ZuluTrade

The problem with banning people for lulz, multi-nicks etc. there is no one left. They are the oil for the forum machines.

I've disabled the live account on Zulu. I'm tired of fighting changing SP to just... keep my money. I'll try with the demo until I see it improves.

I've disabled the live account on Zulu. I'm tired of fighting changing SP to just... keep my money. I'll try with the demo until I see it improves.
July was a tough month for me too. Some of the top signal providers I was following fell really hard, and some others entered into drawdown period. Looks like the market isn't giving clear signals. I have been working hard to have a reliable portfolio of signal providers, while at the same time working on several EA's to become a signal provider myself.

Can I kindly ask who were you following that gave this big drawdown?
Did you zuluguard? or manually some level of stop/loss protection?
I had dd with several traders, like Aijaz and Data capital. I always use zuluguard and also configure other protection measures like sl and max orders. That helped to control dd but I still had a loss for the month. It wasn't too big though and I expect to recover in the following months.

I think Zulu etc. should either ban averaging down or at least mention it. It produces spectacular results for the short term and then is bust.

I think Zulu etc. should either ban averaging down or at least mention it. It produces spectacular results for the short term and then is bust.
If they do that they would be banning at least two thirds of the top traders. I don't think they're going to do that any time soon.

Why do you use PAMMs , Zulu etc.
1.pure laziness ?
2. Lack of time ?
3. Admission of personal failure ?

The guys running them aren't in it for charity. So the customer pays.

Wonderful analysis. Aside from all that you noted, I find it amazing in the case of SP f8, he has $7 million in live followers but he has at least 30 provider accounts that he has bombed out. If I was interested in following someone, why would I pick someone with all those bombed accounts? Amazing.
Dear robbert,
It's very simple: no trader would ever open 5 or more fixed-size positions in the same direction for the same currency pair (or a very highly correlated one). So 99% of the perceived successful traders on Zulutrade have such a standing because they take advantage of the most important flaw of the platform which is the absence of equity.

Therefore, traders like f8, OSTRICH GBP, and countless others can accumulate positions and by doing so accumulate pips regardless of margin requirements and downside risk.

After a while they have so many pips that it becomes mathematically impossible for them to appear reckless: for example after these guys have accumulated 20000 pips by just opening tens of positions and wait for the market to turn in their favor, 10 positions running 400 pips losses would just mean a drawdown of 20% which then would seem reasonable to most followers. However, what kind of live account must you have to reasonably have 10 positions running 400 pips losses? Or if you do, what kind of ridiculously small size would you have to trade?
Another advantage of the platform is that If they get caught by the market and bust up they can just open another account with another alias and start again (OSTRICH has busted 4 out 6 accounts).

So at the end of the day, if you want to trade microlots and switch between providers every week, you really can pick anybody from the top 100 more or less at random.
What you can also do is shut down Zulutrade, open two live accounts instead, and start trading using a coin flip strategy with 30 open positions, stop loss 500 pips, and profit target 20 pips. I can guarantee you that at least one of these two accounts will provide you with exactly the same performance.

Now on the other hand if you want to find some people who can really call themselves traders, you will need to completely forget about the Zulutrade rankings and start looking for other metrics than total pips and "drawdown".

That, of course, is only my opinion.

:)

I'm not trying to say that I want to change the zulutrade game but I've gotten so sick of these run of the mill providers, I decided to start a sp account on Zulu. I've been on for three weeks and so far I've done a little over 1100 pips. More importantly, I place a stop loss on every single trade and I only open one trade on a given pair at a time. I don't open 10 trades one eur/usd within minutes of each other just to make my results look amazing. I won't say what my name is as I don't want to be accused of trolling. Hopefully I'll be in the top 10 soon and you can see for yourselves.

Attachments

• 2013-09-19_0635.png
    2013-09-19_0635.png
    95.3 KB · Views: 285
  • 2013-09-19_0636.png
    2013-09-19_0636.png
    118.8 KB · Views: 263
  • 2013-09-19_0637.png
    2013-09-19_0637.png
    75.9 KB · Views: 291
It doesnt matter!
The ranking will adjust to the next good one and winning trader. that's what usually happens!

I'm not sure I agree that the rankings don't matter. Obviously the providers at the top are going to get the most views. More views should equal more followers, assuming that they like what they see.

You can subscribe to any number or signal providers, which would result in widely varying results.

Well I finally made it into the Top100 at 93 https://www.zulutrade.com/TradeHistoryIndividual.aspx?pid=10263 signal provider stephanusR after 9 weeks of trading.
We will see how trading does next week, I average about 5 trades a day every day. Friday was a particularly good session, it increased my rating from 246 to 93. Made about 12 trades with only 1 loss of -1 pip, with very low drawdowns per trade of around -3 per trade. Some of the trades had a draw-down of 0 pips, nailed the Euro at the exact top for shorts.

Pro-B5 https://frankfx.zulutrade.com/TradeHistoryIndividual.aspx?pid=2763 , I have been watching for a while, his ranking isn't in the Top100 because he doesn't trade that often, but when he does trade the signals aren't to bad if one implements proper stop loss rules. Zulutrade is geared towards high volume signal providers, there is nothing inherently wrong with this, but it tends to give lower rankings to the more sedate steady signal providers like Pro-B5 who is choosing his signals very carefully so as not loose subscribers.

Lol, well this failed as most on ZuluTrade do

GBPJPYxiong
Poisonfx
Planned traders
ETE
Claudia

and everyone that have their little gold medal hanging under their pics. The one I listed are in the top rank right now.

hmm well....

I have followed various traders on zulutrade since last September or Oct,

I think this comment, from another zulu user pretty much sums up my experience

"I was using this trader for 4 months. I made no money. Lost some. I do not understand why this trader consistently has high rank. If this is the performance of a highly ranked Zulu trader then I have to wonder if any of the Zulu traders actually make any money. "

regarding the trader Claudia... this screenshot shows all the accounts she has, decide for yourself how good she really is.

otem4l.png

GBPJPYxiong
Poisonfx
Planned traders
ETE
Claudia

and everyone that have their little gold medal hanging under their pics. The one I listed are in the top rank right now.

And then there is Poisonfx, he has already blow 18 accounts!