Feed back about Fxmaster

green light ?

So from all discussion here, can we conclude there is green light to promote FX Master service to our friend ?

firedave said:
So from all discussion here, can we conclude there is green light to promote FX Master service to our friend ?

I have just subscribed and I am already in four trades. It is a bit too early to judge yet but I do like their style of trading. They also offer a training course which if it teaches their trading methods, would be useful and worth pursuing.

mbadrick said:
I have just subscribed and I am already in four trades. It is a bit too early to judge yet but I do like their style of trading. They also offer a training course which if it teaches their trading methods, would be useful and worth pursuing.

Have you taken the course? The signals look to be pretty solid, I'm wonderingif the course is worthwhile. I believe someone on the FXMaster message boards had remarked that there was some technical analysis information he got out of the course that he felt was worth more that the signal serevice.............

Mr.Blonde said:
I believe someone on the FXMaster message boards had remarked that there was some technical analysis information he got out of the course that he felt was worth more that the signal serevice
Really? That is an interesting comment, isn't it? I've looked through the course stuff on their website once or twice and never noticed any appeal at all, I must say ... maybe they undersell that as well as the signal service! :)

I have subscribed to the course / the emails and the sms (jumped right in there!) I havent actually had any time to do more than read emails and action texts (when the IG server isnt down like it seems to be this morning) but hopefullly will get time to do the course next week as have taken week hol. will post what I think of it then. By the way if you are a spread better like me its worth doing a quick bit of back dated monthly anaysis to see how many pips you really are clear each month if you followed their last 13 months SMS. I have found for eg last month although they were up I would have been down. Worth doing just so you know what to expect.

LJE said:
I have found for eg last month although they were up I would have been down.
That's rather alarming! Are you paying such a huge spread, or is there some other reason? Looks like they made 120 from 18 trades (their worst month ever), which would need a 7-point spread (!) to be losing from it ... hence my confusion(?). (Nobody has 7-point spreads on Forex products, surely?)

Roberto said:
That's rather alarming! Are you paying such a huge spread, or is there some other reason? Looks like they made 120 from 18 trades (their worst month ever), which would need a 7-point spread (!) to be losing from it ... hence my confusion(?). (Nobody has 7-point spreads on Forex products, surely?)

Actually IG Index is 8 or 9 point spread on Daily Spot FOREX! me thinks should be looking elsewhere ? any suggestions this forum seems to talk about Capital Spreads but IG actually offers all I need like order to open with my own limit and stop loss that I can set. thus I can just put in what I want and forget about it. (Although they do not roll over orders to opend if daily spot - as I discovered this week). what do you use ?

LJE said:
Actually IG Index is 8 or 9 point spread on Daily Spot FOREX!
Wow, nasty. I'll forebear from asking where they get customers from at those prices because I appear to be talking to one of them. :)

LJE said:
IG actually offers all I need like order to open with my own limit and stop loss that I can set. thus I can just put in what I want and forget about it.
Fair enough, if it suits you, of course; but you're paying a lot for it. I use CS: EUR/USD 3 pips, all the others 4 or 5.

If I absolutely have to trade when CS is closed then I nervously use somewhere like FXCM, cursing both their spread and taxability of profits, and wishing that they were as safe and friendly and reliable and well regulated as a spread-betting firm has to be to pass muster with the FSA. (24-hour Forex trading coming to CS in a couple of months, they say. Can't wait).

Mr.Blonde said:
Have you taken the course? The signals look to be pretty solid, I'm wonderingif the course is worthwhile. I believe someone on the FXMaster message boards had remarked that there was some technical analysis information he got out of the course that he felt was worth more that the signal serevice.............

To be honest I do not think you can SB using these signals. The last four trades I had set entry levels that had to be hit to enter the trade, set stop loss and target figures. I did all this using FXCM. I asked about the course and this was there reply

Dear Mark,
The trading methods in the course are different from the analysis we do to generate our sms sigals. There's a team of traders behind our signals and we receive their forecast and choose the signals that suits our fundamental analysis of the market. The course is designed to explain simple methods to trade forex.
If you have more questions,feel free to contact me.
Kind regards,
Steve

Mark

Mark

Roberto said:
Wow, nasty. I'll forebear from asking where they get customers from at those prices because I appear to be talking to one of them. :)

Fair enough, if it suits you, of course; but you're paying a lot for it. I use CS: EUR/USD 3 pips, all the others 4 or 5.

If I absolutely have to trade when CS is closed then I nervously use somewhere like FXCM, cursing both their spread and taxability of profits, and wishing that they were as safe and friendly and reliable and well regulated as a spread-betting firm has to be to pass muster with the FSA. (24-hour Forex trading coming to CS in a couple of months, they say. Can't wait).

Roberto
Have just opened up account with CS so will give them ago along side IG and compare both
thanks for info LJE

mbadrick said:
To be honest I do not think you can SB using these signals. The last four trades I had set entry levels that had to be hit to enter the trade, set stop loss and target figures.
Why is any of that a reason not to spread-bet?

LJE said:
Have just opened up account with CS so will give them ago along side IG and compare both thanks for info LJE
Hope it goes well for you; and will be interested to hear. CS opening times can admittedly sometimes be a pain in the neck at the moment, but due to change soon, fortunately.

[/QUOTE]
The course is designed to explain simple methods to trade forex.
[/QUOTE]

Would that mean that the course is intended more for new traders and those unfamiliar with the concepts, or can a seasoned trader still get something useful out of it?

I have this course. It offers very good tools to trade. I trade forex since 3 years but i found this course very useful for me.

Old_Bob said:
I have this course. It offers very good tools to trade. I trade forex since 3 years but i found this course very useful for me.

Hi Bob,

Do you trade forex using the course tools AND also follow fxmaster's signals at the same time ? Do they ever conflict ?

Regards,

I follow Fxmaster signals but as you know they run medium term strategy and they don't send the signals everyday. The system they offer in their course is a technical system for scalping which generates more frequent signals so i like to use it in these days when fxmaster is quiet.