how every firm, financial or otherwise, does it these days.

P.S With regard to the 'swinging dick' thing, I have had the group stage and the first interview so far, and at no point has anyone made any sort of reference to this sort of thing; quite the opposite in fact. When we sat down for the tests John made a point of telling us that anyone who thought they would be driving a Ferrari within a year or two were (most likely) dreaming, and that it would be 06.30-5 every day. He seemed genuinely enthusiastic about his role, and gave us the sense that they really look after their recruits there.

Although Futex is a good firm and you can do well there, they are like anyone else; if youre good they want you, so of course they are going to sell 'the dream' to you. One piece of advice I would give is take what they say with a pinch of salt, it is very hard supporting yourself on no wage, workout your costings, travel, food etc...

I wouldn't discourage anyone from following their dream, so best of luck (just be realistic!)

Although Futex is a good firm and you can do well there, they are like anyone else; if youre good they want you, so of course they are going to sell 'the dream' to you. One piece of advice I would give is take what they say with a pinch of salt, it is very hard supporting yourself on no wage, workout your costings, travel, food etc...

I wouldn't discourage anyone from following their dream, so best of luck (just be realistic!)

Do you still work there pelzar? Any tips for the final interview? :D On a serious note if you had time to elaborate on your experiences I'd appreciate it; if I get offered the gig I'll be moving down from up North, so any advice you can give would be great.

The money isn't a lot, but it's not a big deal; having no money and being in the classroom all day... sounds like uni again!!

Do you still work there pelzar? Any tips for the final interview? :D On a serious note if you had time to elaborate on your experiences I'd appreciate it; if I get offered the gig I'll be moving down from up North, so any advice you can give would be great.

The money isn't a lot, but it's not a big deal; having no money and being in the classroom all day... sounds like uni again!!

The only difference is that you won't get anymore innocent young lovelies to snog :p

and the pressure will be a lot more than the nonchalant uni days (at least in my case :LOL: )

Futex and indeed Futex Investment & Trading Academy do not ask for training costs to be paid by Futex Sponsored Candidates. I know the Academy will take on fee paying clients, but there is a fundamental difference between Futex Sponsorship and Self-Sponsorship.
I apologise if you were confused, but Futex sponsor talent and spend considerable time, effort, money and resources to back up that talent. We are sorry you found us naive, so from that perspective we were clearly not a good match for your aspirations. I hope you found a more rewarding partner elsewhere.
Fortunately, we have trained from scratch many highly succesful traders who would not share your views and we believe we maintain an exceptionally high standard throughout all of our businesses.
best
FUTEX

If youre a complete beginner you do, the likes of me and dante who had traded before (and went there with a track record) get nothing at all!!!

That's interesting - I'd got the impression that the track record was just "extra points" on your application, rather than a completely separate entry method. Do you mind saying how long your track record was when you got the job? And do you know what they would consider as a minimum track record?

That's interesting - I'd got the impression that the track record was just "extra points" on your application, rather than a completely separate entry method. Do you mind saying how long your track record was when you got the job? And do you know what they would consider as a minimum track record?

A year!! Its not a seperate entry method, however i think they expect 'newbies' to be on sim longer, so i guess they support them!