ZuluTrade

Too bad for you, that you cant straighten your account management.
I have no problem with the zulutrade, never had for the past 2 years and so. Once I figured out how to follow and with what margin risk -things have been straight on.

Without proof, this would just be a subjective statement, with proof with would become fact. Not, that I am expecting anything.

Hello all,

After review of various platforms available out there I have also decided to join Zulutrade, as well as Collective2, as Signal Provider.

I like the way this thread involves both users and providers and I think each set of people brings something interesting to the conversation. I hope I can also be of some benefit to all with my observations. Besides I can also highlight the pros/cons with Collective2, which also has a large following and is a different proposition with subscription fees, since the same strategy will be traded on both platforms.

:)

Hello all,

It has been 1 year since I posted this so I thought I would briefly update.

Collective2 and Zulutrade are clearly completely different animals but in terms of popularity a good system will always be able to get some subscribers on both platforms.
However, in terms of rewards, trading frequency will dictate whether you should pick one over the other. As such, if you have a performing strategy you will always earn a monthly income on Collective2 from subscribers whereas the same performing strategy on Zulutrade will earn you nothing if the volumes traded are low (less than 1 trade per day on average).

Anyone who can consistently profit from scalping though should definitely look into providing his trades on Zulutrade. So should anyone who can design systems that can achieve high win ratios and adversely lopsided R:R over the long-term since most followers on that platform are attracted to quick gains and will ignore obvious risks of martingale and average down/up strategies (sometimes on purpose, and sometimes because Zulutrade does a poor at educated followers by ignoring simple risk data).

At the end of the day, from a provider's perspective, social trading at this level is amateurish obviously but anyone who can trade FX (and/or Stocks, Futures, and Options on Collective2) should not underestimate the earning potential of these platforms and their ability to provide diversified income from trading activity that is otherwise done anyways.

first, in terms of follower's ROI how much does C2 generates, lets say monthly basis? As you talk from the point of view of a trader...

Well that is up to you. There are all sorts of systems with different monthly ROIs, just pick what you want.

second, you comment of trading frequency - as far as I'm aware of, Zulutrade does not favor scalpers and usually the whole system cannot support it in terms of executions - slippages among brokers are frequent observation.

I was not referring to scalping as in running the spread and making the market. The spreads of the allowed brokers are too awful to do that you are right.
I was referring to strategies with very low average win to loss ratios and average win to loss duration ratios. Strategies which will take 5-12 pips per winners 10 times a day and will do well on Zulutrade if they let the losses run until they recover, for as long as those losses do recover.

and lastly, about the education of followers - I would disagree with you, I have spent countless hours with the support team telling me what to do , how to optimize my trading and overall better my account management.

It is good that they've been helpful to you and others, I am not disputing that. I was talking about the lack of direct and explicit education in the form of risk metrics available for each provider. The focus on pips and the complete absence of simple risk data means that followers who cannot properly read through a transactions log will just end up following dangerous providers more often than not. You just need to look at the distribution of followers and their comments to see that the majority are attracted to providers who have found a loophole in the ranking algorithm and then complain about losing money.

Can you upload some images to see your C2 and zulu performance? (whatever is publicly available, of course)

I'm just interested in constructive criticism of these platforms and sharing my experience that's all. I don't want to take advantage to freely promote my system on here.

I would only consider putting money with Zulu or C2 if I had finally given up on my own and admitted defeat.

After I quit my job in July, I focus on my trading. The last two months, my Zulutrade performance has been improving. I just revived Fxturtle and see how it goes in the following months.

After I quit my job in July, I focus on my trading. The last two months, my Zulutrade performance has been improving. I just revived Fxturtle and see how it goes in the following months.

Not sure you can make money from this Fxturtle account now that it has hit rock bottom. Surely most followers will think twice regardless of your future performance. Perhaps a brand new account would be better.
Just a thought.

some people like zulu trade, some dislike, but idea of trading does not have to be in good or bad broker, it should be in a good selfcontrol and time/risk and money management.

some people like zulu trade, some dislike, but idea of trading does not have to be in good or bad broker, it should be in a good selfcontrol and time/risk and money management.

I agree with your point totally!
Works for both sides -followers and traders !

Not sure you can make money from this Fxturtle account now that it has hit rock bottom. Surely most followers will think twice regardless of your future performance. Perhaps a brand new account would be better.
Just a thought.

Thanks for the feedback. I will just continue trading FxTurtle for the next 3 months and see how it goes.

Cheers,
FxTurtle

Thanks for the feedback. I will just continue trading FxTurtle for the next 3 months and see how it goes.

Cheers,
FxTurtle

Thanks for the heads up! I think I myself will wait a little bit more for your trading to stabilize, in order to follow you.

Thanks for the heads up! I think I myself will wait a little bit more for your trading to stabilize, in order to follow you.

Hi Creig,

Out of the two accounts I have in Zulutrade, the most active is my FxTurtle500 account which is a live account as it trades different pairs, FxTurtle is just trading EURJPY.

In my 10 years around I have yet to see one decent seller.These sites suck, let alone the signal provider.

Write your own reviews and testimonials and scam new traders is the agenda.:sneaky:

Hey all. I read with interest comments about eZulutrade on this forum. I am a UK-based journalist and I'm writing an article on social trading for the Telegraph newspaper. I'm keen to hear different users experiences about the platform. Is it a good way to make money? Would you recommend it?

Here are my previous efforts http://www.theguardian.com/money/2013/jul/20/learn-to-trade-stock-market-websites

Do you still use Zulutrade? Or others like eToro?

I'd love to hear your views. Perhaps we could correspond? By email or even skype, whatever suits you?

I look forward to hearing from you
David Robinson
Journalist
[email protected]

Last edited:
I have a negative view on this , will send you an email if you like ...

Pat I am only on zulutrade - sorry cant give you a comparison...only my zulutrade experience should you want ;)

I was a zulu trade watcher a few years ago but never even made the demo profitable, so I quit. Maybe it's improved ?

Dear all. A while back some of you kindly got in touch to share your experiences of ZuluTrade, eToro, and Currensee for a newspaper story about the pros and cons of copy trading.

I’m a British freelance journalist.

Rather unprofessionally, real life got in the way over the summer and the research was left on the shelf.

However, I'm belatedly getting round to writing it now – it’s going on the Telegraph.

Again apologies, I don’t normally work like this.

I’ve got some nice views from the US, Algeria and Jordan… the only thing I missing really is more views from the UK which are always good if you write for the UK papers.

Any Brits out there tried using ZuluTrade, eToro, or Currensee. How was it? Brilliant? Rubbish? Did you make any money?

Any views appreciated.

Pls get in touch
David

[email protected]

http://davidrobinsonjournalist.weebly.com

I think people are looking at sites like ZuluTrade in the wrong light. As a serious trader, your goal should not be to become a subscriber. Your goal should be to develop your own winning trading system and become a signal PROVIDER. If you can pull it off you will get a lot of subs, you will make people a lot of money, you will make money and you can reinvest that money in your own trades. It's a win, win for everyone. If your system sucks, you will get no subscribers and you won't hurt anyone or yourself.

Last edited: