Scalping questions please

kitty1996

How long does it take to be a good scalper who can make at least $5000 per month?
Does anyone here make $5000 per month on scalping alone with 1 cent spread most?
How many shares per trade you make?
How many trades you make in one trading session/one day?

Thank you for your insight.:love:

Last edited:
How long does it take to be a good scalper who can make at least $5000 per month?

it takes as long as it takes, which would depend on lots of factors. Why does it take some people six weeks to learn how to drive and pass first time, and others take six years and 20 tests?

why did you pick on scalping vs any other style of trading, may i ask?

it takes as long as it takes, which would depend on lots of factors. Why does it take some people six weeks to learn how to drive and pass first time, and others take six years and 20 tests?

why did you pick on scalping vs any other style of trading, may i ask?
yes, i understand it is different from one to another. but i just want to know the typical/general ideas...that's all.

the reason i asked these questions because i am just starting out learning scalping...i find it interesting. of course, nothing is easy in life. but i like it. thank you for your reply.:clover:

i have basic knowledge but now i am learning seriously (about scalping). and i am devoted fulltime into it. thank you for your reply:clover:.

I'll take that as a no. :)

First, acquire some trading experience with something much easier than scalping. If you're successful, you might have a chance with scalping. If you're not, and you insist on pursuing scalping anyway, save yourself some time by putting all of your money in a big pile and setting in on fire.

Best of luck.

Does anyone in this forum have successful scalping record that could answer my questions? No one??????

Does anyone in this forum have successful scalping record that could answer my questions? No one??????

Yes! there are several traders on this forum who have very successful scalping records.(there are probably too busy scalping to answer)
But if you think that learning a scalping method from someone else is the answer let me warn you its not.
My trading is a combination of scalping and swing trading; I have tried to teach my scalping Method to people the results were disastrous.
Also if you want a scalper to send you a message alert indication of an impending scalp there is generally no time to-do this.

However I will say you have started your journey in the right place.
There are several threads on scalping trading methods that you can learn from on this site
spend a couple of hours reading this site and I am sure a lot of your questions will be answered

Good luck!!!

33507d1203206931-appendix-25ed9c40ce4d.gif

Well, I've a discussion with a Pro-trader in another forum. It seemed clear that now program trading wiped out a lot of scalpers. No wonder no one here can provide a positive answer to my question. I am sorry if some of you here have lost a lot of money in scalping.Best wishes in other trading adventure:clover:

The lack of a positive answer reflects the number of people thinking that you were probably asking the wrong question.

The markets are always changing so good traders change too. Neither program trading nor decimalization have made scalping unprofitable. Just in case people have misjudged you, here are the questions for you: how do you define scalping and how long have you been trading successfully?

^^well, i understand why people are often "bitter" at trading forum. they must have lost a lot of money thus they have that kinda attitutes toward questions like mine.

actually, my question doesnot define a successful trader. $5000 per month is nothing to wall street. successful traders can make $1 million a day. a 25 years-old guy in europe, the top trader in the world makes $1M a day.

so...
there is no need to be so skeptical about my question.

i am just wondering about $5000 because it's the least & acceptable salary one can live by...that's all. IMHO, $5000 per month is no big deal to professional~!!! its change & pennies to wall st, really~!

about me... i am still in training by a firm. we trade for a few cents profit per share/scalping all day long. can't give much detail because it's confidential infos of my firm. my goal is to make $5000 per month after first year -training program. the best trader of the world makes $1 million a day & he is in the business for only 2 years. i don't think my goal is too big....lolz!

Last edited:
Hardly bitter. You're asking a question that is not only naive but unanswerable. A more pertinent question might be what is the likelihood that you will ever be profitable at all?

Stop counting dream profits long enough to learn how to trade. Once that's done, you'll be able to answer your question yourself.

Hardly bitter. You're asking a question that is not only naive but unanswerable. A more pertinent question might be what is the likelihood that you will ever be profitable at all?

Stop counting dream profits long enough to learn how to trade. Once that's done, you'll be able to answer your question yourself.
^^ i disagree with you. i have read the discussion of the blackwwod trader who has made $150,000 per month. she said she traded from 600 to 6000/7000 shares (nasdaq stocks) per trade....250 times a day...ect. she answered very specific how she achieved that goal & how she observed L2.
you obviously can't even make $5000 per month in scalping ...its why you can't answer such a simple question of how many trades per day or how many shares ect....to achieve that goal.
only $5000 per month for God's sake. the blackwood trader made $150,000 per month!!!! $5000 per month is nothing. please don't make a big deal.
i am still in training...how about you? from your post, you obviously have been trading a long time. but $5000 per month you can't make in scalping. no wonder you are so bitter & have plenty of time to post BS.

Last edited:
You have finally answered the strange feel of your question.

If you are scalping for a few cents per share then its unlikely that you'll be able to take the skill once you develop it to a retail environment. Perhaps another firm with high speed and low costs.

I (and I suspect most here who are satisfied with their trading outcomes) trade on timeframes that you might not consider scalping but that many who ask such questions do. FWIW my average winning trade today took a little over 10 minutes and involved visible price and volume structure so I consider myself more of a microswing trader than a scalper.

I am curious: when you say to db "I disagree with you", what part of what he said did you disagree with?

i have read the discussion of the blackwwod trader who has made $150,000 per month. she said she traded from 600 to 6000/7000 shares (nasdaq stocks) per trade....250 times a day...ect. she answered very specific how she achieved that goal & how she observed L2.

Well, the means to your answer is clear. Just take $150k/mo and 600-6k/7k shares/trade, 250 times a day, apply a little arithmetic, and you'll know exactly what will be necessary for you to make your $5k/mo.

Though, again, you may never be profitable at all.

Good luck with Swift Trade.

You have finally answered the strange feel of your question.

If you are scalping for a few cents per share then its unlikely that you'll be able to take the skill once you develop it to a retail environment. Perhaps another firm with high speed and low costs.

I (and I suspect most here who are satisfied with their trading outcomes) trade on timeframes that you might not consider scalping but that many who ask such questions do. FWIW my average winning trade today took a little over 10 minutes and involved visible price and volume structure so I consider myself more of a microswing trader than a scalper.

I am curious: when you say to db "I disagree with you", what part of what he said did you disagree with?
^^ are you working for a firm?
working for yourself is different. we have very strict rules that we need to follow. trade commission is extremely low, unlike what retail investors have to pay so yes, even a few cents a share is still good profit on volumes. this is what scalping is.

the blackwood trader was working for a firm as well. she will understand what i am talking about. though she traded only nasdaq stocks, more volatiles, more risk but higher profit-goal per share. 25 cents was her goal, i think.

Last edited:
No, I trade my own capital. And I trade little other than futures so the cents goals are meaningless me.

I understood what you were (might be) asking but didn't know who/what you were so answering your question would have been be meaningless as your question might have meant something different depending on what you were and what you knew about. I don't believe there are a significant number of people doing what you are learning to do here. You can find some in that environment at ET and a few in the 5-10 thousand a day range who post their blotters. Most of those people are in prop shops.

Be careful how you ask your questions over there. Here you get ignored ... there you will get told where you can stick your attitude if you get it wrong. Cheers, :)

i am still in training...how about you? from your post, you obviously have been trading a long time. but $5000 per month you can't make in scalping. no wonder you are so bitter & have plenty of time to post BS.

IMO you can stick your attitude.

you ask some rather naive questions and then you get all p!ssy when respected members take the time to try and point you in the right direction.

if this is your attitude to learning now as a trainee then that really doesnt look promising for your longevity in this business.