$5000 to $23,700 in two months by ZDforex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi VSA,

Hope you didn't get stopped out. We can both be winners in this game and we can have different strategies. However, my last trade was a winner as you can see. Thus far 3 live trades on trade2win, all ending positively according to the plans.

ZDforex

As I suspected. A potential Dead-Zone early entry into the next daily candle and of course the larger implications that affords within a much larger strategy.

Whether the 'idea' is viable, or sustainable, or even if it has sufficient merit for inclusion into existing opertaions will be seen in the fullness of time with due investigation, but at this stage the idea does at least merit some further investigation/research. This is an area that was looked at previously, but reasearch was abandonned at that time due to non-fit and insufficient reliabilty.

Whether or not the strategy as presented is profitable is by the by, as is the money management method employed within it. This may well be another case of shelf life as it stands (so often the case with special circumstance set-ups). It's the idea behind the strategy that has something to offer imo. My biggest concern is the propensity to attempt to pick tops/bottoms, and I think that additional supporting factors would be required before this kind of entry could be employed and then only on a selective basis.

I Like this thread,some setups ok but still far from succ.
Maybe you guys will start post some monthly statements from accounts?(can be demo we dont want tax guys cut our heads lol)

I trade just half august (its summer fun time!!)

Here is my statement at bottom of this link (3 open positions plz consider as one coz alpari dont allow. more then 99lots at single click)

http://www.forexhusky.com/august_2005.php

Husky

Hi FH,

I would like to welcome your contribution to this thread, it would surely enrich our experience.

ZDforex

Thx i will follow this thread..but we all need tools not signals or one time advices,i always like to look at others way of trading ..so i will be here watching...

(world is going forward and people are still using stone age tools)

Hi ZD now with your overbought/sold stochastics... what are you looking at and thinking with this requiremet? different time frames ? only 60 min? thought I saw a 30 min chart too... and what do you do when its midway say on the 60 min? wait for it to reach what exactly ? any rules that you can expand on regarding your reading of the stochs..

fx

do you take a reading of say over 50 as overbought and sub 50 as oversold for example..or more exact conditions.

Last edited:
ZDForex,

i would like you to tell me if you are useing 100k how you are getting the kind of profits that you getting? what about the spread? On 100k , that mean that you would be braking even if you are getting 10pips.
Please explain the spreads on the 10 pip method.

@Zdforex:
Sell 1.2235, will explain later
You posted this on August 23rd in Post #68 on Page 7, but never explained it yet.
Can you please write something about it, why you choose to sell?
Because in your charts all the time its written:
"...needs hourly stochastics OverBought/OverSold confirmation to initiate a sell/buy"
But I can't see any evidences in the stochastics for an OverBought??! So why do you decided to sell at this time?

Sorry, I'm new to forex...

Interesting

Hi zdforex, I have used a similar system to your own involving bollinger bands and established support and resistance price area's. It can be a very effective strategy if used correctly.

Good Luck ;)

oh. i am more new in this game... but i have a couple of questions that i hope it does not sounds too silly... :)

1. what if the fix time zone move to say, HK time, 5pm to 8pm? consistently in this zone. same OB/OS method to enter and 10/20 decision points?

2. what if, same 5-8pm EST, we do a 20 pips stops and 20 pips limit will that enhance the performance? 'betting 20 bucks for a 10bucks.... does sounds tough for rookies like me...:) i no nuts about kelly formular and neither know anything about risk.. :) sorry.

3. during trade time, the trade is being done before 5pm EST to set the 'traps' or it is on going 'trap' setting during 5pm to 8pm est?

4. if you stay in the market after the trap is being set, would it be more make sense to adjust the stop and limit during the course of 5pm to 8pm. to maximise the session?

5. any other time frame that similar to this characteristic? i am from far east.. :) got to wake up from 4am to 7am.. :(

Hi everyone,

Welcome to our thread for this new week, lots of questions, I will try to answer them as to my best ability.

1- This strategies main strengths are: (1)trading time from 5pm to 8pm EST(don't know if it will work as good on other times needs researching). (2)trade management 20pips stop 10 pips profit (Sounds strange but it works best in backtest too, try it for the last 3 years.)(3)Risk management(Some of you will wonder what am I talking about here, if I take 10% risk per trade then where is the risk management!) Well if you have 90% profitable trades your equity curve will grow faster then when you take 1% risk lets say. (4) OB/OS hourly stochastics and Support and Resistance entries and confirmations.(The main thing here is Support and Resistance, the confirmation is not needed always, here comes experience, I am afraid.)

I will try to elaborate on the live examples that I give here, so please keep tuning in. Thank You

ZDforex

This is the analysis chart, if you have any questions about the trade please ask

Attachments

• ZDforex Chart7.jpg
    ZDforex Chart7.jpg
    437.1 KB · Views: 423
zdforex said:
-20 pips last trade

Hi ZD,

I thought that the market was too weak to hold that trade up, but after the last one I thought I should keep quiet to see how it panned out. I think that the € seems to be accumulating at the moment and I am waiting to see if the trend line hold up.

I have noticed that you do not seem to include the spread in your trades? Are your trades minus the spread which would be 7 pips in reality? or do you take 13 pips to cover that?

Regards VSATrader

Attachments

• Eur_Usd_Monday_30_8.png
    Eur_Usd_Monday_30_8.png
    44.1 KB · Views: 287
Last edited:
VSATrader said:
Hi ZD,

I thought that the market was too weak to hold that trade up, but after the last one I thought I should keep quiet to see how it panned out. I think that the € seems to be accumulating at the moment and I am waiting to see if the trend line hold up.

I have noticed that you do not seem to include the spread in your trades? Are your trades minus the spread which would be 7 pips in reality? or do you take 13 pips to cover that?

Regards VSATrader

Hi VSA

The trades do take care of the spread, so its 13 pips correct to profit, of which 3 pips spread and thus 10 pips profit, the trades are actually made on a live platform, and not some wrong tick of some chart, so they are real trades with real money with real profit or loss.

Anyways,

Yesterday was a loss, we missed the target by 3 pips the highest bid was 37, its fine, this is the market. The secret of all long term success is discipline, one wishes to win on all trades but this is not realistic. See you tonight.

ZDforex

Last edited:
** IMPORTANT INFORMATION ***

Would all followers of this thread please note:

We have learnt for certain this morning that the member ZDForex is also known by another name on the boards, that of Proforextrades whom some of you will know from this thread, entitled "$300 to $30,000 in six weeks".

This account (Proforextrades) and the ZDForex account will be merged into one account shortly, under the name ZDForex.

Thanks to those members who have been diligent in making their feelings known to us on this occassion. Unfortunately, we are all busy folk and as such aren't glued to our screens or T2W 24/7, and we sometimes rely on members to point out potential problems or hotspots within the community.

Because of the apparently commercial connection this thread is now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.