Feed back about Fxmaster

kwtaylor said:
Old Bob -- glad to hear Dec ended so well. Can you tell me how your last signals from FxMaster went? That is, did you stop out at 1.9250 and take a 50 pip profit? And on his last signal, to buy at 1.9170, I assume that hasn't happened for you yet, right? (as of this moment cable is at 1.9195).

I'm trying to get back in synch with him.

Happy New Year too!

That signal to buy gbp/usd at 1.9200 was updated later and they moved stop loss to 1.9250 to lock 50 pips profit. Few hours after modifying the stop loss the trade got closed at 1.9250 with +50 pips.

Last signal to buy gbp/usd at 1.9170 was triggered few minutes ago

kwtaylor said:
And on his last signal, to buy at 1.9170, I assume that hasn't happened for you yet, right? (as of this moment cable is at 1.9195).

Old_Bob said:
Last signal to buy gbp/usd at 1.9170 was triggered few minutes ago

I also got same signals as you mentioned.

By the way... i think it's not fair to post their live trades for free in this forum.... :confused:

Hi everyone, I'm back at work now and see some of you have posted some results over the holiday period.

Rather than confusing the issue by posting detailed results in the format I have in the past thus duplicating information already here I will just confirm that the trades between 14/12 and 24/12 produced +680pips before spreads & costs.

My subscription expired xmas day, and have just renewed it yesterday. 2 new trades today, wich I will post up once they have run their course along with other trades on a weekly basis.

I see they have posted Decembers results to the website, which I have to say at +235pips is less than I was expecting given the late flurry of good trades, but upon reviewing them they seem accurate.

The first 4 months of '04 produced over 3800pips so lets hope for a repeat!

Dave

A question for those of you using the fxmasters service :

What time of the day do they usually send their alerts ?

TIA

Regards,

ivorm said:
A question for those of you using the fxmasters service :

What time of the day do they usually send their alerts ?

TIA

Regards,
they send usually between 8 am and 8 pm GMT

Old_Bob said:
they send usually between 8 am and 8 pm GMT

Thanks Bob.

Is the fxmaster service still active ?

I've tried to contact them over the last few days and they haven't replied to my emails.

Regards,

Sounds unusual they always reply quickly and politely to any e-mails I have sent them. Indeed I had a gap in my subscription over xmas, and they happily filled me in on the alerts I had missed so I could keep track. So I have no complaints.

BTW last signal I had was at 3.30pm GMT Friday (7/1/05) so they were certainly active up to then.

Dave1971 said:
Sounds unusual they always reply quickly and politely to any e-mails I have sent them. Indeed I had a gap in my subscription over xmas, and they happily filled me in on the alerts I had missed so I could keep track. So I have no complaints.

BTW last signal I had was at 3.30pm GMT Friday (7/1/05) so they were certainly active up to then.

Thanks Dave for the reply. I still haven't heard from them.

Has anyone had any contact with them since Friday ?

Regards,

Has anyone else had any communication from fxmaster this week? I know 3 or 4 days without a signal is not particularly unusual but Ivorm's post has me a little concerned?

I'm interested to know if anyone is using this system to spread bet and what effect it's having on the total pips.
Also, do you have to put your trades on 'out of hours' (for UK) and if so what spread bet companies offer this.

Cheers,

Edster

Edster said:
I'm interested to know if anyone is using this system to spread bet and what effect it's having on the total pips.
Also, do you have to put your trades on 'out of hours' (for UK) and if so what spread bet companies offer this.

Cheers,

Edster

I spread bet it through capital spreads. Due to the way signals are sent I normally place an order at the entry level, and so far have had no problem getting them filled. Sometimes there can be a delay of a day or two before an entry target is hit, occasionally it gets cancelled without being hit. i.e the latest trades on cable and USD/JPY came through at 6.40pm last night but the entry levels have not been hit yet.

Undoubtedly spreadbetting this service will erode the net profits but on the historic performance quoted I am willing to keep it with SB for the time being , I may move to DA if and when the service proves its consitency. (i.e. to me in the form of actual growth in my trading bank.)

Dave

OK, thanks for the reply Dave.
Do CS trade all 4 that FXMaster send signals for? What are the spreads like?

Cheers,

Edster

Edster said:
OK, thanks for the reply Dave.
Do CS trade all 4 that FXMaster send signals for? What are the spreads like?

Cheers,

Edster

I use the rolling daily trades which are 4pips for GBP/USD & USD/JPY, 5 for USD/CHF and 3 for EUR/USD. They do however make a cash debit to your account for every daily rollover, which on longer trades would be expensive but, these trades rarely run more than a few days.

Dave

I have just had my first bad experience on this, albeit it is down to me using Capital Spreads not a problem with fxmaster.

A new trade was notified yesterday to buy EUR/USD @ 1.3215, my order with CS was duly placed. It got filled at 20.51 according to the confirmation e-mail. CS put their automatic 160pip stop on the trade, but by the time I went online to amend it down to fxmaster's 80pips about 20mins later, it was out of hours and CS would not allow me to amend it.

By the time I logged on this morning I found that CS's auto stop had been hit before I got chance to amend it, at 1.3055 at 9.02am, so a nice 160pip loss :eek:

On a seperate note they just missed a very good trade this week. They put out a sell signal on Cable at 1.8950, which didn't get hit although it reached 1.8932, and has been as low as 1.8636 this morning. :rolleyes:

Hopefully this will both be proven to be exceptional occurances !

Dave

Yeah Dave. That's the only problem with CS. No 24 hour trading. Can't you set your stop to 80 pips when you place the buy order or can you only amend it once it's been filled?
If this is a problem, what other companies do people use?

Edster

Edster said:
Yeah Dave. That's the only problem with CS. No 24 hour trading. Can't you set your stop to 80 pips when you place the buy order or can you only amend it once it's been filled?
If this is a problem, what other companies do people use?

Edster

The auto stop is set by CS when the trade is opened, i.e. when the order is filled, unfortunately you cannot set a pre-determined stop when placing an order, only manually once the trade is live. Although I think it is something CS should look at and will e-mail them about it.

Unfortunately I could not move companies even if others are safer to use, as CS is the only site I can access from behind the firewall in my office.

Dave

Had another 'learning experience' with this and CS today. I was short GBP/USD from 1.8723 and was mildly in profit at last night's early close. I had set up a stop loss at 1.8800 but hadn't set a buy order as a 'profit stop' if the target price was hit when I wasn't watching my screen.

When opening my screen at 9.00am today I found that the profit target of 1.8560 had been hit, I got out at 1.8625 for 98pips, but in reality gave away 65pips.

Currently 160pips up on live trades so service seems to be working well at the moment if only I can execute the trades properly. :rolleyes:

Dave

Has anyone had expeience of FxMAX? I saw on Bloomberg yesterday that they're the number 1 currency predictors. Are they the same kind of outfit as FxMaster?
I had a quick look at their website and it's $340 a month. Do they send text messages out with buy / sell signals as well?

Also, has anyone ever thought of 'sharing' an FxMaster subscription? i.e. going halves and one person forwarding the signals onto someone else? Just a thought.

what's url of Fxmax??? I never heard about it. It's strange that they are mentioned by Bloomberg. they must be very famous!!