$5000 to $23,700 in two months by ZDforex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trade how you like, zdforex. All that we oldtiimers are trying to do is to give you some friendly advice on how not to blow your account up.

Personally, I've been trading for many years, so I have got to understand risk pretty intimately :)

I like the Kelly's formula as it is based on ones actual performance and will change as the performance changes.

ZD is not risking anywhere near the maximum he is 8 times safer.

I would love to see how others work out how much they should risk as the only other method that I have read on these boards is to pick a number between 0.5% and 3% because this will allow you to have 50 losers in a row, wow the appliance of science.

I think that it is clear that many on this thread have no idea what it is like to have a 90% winning system, the confidence it brings and the low drawdowns.

Some would consider a 60% winning system to be good but the risk of ruin is considerable as it only has 1.5 winners to every loser whereas a 90% system has 6 times the winners i.e. 9 winners to every loser.

I think ZD has been very forthcoming and should be given a chance.

Some things work well for 1, 2 or 3 months, when the market is calm, relaxed, nothing big happening. Then in subsequent months when policies change, volatility increases, chaotic trading begins, they don't work anymore.

If a particular trading technique takes into account such fairly foreseeable circumstances and still works, then it could be something workable, if not, then, well.

Anonymous said:
Some things work well for 1, 2 or 3 months, when the market is calm, relaxed, nothing big happening. Then in subsequent months when policies change, volatility increases, chaotic trading begins, they don't work anymore.

If a particular trading technique takes into account such fairly foreseeable circumstances and still works, then it could be something workable, if not, then, well.

Perhaps the reason zdforex system works is because it only looks for just 10 pips per trade, the state of the market is almost irrelevant.
The volatility, calmness or policies may be irrelevant, as 10 pips is essentially noise.

And as they trade at a certain time of day, they may actually be avoiding big news events, and are trading the diminishing momentum after the big events.

For some traders, 10 pips is more than their spread !!

Does everyone just use ONE single technique to trade ?
I apply different methodologies ( not very well, but thats another story ), to different time-frames.

Zdforex may not be the BEST idea, but it may be another addition to a range of concepts, each having their logical place in the trading armoury.

Again, let the guy speak. We will know soon enough if he is any good.

( I am interested, because I dont know everything, I am still open-minded enough to hear someone out, without arrogantly assuming they are wrong. )

I am not stopping anyone from speaking and presenting his original ideas to the world.

But, eg. an examinee going for the final moment presenting his PhD thesis to the board of examiners cannot simply presume that, just by appearing before them he will earn his doctorate with a snap of his fingers, and not assume that he will not be examined, re-examined and cross-examined from his toe to his hair.

When real money is at stake if anyone is going to apply his ideas to the test, one shouldn't presume that he won't be asked silly questions.

Anonymous said:
I am not stopping anyone from speaking and presenting his original ideas to the world.

But, eg. an examinee going for the final moment presenting his PhD thesis to the board of examiners cannot simply presume that, just by appearing before them he will earn his doctorate with a snap of his fingers, and not assume that he will not be examined, re-examined and cross-examined from his toe to his hair.

When real money is at stake if anyone is going to apply his ideas to the test, one shouldn't presume that he won't be asked silly questions.

absolutely agree with you Anonymous !!

we are on page 5 of posts on this thread, and he hasnt even posted a single trade !!

you can only examine, cross-examine and re-examine a PhD doctorate AFTER he has proposed his thesis, and provided corroborative evidence.
( the evidence is all the more important if he is proposing something that requires a paradigm-shift in ideas. )

We seem to be judging this guy before he has even walked through the door.

His entry & exit strategy is inconsequential to the debate.

What experienced pros such as myself are attempting to do is to highlight the risk concerns that we have over his use of the Kelly formula.

hmm i suppose it then brings in an individuals risk profile. maybe by looking in detail at entry and exit method the risk concerns may evolve to numbers that become acceptable to an individuals "current" risk profile. enabling those with concerns as they are now to alter the external (method) or another way is to alter your internal, to take on or develop or look at "yourself" and your risk profile as it stands.

perhaps its best to be very neutral when looking at any situation and not to automatically impose preformed historical beliefs on a situation as this can lead us to being with closed/ defended minds.

Now why is entry and exit inconsequential if upon detailed examination it may lead to alteration of trading risk perceived and assumed ?

fxmarkets said:
hmm i suppose it then brings in an individuals risk profile. maybe by looking in detail at entry and exit method the risk concerns may evolve to numbers that become acceptable to an individuals "current" risk profile. enabling those with concerns as they are now to alter the external (method) or another way is to alter your internal, to take on or develop or look at "yourself" and your risk profile as it stands.

perhaps its best to be very neutral when looking at any situation and not to automatically impose preformed historical beliefs on a situation as this can lead us to being with closed/ defended minds.

Now why is entry and exit inconsequential if upon detailed examination it may lead to alteration of trading risk perceived and assumed ?

Taking too high a % risk on one's trades is a sure sign of a lack of understanding in the importance of risk in respect of trading longevity. Enough said.

I repeat, experienced pros such as myself come across wild claims of % gains all over the place. It is important for the newer, less knowedgeable traders to get a handle on the underlying risks involved in generating high returns, rather than looking at things through rose-tinted specs.

