anyone confident enough to post live 10 winning trades in a row?

Dude you absolute bitched Friday trading, 14 trades in a row, that's a great effort. Are you going to share any of your methodology with the forum?

:clap:

Edit manners... cheers btw

On One level I would like to, but on another level I really struggle to see why I should and on yet another level I really can't be bothered with all the nonsense that I know will come back at me.

However, if anyone wants to put some work in, there are enough clues in previous posts going back a long way.

2,985 posts to sift throughto piece through your strategy. hmm, real work. I bet not one failing trader under 30 would complete the task (damn lazy generation of mine). :cry::cry:

i take that back, it's only 101 pgs after all. any one else knew you could just read all a posters posts.

Last edited:
2,985 posts to sift throughto piece through your strategy. hmm, real work. I bet not one failing trader under 30 would complete the task (damn lazy generation of mine). :cry::cry:

i take that back, it's only 101 pgs after all. any one else knew you could just read all a posters posts.

It's even worse than that...I can pretty much guarantee that 2,900 of them will be pure drivel ! :LOL:

Edit manners... cheers btw

On One level I would like to, but on another level I really struggle to see why I should and on yet another level I really can't be bothered with all the nonsense that I know will come back at me.

However, if anyone wants to put some work in, there are enough clues in previous posts going back a long way.

understand. what's the point if you are going to get shot down in flames. is 14 winning trades unusual in your trading? do you trade technical or fundy? i take it you dont look at time and sales at all, looks like you a spread betting with etx.

I did a quick trading session this morning on ZN and unbelievably (for me) I made 10 trades and all were winners, see orders history attached. I was only trading 1 lot as I am a noob. I know this looks like a stitch up as I started the thread myself, but I can assure you that wasn't the intention. This is the first time in around 3 years of trading I have ever made 10 winning trades in a row. next target is 20 winning trades in a row.:clap:

Attachments

• trading session.png
    trading session.png
    162.5 KB · Views: 231
sorry mate but not really. the trades you done were on the TTSIM gateway and between 10 and 11 am this morning... so the fills you got are probably quite unrealistic. 10/10 for effort though :)

sorry mate but not really. the trades you done were on the TTSIM gateway and between 10 and 11 am this morning... so the fills you got are probably quite unrealistic. 10/10 for effort though :)

yeah I am trading 1 lot on a XX trader SIM via Velocity. Do you think the fills would be that unrealistic? the position in queue seemed to working (in the sense that i wasnt getting filled as soon as it hit a level). I guess the only way to find out is to trade live init. I like trading the ZN out of US hours as it seems to be a bit more manageable.

Yep, this isn't b1tchin' at all... For example, between 10:59 and 11:00, TYU1 (or ZNU1, as you call it) traded at one price and one price only, 124-06+, which means you couldn't possibly have bot at 06 and sold at 07.

So yes, your fills are unrealistic, most definitely.

Yep, this isn't b1tchin' at all... For example, between 10:59 and 11:00, TYU1 (or ZNU1, as you call it) traded at one price and one price only, 124-06+, which means you couldn't possibly have bot at 06 and sold at 07.

F***in' demo trades. You trade demo, you get nice fills, you think "OK, tradin's like pimpin', it easy". Then you go live, and you get filled, oh yeah you get filled. Yo a$$ get filled fulla the market's boot.

Sheeeeeeeeeeeit.

dude. I am trading the ZNU1 the sept 2011 10 year note - i just shortened it to ZN. I thought TYU1 was the open outcry symbol for the note and hence this is open outcry would not have been traded out of chicago hours hence I wouldnt have expected any open outcry trades to go through during these hours.

The orders that I posted up have times against them which are the times the orders were entered not the time they were filled. So if I enter an order at 10.59.38 and it says filled then I could be filled 10 seconds later or 10 minutes laters it just shows the time of the order, anyway this is just TT symantics.

The TTSIM is showing 1480 contracts going through during 10.59 to 11.00 (1 tick range), now I dont know if that is gash because its SIM.

At the end of the day I realise SIM trades mean nothing, its just practice and if the fills are unrealistic it might be bad practice.

Last edited:
Relax, that's what learning is all about. Keep at it and don't get discouraged. Sim/demo trading is good to get your feet wet, get a feel for the market and the platform, and develop a bit of confidence. You just have to realize exactly what it is, a simulator.

Peter

dude. I am trading the ZNU1 the sept 2011 10 year note - i just shortened it to ZN. I thought TYU1 was the open outcry symbol for the note and hence this is open outcry would not have been traded out of chicago hours hence I wouldnt have expected any open outcry trades to go through during these hours.

The orders that I posted up have times against them which are the times the orders were entered not the time they were filled. So if I enter an order at 10.59.38 and it says filled then I could be filled 10 seconds later or 10 minutes laters it just shows the time of the order, anyway this is just TT symantics.

The TTSIM is showing 1480 contracts going through during 10.59 to 11.00 (1 tick range), now I dont know if that is gash because its SIM.

At the end of the day I realise SIM trades mean nothing, its just practice and if the fills are unrealistic it might be bad practice.
Yeah, I know about what ZN is... In BBG, TY is the generic name for the contract and it switches from electronic to pit, when the latter opens.

I thought the times were when you got filled, rather than when entered.

As to the actual mkt fills, as I said, between 10:59 and 11:00 the only trades that happened were at the 124-06+ price.

To be sure, it's all cool, I am not accusing you of anything. Just be careful with the "stimulator" :).

Sim/demo trading is good to get your feet wet, get a feel for the market and the platform, and develop a bit of confidence. You just have to realize exactly what it is, a simulator.

Peter

Won't get ya pants wet though eh Pete?..And you need to experience both types of pant wetting before you're getting anywhere..;)

Won't get ya pants wet though eh Pete?..And you need to experience both types of pant wetting before you're getting anywhere..;)

Yeah, but you have to start somewhere. I wouldn't recommend new traders to just throw a few thousand $$ in an account and have at it. At least a sim/demo is a more comfortable way to get your pants wet :)

Peter

Yeah, but you have to start somewhere. I wouldn't recommend new traders to just throw a few thousand $$ in an account and have at it. At least a sim/demo is a more comfortable way to get your pants wet :)

Peter

I disagree, why bother getting your pants wet wearing nappies, it only makes it feel slightly uncomfortable and before you know it you think you are used to it. Then one day you have the mother of all pant wetting episodes, you even defecate a bit. It comes as such a shock to the system, you're not sure who you are anymore, you can't even look yourself in the mirror. Why go through that when you can just start to wet your pants right from the start.

Hang on are we talking about trading here?

I disagree, why bother getting your pants wet wearing nappies, it only makes it feel slightly uncomfortable and before you know it you think you are used to it. Then one day you have the mother of all pant wetting episodes, you even defecate a bit. It comes as such a shock to the system, you're not sure who you are anymore, you can't even look yourself in the mirror. Why go through that when you can just start to wet your pants right from the start.

Hang on are we talking about trading here?

Take a break for a couple of minutes and sing along - might make you wet your pants though:LOL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPIdRoHY0oI&feature=fvsr

does my new sig work?

and martinghoul can you pls tell me when I am stopped out from that K**/M** thing pls? tbh I know that u know that i dint have access to that market (or even data) so what I dun is look at graph and i think there are spikes on upside but only long-term data i get is close from oanda :-/

anyway because I can B!tch the market to make my losses - and even more than that, I can b!tch the market to make losses on trades i never even took I just had to THINK about taking - i would be thankful of you can tell me when I am proced right, seein as you r the one with all the fancy blumbergs and all data and that.