Futex 1st interview

Is there a particular time of year that you recruit (graduates specifically), or is it a continuing process?

Is there a particular time of year that you recruit (graduates specifically), or is it a continuing process?

There are three scheduled training courses for groups of around 6 to 10 for trainee traders throughout the year. We also do a more ad hoc training program, which is structured but is not done on a group basis, and can be started at any time.

Our scheduled courses for trainee traders start in April, August and December.

Hallo everyone. I have been invited to the 1st round assessment but not sure what kind of questions or test to expect. Can anyone who has gone through this assessment give me some tips of how to prepare for the 1st? Is the test same as in banks, like numerical, verbal reasoning? any questions refer to candidates personality? Many thanks!

Hallo everyone. I have been invited to the 1st round assessment but not sure what kind of questions or test to expect. Can anyone who has gone through this assessment give me some tips of how to prepare for the 1st? Is the test same as in banks, like numerical, verbal reasoning? any questions refer to candidates personality? Many thanks!

Hi,

The assessment will consist of three tests:
1) english/IQ test: where they'll ask you about some meanings/interpretations of basic English words/sentences. Also. there'll be some IQ elements in the tests.

2) numerical: it'll be based on simple math e.g 133+222, 247-86, 17*99, 133/15 etc... In other words, it'll consist only of plus, minus, multiplication and division.

3) Financial Market: You'll be tested on your knowledge in the financial markets. eg: what's GDP, FUTSE100, bonds, shares, hedging,....there'll be some questions like the current price for gold, oil, interest indices etc...

The assessment will be totally different from the banks'. It seems easy but the time limit for each test is really short.

Good luck mate.

Regards,
Joe

Hi Joe, thank you very much for your kind reply. Your msg was very helpful.Now I know how I should prepare for it. Btw, last ques if you don't mind. Is there any ques related to my skills or previous achievement on the assessment day? Or is it only just paper test? Many thanks!

Hi,

The assessment will consist of three tests:
1) english/IQ test: where they'll ask you about some meanings/interpretations of basic English words/sentences. Also. there'll be some IQ elements in the tests.

2) numerical: it'll be based on simple math e.g 133+222, 247-86, 17*99, 133/15 etc... In other words, it'll consist only of plus, minus, multiplication and division.

3) Financial Market: You'll be tested on your knowledge in the financial markets. eg: what's GDP, FUTSE100, bonds, shares, hedging,....there'll be some questions like the current price for gold, oil, interest indices etc...

The assessment will be totally different from the banks'. It seems easy but the time limit for each test is really short.

Good luck mate.

Regards,
Joe

Hi Joe, thank you very much for your kind reply. Your msg was very helpful. Now I have mroe clear idea of what to prepare. Just last question if you don't mind, would I be asked question related to my previous skills or achievement on the assessment day? Or is it that those questions will be asked later on on the 1st interview. Many thanks!

Hi Joe, thank you very much for your kind reply. Your msg was very helpful.Now I know how I should prepare for it. Btw, last ques if you don't mind. Is there any ques related to my skills or previous achievement on the assessment day? Or is it only just paper test? Many thanks!

The first assessment will consist only of paper test. Ques related 2 ur skills etc will be in the 2nd interview

hey, everybody. Thank you very much for last time's help on my assessment with Futex. Your guys' suggestion helped me get through it. Now it comes the first interview. I have no clue what I will be expecting. Anyone can comment anything? Thank you very much again!

from annabel--first Futex interview

The first assessment will consist only of paper test. Ques related 2 ur skills etc will be in the 2nd interview

Joe, I tried to send u a message yesterday, don't think it got through due to the my network problem. Anyway, let me go straight into the issue. First of all I like to express my appreciation for your advice for the Futex assessment. I got through :) Now it comes the first interview, I am not quite sure what to expect. Could you please help this time again? Your advice was so helpful and accurate last time. Looking forward to your reply

Hi Shadowninja! I also passed the assessment and now I am preparing the first round interview as well. Could you also give me some tips and help this time? Your advice would be help and means a lot to me. Looking forward to your reply or PM!Many thanks!

Hi Shadowninja! I also passed the assessment and now I am preparing the first round interview as well. Could you also give me some tips and help this time? Your advice would be help and means a lot to me. Looking forward to your reply or PM!Many thanks!

Hallo. The interviewer asked me questions like tell me about yourself. why did you choose university A instead of B, Why do you want to be a future trader.have you traded before, how will you sponsor yourself. give me an example when you took risk. why do you want to change your current job. as long as you can answer these questions, you will be fine. Rest of them just chit chat. The interview lasted for 30 mins

Shadow,

Do I detect select exchanges of billet-doux? You big sissy.

Grant.

Nice one. Good luck with the interview. Refer to my PM.

Hi, shadow,
Thanks, I am just preparing for the final round. not sure what sort of quest will be asked. I was told the CEO and managing directors(they are brothers) will interview me. so they can ask all sort of questions!:((((((((((((