It does concern me that so many people are willing to give this trader and his use of the Kelly formula some kind of credibility. It forces me to conclude that not too many of those who have posted on this thread have actually been trading for a living for many years like I have.

I will now allow those of you who haven't quite 'got it' to continue to delude yourselves. I do hope that those of you, who are probably newer traders or paper traders, who have been somehow persuaded by the thread initiator step back and ask yourself the following question: "Do you actually want to trade for a living over the long run?". If the answer is yes, then start to learn about risk and drawdowns before you continue to develop your technical analysis approaches.

Of course, it's your choice and it's your living. I am just offering my 2 cents, gained over many years of actually trading the markets for a real living with real money.

Good luck in your trading endeavours, all of you.

Last edited:
Surely the kelly formula is just a part of the whole? the method currently used may well be improved upon, is it not possible ? which again leads to :

Now TP what should we be examining (in your experience) if we are looking at a potential method. excluding for the mo, psychological traits of the trader. If we examine this method could we not possibly have and r n r that is more acceptable to even professional traders ? Can it be done. ?

Contradiction

Im an experienced pro, Im an experienced pro, blah blah blah, Experienced pro etc etc.

And your signature is ELIMINATE EGO!!!! :-0

Traderpattern just my "2cent's"

Lets give this guy half a year to show consistent profits, I say that is a fair trial. If he is doing this out of the goodness of his heart as he claim's and he is making all these profits he won't be in any rush and we arn't going anywhere.

At the moment I write this it is about

11:40 a.m. Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) Saturday, 20 August 2005

Perhaps there may be reasonable doubt to refer to thread #40 Yesterday, 03:48 PM

and see:

after we start trading monday after 05:00 pm EST.
To remind you we trade only Mon to Thu from 05:00pm to :08:00pm EST.

zdforex said:
We were able to transform a $5000 on a demo account into $23,700 in two months.

You take 10 pips per trade no matter what. You only trade once a day between 05:00pm and 08:00pm ESTand for only 4 days each week.

What is this a housewife's hobby?

Haven't you been offering to manage forex investment accounts for traders on other forums on the basis of your demo account activity, and with no track record, and dare I say, no qualifications or legal regulation. Isn't this the true reason for your kind offer of apparently innocent market calls.

Here is the quote from your thread in another forum.

zdforexdotcom said:
well, we offer to manage people's accounts in a strategy that has proven to be very profitable. The fact that we have managed to increase an account from $5000 (starting June 14) to $16,400 (as of today), and in a very consistant and continuous manner, proves that we must be doing something right.

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

The only way to reply to all this skepticism is to deliver results, we start in 15 minutes. Hang on, and please note if there is no clear opportunity then there will be no trade.

ZDforex

We should paddle a little.

I trade forex and have posted live trades.

I have enjoyed the encouragement of 'texas-hedge' and some other but dont post anymore.

I have looked into many trading systems and daily trade bulletins.

To date i have only found one that seems to show consistently good results. I have not signed up to their service because 50% of the pleasure of my trades comes from learning the art.

If i signed up to these guys at 175 pounds per month i would possibly do better but would loose my enthusiasm.

When people first learn of what i do for some of my income they assume that one bad day and i would have to sell my house. It is this very same blinkered approach that some people take to other peoples offers of a system.

The usual response been " If it works why not just trade it for five years and retire"

Well while its working why not sign up 1000 people at 175 pounds and make an extra 175000 a month!!!!

All they need to do is prove their worth with documented results.

My point is simple , we are all learning. We should not dismiss things at face value.

You may have noticed i have not mentioned the companies name above.

I get my best advice in the forex chat room!!! online trades with real people who can justify their positions.

My thanks go out to 'FXBABE' for 2 positions today both profitable and fundamentally sound.

When we all stop been critics we will have some time spare to learn from each other.

thanks

zdforex said:
Hi everyone,

The only way to reply to all this skepticism is to deliver results, we start in 15 minutes. Hang on, and please note if there is no clear opportunity then there will be no trade.

ZDforex

interested as to what tonights "trade" will be and when.
looking through your trade logs you seem to either place a market order at 10pm or a limit order.
Of course there's always the "no clear opportunity" angle if it the trade turns bad before posting it.. since we don't know what your basing them on..

as i say, i;d love to be less sceptical but....

Hi guys, so far the trade setup is not like we would trade it untill it goes up to 1.2250, we are trading real money here, with 200K under management we can't mess around with less than perfect setup. If not filled by 0800 pm EST order will be canceled. Our performance came about from discipline and patience using normal everyday indicators, and conservative targets and aggressive money management.

ZDforex

Attachments

• ZDforex Chart2.jpg
    ZDforex Chart2.jpg
    280.4 KB · Views: 394
Last edited:
If one trades the price C, and C is directly affected by factors A and B.

such that A + B = C

And after the fact of C, one gets C + D = X, and X + Y = Z etc.

It is A and B that one should use to trade C and not D, X, Y, Z.

It is interesting to see consistent profits by something which is applying the other-way-round method.

Status
Not open for further replies.